Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
??????????? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:51 pm
Question... well two of them, first off where does everyone get their maps from? and two, Would anyone like an rp like the Colosseum?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 pm
Coliseum was great

I draw most of my maps with GIMP. The best was when I had the Insider subscription and could lift them directly from the Wizards map gallery.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:39 pm
Arc Vembris
Coliseum was great

I draw most of my maps with GIMP. The best was when I had the Insider subscription and could lift them directly from the Wizards map gallery.
I do the same. aside from wizards' current map galleries, I also trolled their old gallery and used the googles to turn up pages like this. also i browse /tg/ on 4chan, and occasionally a map thread will come up, and i grab anything interesting from those. sometimes I take an existing map and just change it, the sewers from my first adventure in Have sword was a map i found for random dungeon complex, with waterways slapped on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 pm
I keep hearing people say they want to see Coliseum II, but then the individuals who say it disappear. So I work on it in spurts because of it.

You can even use my Coliseum subforum if you make one. I wouldn't mind competing.

Yes, I wouldn't mind competing in one.

I make my maps completely from scratch! 3nodding I use a really cranky old version of photoshop.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Lies.

I'm always here, Rain.

ALWAYS. >:{

...I also support any kind of organized and well thought out coliseum game.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 pm
Uh... you'd have to explain it to me.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm
Psychofish
Lies.

I'm always here, Rain.

ALWAYS. >:{
Kavaki watches you masturbate.

I should mention, I too eagerly await coliseum 2.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 pm
I don't know how well mine will compare to the original... as one it will be my first 4th edition game, and two I will try to run a second 3.5 version using a variant rule.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Uh... you'd have to explain it to me.
A coliseum game, basically you play the roman gladiators. Blood, sweet, and The roar of the crowd... blah... I will probably allow teams, like the first one, but you guys would face ether each other in combat or various monsters and npc  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:02 am
I'd be in.

I get my maps from a pdf of the various map tiles and just using pixlr to make them the way I want to.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 am
When I started working on Coliseum 2, it was this past summer, where we had a HUGE dip in activity. Its why I paused work on it, because I didn't think we'd have enough people for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:00 am
I'd be down for that. OH! What if each participant had a gladiator school (essentially, a pool of warriors to compete with)?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 am
Alright, I will run one. I will borrow the things Rain already has already made. With me being the Event BeHolder instead. If Rain at a point in time wants to run it again, I would hope we could co-dm it. Or run two different ones

I will also, add two rules.

If you don't post with in a week's time, and you don't give a reason prior to your disappearance. That round it will be as if you didn't move at all and the game will go on. If two weeks go by without any word from you, your character will be removed and your team will be forced to go on without you. If you DO post a reason, another Team member can temporary play your character.

And the initiative order will be taken on average. Whatever team has the higher average goes first.

I do this in hopes of keeping the game running and because sometimes I am pulled away from my internet connection on Thrusdays and don't return until Sunday.

Also, I am limiting the books too... Acceptable books: Player's Handbook 1, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3, Martial Power 1+2, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, Adventurer's Vault, Adventurer's Vault 2... Only because, those are the books I have and the store where I bought my books form... resently closed down sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Alright, I will run one. I will borrow the things Rain already has already made. With me being the Event BeHolder instead. If Rain at a point in time wants to run it again, I would hope we could co-dm it. Or run two different ones

If you don't post with in a week's time, and you don't give a reason prior to your disappearance. That round it will be as if you didn't move at all and the game will go on. If two weeks go by without any word from you, your character will be removed and your team will be forced to go on without you. If you DO post a reason, another Team member can temporary play your character.

And the initiative order will be taken on average. Whatever team has the higher average goes first.

I do this in hopes of keeping the game running and because sometimes I am pulled away from my internet connection on Thrusdays and don't return until Sunday.

Also, I am limiting the books too... Acceptable books: Player's Handbook 1, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3, Martial Power 1+2, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, Adventurer's Vault, Adventurer's Vault 2... Only because, those are the books I have and the store where I bought my books form... resently closed down sad

As a warning, I've seen some wacky stuff come out of AV2. Not so much on the Coliseum front, but in God Hunters, it makes me question allowing it sometimes.

I'll lock all my old threads and un-sticky them so you can create your own. My Coliseum 2 was going to run a LOT differently than the first one, so please, by all means, feel free to make your own rules/system for it. Coliseum 2 was going to be competitive co-op (rewards for each room, such as healing, gold to spend later, etc; but it has to be shared by everyone, so its your choice to venture into rooms solo, or to team up. You can part ways at any time, too).

In truth, I'd love to see someone else's take on the whole Coliseum angle, so I might get inspiration for ideas myself smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern_cross_nemesis

As a warning, I've seen some wacky stuff come out of AV2. Not so much on the Coliseum front, but in God Hunters, it makes me question allowing it sometimes.

I'll lock all my old threads and un-sticky them so you can create your own. My Coliseum 2 was going to run a LOT differently than the first one, so please, by all means, feel free to make your own rules/system for it. Coliseum 2 was going to be competitive co-op (rewards for each room, such as healing, gold to spend later, etc; but it has to be shared by everyone, so its your choice to venture into rooms solo, or to team up. You can part ways at any time, too).

In truth, I'd love to see someone else's take on the whole Coliseum angle, so I might get inspiration for ideas myself smile

I haven't really looked at the two AV's, most of the items look like they are for Epic and paragon level adventures. I might eliminate Them after reading though them, but at the moment they stay.

And alright, I am trying to work out a few ideas out in my own head before integrating them. (One of which is a bonus system for getting the massive blob of screaming mindless drows [the crowd] into the fight, like spending a round to get them to scream or cheer for your group... or against the others. I don't know what all I could do with it. I just know in sports, there was an additional rush from just hearing the crowd get into the game as well.) As I said this is my first game, and I want to try a lot of things out.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff