Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Please help with this... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:54 pm
Ok, so I'm 20, and I'm in college, I go to University of Michigan and heres my problem. I'll skip you the problem that cause this because it would take 20 minutes to read. I am gay and I'm currently in a relationship with my dorm mate, I'm still christian so try not to say I'm going to hell, because I get enough of that in real life. My dad found out I was gay and drove 270 miles to yell at me, but whoever he found this out from, neglected to tell him I was dating my roomate. My dad gets there, starts yelling at me, telling me I will go to hell, and about 5 minutes into it my roomate came back from a class, and politely asked my dad why he was yeling at me. My dad told him it was none of his buisness, my boyfriend told him it was and that he was dating me. My dad directed his full attention to yelling at my boyfriend, and it got to the point where they were going to actually fight eachother. I got in front of my dad telling him to get out before I had security throw him out. He left, then I got in a fight with my boyfriend, in the middle of the arguement I left. I went to a hotel and spent the night there. When I woke up, I decided to go to one of the churches. Said some prayers and cryed a bit, the priest asked me what was wrong, and I told him the whole story. Fortuanatley, he didn't judge me, asked how I thought my boyfriend and my dad felt right now. I told him I thought they were both scared. He told me He would contact my father and he would let us talk together, but he would stay there to keep things from getting out of hand, then he told me to go and forgive my boyfriend before he does something that could get him hurt. I've fortuanatley saced my relationship with my boyfriend, but I still haven't heard back from the priest I talked to. I'm really hoping I can save face with my father because I do still love him. I was thinking wether or not should call him myself. If anyone could help or just give advice to what I should do next, please do.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 pm
My advice to you is to break up with your boyfriend and repent of your sins and examine yourself. God would never allow his children to play in sin too long without doing something about it. If God does not make you repent of your sins then you where never his child and therefore you never belonged to him and the WRATH of GOD ALMIGHTY still abids on YOU! and that means you were NEVER saved and therefore you need to repent of your sins and believe on the LORD Jesus and be saved! You call yourself a Christian and yet you willfully engage in sinful things have you not read Hebrews 10:26

Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

and Luke 13

Luke 13:3
I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish

Luke 13:5
I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish

I know you don't want to hear it but I can't let you get away with thinking you're still a Christian and yet you live like GOD never gave you a law to obey!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKRA6XcsDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo

Remember Jesus said; “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ (Matthew 7:21-23)  

starry night-163

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:59 pm
Look, the issue is not my homosexuality, please steer away from that topic, I do not need another lecture. I do not believe my homosexuality is what will keep my out of heaven, and I believe that if I'm a good person and have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior that I will still go to heaven, which I am and have, so please spare the lecture, I'm not changing that. I just need help with repairing the relationship with my father whom I still care about. But if we are going to get on the subject of Gods laws we have broken, which we all have and we know it since we are only human and thats why we must accept god. It's not like I could tell someone they were going to hell soley because of a "wrong" decision they have made.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm
_BrighterShadows_
Look, the issue is not my homosexuality, please steer away from that topic, I do not need another lecture. I do not believe my homosexuality is what will keep my out of heaven, and I believe that if I'm a good person and have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior that I will still go to heaven, which I am and have, so please spare the lecture, I'm not changing that. I just need help with repairing the relationship with my father whom I still care about.

You can't get to heaven by being "Good" after all God said that all your righteous deeds are like filthy rags before him(Isaiah 64:6) and even mary who was "Good" and found favour with God called Jesus her savior "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." (Luke 1:47) and the bible even

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

So if you are saved by grace and not of your works then what can offer God? If even your good deeds are like filthy rags before God then what are you going to give him? and it seems to me that you even deny the Bible as it even testifies against you,

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

You need to do more than accept Jesus as your savior, you need to repent as it says in the bible

Mark 1:15
and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Don't believe me, believe the WORD OF GOD. If you don't believe me then seek God on that matter because it's better to ask for help from God then to spend an eternity in Hell because you were ignorant and did not seek God on the matter of salvation. God has promised to reveal himself to you if you seek him and promised to give if you ask(but let's be reasonable he's not gonna give you something that is not good for you even though you want it). (Matthew 7:7-11, Luke 11:9-13)

I only tell you this because I care about you smile

as for what you're seeking advice on, seek God on that matter only he can help you, so spend time in prayer with God smile  

starry night-163

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:43 pm
starry night-163
_BrighterShadows_
Look, the issue is not my homosexuality, please steer away from that topic, I do not need another lecture. I do not believe my homosexuality is what will keep my out of heaven, and I believe that if I'm a good person and have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior that I will still go to heaven, which I am and have, so please spare the lecture, I'm not changing that. I just need help with repairing the relationship with my father whom I still care about.

You can't get to heaven by being "Good" after all God said that all your righteous deeds are like filthy rags before him(Isaiah 64:6) and even mary who was "Good" and found favour with God called Jesus her savior "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." (Luke 1:47) and the bible even

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

So if you are saved by grace and not of your works then what can offer God? If even your good deeds are like filthy rags before God then what are you going to give him? and it seems to me that you even deny the Bible as it even testifies against you,

You need to do more than accept Jesus as your savior, you need to repent as it says in the bible

and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Don't believe me, believe the WORD OF GOD. If you don't believe me then seek God on that matter because it's better to ask for help from God then to spend an eternity in Hell because you were ignorant and did not seek God on the matter of salvation. God has promised to reveal himself to you if you seek him and promised to give if you ask(but let's be reasonable he's not gonna give you something that is not good for you even though you want it). (Matthew 7:7-11, Luke 11:9-13)

as for what you're seeking advice on, seek God on that matter only he can help you, so spend time in prayer with God smile

Thank you for wanting to help, but there is nothing that needs to be helped with concerning my sexuality, so drop it. I just want some help from other christians concerning my relationship with my father. I didn't join to be "changed", in fact, that was the least of my worrys. So please don't judge me for that (and it says so in the rules of this forum) and give me ideas or help on how I can save face with my father.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm
_BrighterShadows_

I am so sorry to read what happened to you! I hope you are alright...
Coming out is definitely not easy, especially if it was not your choice.

Personally, I would call the priest or go back to the church and find him.
He would be a good mediator between you, your boyfriend and your father.
Plus it will help having an outside party member to be there and keep everyone in check.
The priest could also keep your father's rage in line as well.

The main thing to understand is that you`ve known that you were gay so this isn`t new to you.
However it is new to your father and has probably thrown him through a loop and he is questioning so much right now.
Let him go through his feelings and seek help from this priest.

After that the chips will fall where they may, he could come around immediately, in time or never but at least you came clean, said your piece and will have peace in your heart.

I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you, your boyfriend and father. heart
I want this story to have a happy ending so keep us updated please! 4laugh

On a different note, if the priest idea doesn`t follow through try picking out a counselor who has experience in this type of matter, or try a different church.
I hope this has helped you in some way.

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

starry night-163

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 pm
_BrighterShadows_
starry night-163
_BrighterShadows_

Thank you for wanting to help, but there is nothing that needs to be helped with concerning my sexuality, so drop it. I just want some help from other christians concerning my relationship with my father. I didn't join to be "changed", in fact, that was the least of my worrys. So please don't judge me for that (and it says so in the rules of this forum) and give me ideas or help on how I can save face with my father.

I'm not judging I'm mearly telling you what's stated in the bible, you've already been judged by God, not me and I told you pray about it because I got no Idea what to say to be honest.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 pm
d i m i r h e x
_BrighterShadows_

I am so sorry to read what happened to you! I hope you are alright...
Coming out is definitely not easy, especially if it was not your choice.

Personally, I would call the priest or go back to the church and find him.
He would be a good mediator between you, your boyfriend and your father.
Plus it will help having an outside party member to be there and keep everyone in check.
The priest could also keep your father's rage in line as well.

The main thing to understand is that you`ve known that you were gay so this isn`t new to you.
However it is new to your father and has probably thrown him through a loop and he is questioning so much right now.
Let him go through his feelings and seek help from this priest.

After that the chips will fall where they may, he could come around immediately, in time or never but at least you came clean, said your piece and will have peace in your heart.

I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you, your boyfriend and father. heart
I want this story to have a happy ending so keep us updated please! 4laugh

On a different note, if the priest idea doesn`t follow through try picking out a counselor who has experience in this type of matter, or try a different church.
I hope this has helped you in some way.

Thanks for not judging me about this, and I will keep you updated on how this unfolds. I can understand why my dad is surprised, he manages oil fields in Alaska, so surprises aren't met in a very kind way from him. And some great news is, I did here back from the priest I talked to, he says it will take a little more convincing or time before he can get my father to talk with me about this.  

_BrighterShadows_

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm
starry night-163
_BrighterShadows_
starry night-163
_BrighterShadows_

I'm not judging I'm mearly telling you what's stated in the bible, you've already been judged by God, not me and I told you pray about it because I got no Idea what to say to be honest.

And as for you, I want you to drop my sexuality as an "issue". It's not, so please if you would like to "change" other gays like me, do it somewhere else because it will not work on me. I've made my decision long ago that this is how I will live my life, and not you, not my father, and not anyone else can change because its my choice. So please, get off this topic if all your going to do is lecture me like my father did, and are not going to help me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:35 pm
_BrighterShadows_

You are welcome!

That is great to read that the Priest is trying and has a line of communication with your dad going...
Even if it is just a short line.

Hopefully in time the Priest will be able to get the three of you into a room together.
Your dad seems like a rough-neck type of man if he works in the oil fields of Alaska.
This situation must be hard on all of you.

I pray that you can come through adversity and build a stronger bond with your father over this.
This situation is not going to be easy but it can still be conquered!

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:53 pm
d i m i r h e x
_BrighterShadows_

You are welcome!

That is great to read that the Priest is trying and has a line of communication with your dad going...
Even if it is just a short line.

Hopefully in time the Priest will be able to get the three of you into a room together.
Your dad seems like a rough-neck type of man if he works in the oil fields of Alaska.
This situation must be hard on all of you.

I pray that you can come through adversity and build a stronger bond with your father over this.
This situation is not going to be easy but it can still be conquered!

The priest said my dad is considering it, but it will take time. But yes, my dad is a very roughneck type, which is why I think he couldn't believe it when he heard. I just think he doesent want to accept that my boyfriend is someone who makes me happy, because I know he doesen't want to accept that he wasn't there for me for a lot of my childhood, his job meant he had to be gone 9 out of 12 months a year. So I think he realizes the reason I'm gay is the lack of male role model or something along those lines.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm
_BrighterShadows_

At least your dad is considering it...
If you guys are able to sit down and talk about this a lot will come out,
I am sure the two of you will have a lot staring back in your faces.

One thing that helps me when I am going through a stressful situation is I pray to God,
asking for his wisdom and understanding, to draw strength from him and to have peace before and after whatever I go through.
It comforts me, maybe it could bring some comfort to you too?

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:07 pm
d i m i r h e x
_BrighterShadows_

At least your dad is considering it...
If you guys are able to sit down and talk about this a lot will come out,
I am sure the two of you will have a lot staring back in your faces.

One thing that helps me when I am going through a stressful situation is I pray to God,
asking for his wisdom and understanding, to draw strength from him and to have peace before and after whatever I go through.
It comforts me, maybe it could bring some comfort to you too?

I have been praying, and will continue too. It does help, even if it's only to make me feel better. But yes, I know we both have a lot to think about. And I do feel bad for my boyfriend having to be caught up in all this. But he's helping me through it too the best of his ability.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:31 pm
_BrighterShadows_

I know! I could only imagine how your boyfriend is feeling right now.
But it shows how much he loves you, that he is sticking by you through this difficult time and wants to be there for you.

How is he handling this whole situation right now?

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

_BrighterShadows_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:42 pm
d i m i r h e x
_BrighterShadows_

I know! I could only imagine how your boyfriend is feeling right now.
But it shows how much he loves you, that he is sticking by you through this difficult time and wants to be there for you.

How is he handling this whole situation right now?

He's taking it alright, he was shaken by the fact that I got in a fight and left him. I came back and he had been at his desk drinking and crying for me the whole night. But he does his best to comfort me now, we had a pretty tense talk when I came back, he told me that he thought he lost me for good. I felt bad when I got back, but now he's helping me through this. He's kept me afloat through some tough times, but nothing quite of this scale.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff