Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
"Auto-Bump" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:38 am
Orginal thread here. heart
------------------------------------------

&action_submit=true

That's the magic code that will make a quoted reply skip the entry form altogether, and go straight to the submission page that automatically re-directs to the thread.
What this does is eliminate those extra clicks and few seconds that it takes to bump someones tank. What this means, is that you can finally bump tanks instantly, and it makes it even easier for you to bump them BEFORE playing, so that tank has a whole extra minute to gain more players!

How It Works:

This little addition of code works as the extra click that it takes to submit the post. And doesn't take but a minute to set up. This is NOT for using in other people's threads. It can only be used in a link that YOU are creating.

[1] First, you have to visit the thread you wish to be bumped.

[2] Second, you have to leave a reply in that thread while on the account you'd like to be quoted.

[3] Next, you have to submit that reply, and let the re-direct screen bring you back to it in the thread.

[4] Click the "Quote" button of the post you just submitted, which will be your new Auto-Bumped quote.

[5] Copy the URL that appears in the address bar of that entry form.

[6] Add the code &action_submit=true to the end of the URL you previously copied.

[7] That new URL can be used to replace your previous bump link. Instead of it leading to the reply box, it'll now automatically submit the quoted text!

Mostly copy/pasted the original thread, just trimmed some of the "fat". ">w>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 am
Thank you VERY much for this! heart  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:50 am
I like this, but not sure I want to change my coding just cause you know gaia might get mad at us for doing this. Ha ha. No, but thanks for this and I'll change my coding one day....  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:27 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
Thank you VERY much for this! heart

You're welcome! ^w^ heart

ninjaboy1989
ninja

whee heart

azndreams
I like this, but not sure I want to change my coding just cause you know gaia might get mad at us for doing this. Ha ha. No, but thanks for this and I'll change my coding one day....

That's exactly what I'm paranoid about. XD Thus why I haven't changed my coding either... ^w^" But you're welcome. >w< heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm
Blood Pop

Yeah like I've seen a few guilds and threads in the aquarium subforum change over to this and I've seen it in sigs as well and as much as I want to help everyone out sometimes it makes me think if only certain things should be kept a secret you know. Kinda like how DM started out as a secret and no one would know about it except close friends and the owners who made it and then gaia wouldn't have had to shut it down since it reached the masses.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Biyanka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:54 pm
This sounds interesting but I don't have a decent fish tank as it is, and I'm strange/nervous about things like this gonk For the longest time I was afraid to install Greasemonkey because I thought I'd get banned gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:50 pm
azndreams
Blood Pop

Yeah like I've seen a few guilds and threads in the aquarium subforum change over to this and I've seen it in sigs as well and as much as I want to help everyone out sometimes it makes me think if only certain things should be kept a secret you know. Kinda like how DM started out as a secret and no one would know about it except close friends and the owners who made it and then gaia wouldn't have had to shut it down since it reached the masses.

Oh yeah, that's true. sweatdrop From what I've seen, it seems like lots of people are also iffy about using the auto-bump. I'm worried about it being considered botting since it's sort of like the LastPass add-on some vendors are using, where it completely skips the confirm page to buy items. And it's been confirmed that using LastPass can/will get you banned for botting. And this "auto-bump" totally skips the submit page. "> >
I start too many sentences with "and"... TwT""

Biyanka
This sounds interesting but I don't have a decent fish tank as it is, and I'm strange/nervous about things like this gonk For the longest time I was afraid to install Greasemonkey because I thought I'd get banned gonk

Same here. emo I have installed Greasemonkey, but I've never used it. ^w^"" I don't even let Awesome's analyzer open up my glow thread for me... I'm just that paranoid. "> >  

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:07 pm
Blood Pop

Ha ha about the small text. I think it could be a bad thing because remember gaia has said they didn't intend for BG to be as great of a cash cow as it has been. Hence why they have been tweaking it like crazy and also they don't like when you have one thread and it has multiple tanks in the first post. Because then that defeats the whole hunting for tanks because they are all there in one place. It's going against what gaia wants from BG and how they want it to be played. Still though if gaia doesn't like it then they really need to put out some rules about it or something in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 pm
azndreams
Blood Pop

Ha ha about the small text. I think it could be a bad thing because remember gaia has said they didn't intend for BG to be as great of a cash cow as it has been. Hence why they have been tweaking it like crazy and also they don't like when you have one thread and it has multiple tanks in the first post. Because then that defeats the whole hunting for tanks because they are all there in one place. It's going against what gaia wants from BG and how they want it to be played. Still though if gaia doesn't like it then they really need to put out some rules about it or something in my opinion.
If they didn't want BG to be a big source for gold then they should not have made high trigger fish or fish that drop a decent amount of gold.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:58 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

True, but I think they honestly didn't think people would spend all day long playing like they have been. Just like they had said with zOMG they didn't think people would waste away 8hrs a day farming it over and over to make millions in just one day.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 pm
azndreams
They should have learned and they gave people insentive to play by making the high trigger and high drop fish.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Very true. They need to understand alot of these people are kids who have nothing better to do with there weekends, but waste away on the computer or nerds who have nothing better to do than play online games. I mean I have 2 days off work and I'm spending it online playing games and building my gaia account up. So yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:17 pm
azndreams
I totally would be doing that if I had a computer crying Damn it laptop why'd you have to go stupid on me?

But atleast I know what I need to do ^.^ But I has no monies. Oh well. I got my financial aid worked out (finally) and dependin on what the doctor says about my shoulder I'll be settling with the insurance company finally so I'll have that money so hopefully I can replace my iPod AND get a new laptop. Though I've been thinking about replacin my iPod with and iPad if I can.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:21 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Honestly I would go with a laptop first over the iPad just because you can do more with the laptop than with the iPad. Also you can have all these cooler attachments. Also you can find some really decent laptops now. I bought my dad a brand new one with a 500GB Hard drive and 8GB of Memory for only $300. So not bad at all.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff