Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Infernal Devices! Will or Jem? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is your favorite Infernal Devices Character?
Will
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Jem
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 pm
Ok so my favorite character for the Infernal Devices (actually both series) has to be Jem. I supported Jace and Clary in the Mortal Instruments because the whole attitude and everything worked for Jace. I also wasnt a huge fan of Simon at first though he has grown on me, must be the whole vampire thing XD. While I like Will he just seems to be Jace with a different look. Im really tired of reading books where a cocky pretty boy with a haunted past always gets the girl. There are other kinds of us guys out there ya know?
Jem is a break from that character build. Even his look is quite different. He is a more calm and collected character that is just as caring and formidable as any shadow hunter. On top of that I love how he has that old time chivalry thing working for him lol. Maybe I just was able to connect with the character more, I kinda understood him I guess XD
BTW: Tessa sounds hot.... XD XP lol  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:51 am
I like Jem for all the reasons u listed! As far as Will is concerned, I like him, too. I don't think he and Jace are the same. They're similar but I like Will way better. At first I didn't like Jace, but he grew on me, but at the beginning he had a fake/generic vibe to him that Will doesn't have. Will wears his emotions on his sleaves and a lot of male characters don't do that. Basically, I like both, but I definately lean towards Jem.  

netherfreak
Captain

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm
You are right I was being careless when I said Will and Jace were the same. I just didnt really want to write a page comparing them biggrin I dont really care for one more then the other while Jace was more generic at first he grew out of it. Will however isnt a fresh new character either though. I guess I could say both possess qualities that make them bland characters but that also make them different as well. Its also true that they are very different in some aspects but similar in others. I guess it kind of works though because Will is a forefather of Jace. Either way neither is a s good as Jem lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 pm
Exactly! Will and Jace are tied for me, but Jem is better than both. And yes, I do see their similarities, too.  

netherfreak
Captain

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 pm
I loved how the final scene of Clockwork Angel ended with Jem and Tessa. I jsut hope Jem does not die in the series, I would be upset. You probably already know this but I just have to point out that the cover for book two looks awesome, he is on the front. I cant wait for this Book! Im going ot go crazy O_o  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:19 pm
I know! I can't wait till December. And I'm not really for Tessa and Jem (or Tessa and Will for that matter, I don't like her with either of them), but I really liked all the scenes with them together. At this point I'm just hoping he lives, too. Like I said, he's my fav character from TID and I REALLY don't want him to die crying  

netherfreak
Captain

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:41 pm
See I like Tessa and Jem! Not to mention I see a lot of change coming to her character in future installments. I think that she can be tough or at least will learn to be but she definitly has that weaker woman arent meant for this demeanor. It suits the time period. I think Jem is a better match for her then Will and honestly it will be a breath of fresh air to see the cocky pretty boy left behind for once lol! Also I loved there scenes in the book they jsut had a air about them that made rading them great! So I hope that she keeps that up!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:51 pm
I think she will grow a lot (or at least she has a lot of room to grow), but the reason I don't think she should be with either of them is because she's still trying to figure stuff out. For example, Clary found out she was a Shadowhunter, but she had a very strong personality. With Tessa, she found out she's a witch, but her personality isn't as defined. I still like her, she's...simple yet likeable, but she doesn't strike me as someone that should enter a relationship, not yet anyway. I agree tho, if she were to go with someone, it should be Jem, for the same reason you said.  

netherfreak
Captain

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:07 pm
Haha you have a point but isnt it true the opposite could be said as well. She isnt sure who she really is and she pretty much just learned that you should be afraid of the dark. She is in a new world alone and confused. I would imagine she would get closer to the one who is there for her and supports her. She is supposed to start finding out about herself in this book and it says she gets closer to Jem. So maybe he is the one their helping her find herself and supporting her until she does. People tend to gain strength from those closest to them in their times of need. It also changes the characteristics of the romance a little so its not exactly the same as Clary and Jace. Thats another reason I think Will is not the better choice. He seems to have some big dark secret. Tessa shouldnt be worrying about him and trying to find herself at the same time. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:58 pm
I love Will, but he reminds me too much of Jace.
I also love Jace, but there can't be too many of his arrogant pretty-boy types can there?
And also, Jem won my heart the first scene of the story. I mean, you wouldn't want a guy who is also so gentlemanly and kind? Cool and collected?
And the fact that he has his illness makes me want to cure him, which makes me love him even MORE.
Go JEM~!

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 pm
I finished Clockwork Prince And I know who I love now.♥
JEM. MY LOVE. xDDD
But of course only Tessa gets to live the dream. *swoon*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
JEM. MY LOVE. xDDD

Not going to lie ....The reason ,I got into the clockwork angel series was because of JEM ON THE FRONT COVER OF THE SECONED BOOK HE"S SO HOT >////<

..... look at this

User Image

Move over jane austen cassandra clare has your men beat  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 am
I love Jem because he reminds me of Angel from 'Tess of the dUrbervilles'. He's just so sweet to Tessa, and he loves her so much. He tries so hard to stay strong, but you can tell on the inside he's still very fragile, and I adore that about him.

Don't get me wrong though, I love Will too, but out of the two boys, Will is the one that I could see being happy with someone other than Tessa. It's like, she's the one who got him to open his heart, and can lead him to give it to a good girl. But Jem, I can only see him with Tessa, I cannot imagine him ending up with some other girl that pops up in the last book.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:02 pm
xtigsx
Azn_Expo_Marker
JEM. MY LOVE. xDDD

Not going to lie ....The reason ,I got into the clockwork angel series was because of JEM ON THE FRONT COVER OF THE SECONED BOOK HE"S SO HOT >////<

..... look at this

User Image

Move over jane austen cassa
ndra clare has your men beat

MMM.♥
Jemm, hell yess.

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 pm
After reading Clockwork Prince, I love both sweatdrop Jem is still amazing, but now Will is stepping up. I think the reason I didn't like Will all that much is because he was to much of a stereotype. Now, I love them both heart  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff