Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D:4e] The Monster Hunters///Recruiting [7/7] FULL!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 am
So, seeing as I now have a program that I can write maps on, I'm thinking about starting up a new game.

You are all well known Monster Hunters; at least in your homeland of Gaerynda. Your group have been together for a fair few years now and in that time have defeated many creatures that plagued your homeland. Including (but not limited too) the Basilisk of Tillon, the Hydra of Vaeran, Turanzataeous the Dread Wyrm, the Medusa of Wyraull and Heliogab the Mummy Lord.

Some of you may fight these creatures for the challenge. Some of you may fight them for the treasure they guard. Some of you may fight them for the bounty offered for their heads. Or there may be a different reason. All that is sure is that you fight them, and you will probably do so until the day you die (at the hands or claws or mouth or tail or breath of another legendary creature).

It's strange though....some of you are only a couple of decades old, and in your youth you don't remember the world being this overrun with powerful creatures. It's only been recently that this has happened. Is something....or someone stirring these beasts up? Trying to use them for some other means? Maybe there can be more to you work than there is at the moment....

So there we go. Despite the name, this won't be a game of just endless legendary fights, it will be a proper fleshed out campaign with lot's of roleplaying and everything I love about DnD.... including epic fights against legendary creatures! There just so happens to also be an over-arcing story.

Mechanics
- Start at Level 8.
- Standard 22 point buy (obviously with bonuses at level 4 and 8 ).
- Standard equipment: Level 7 item, level 8 item, level 9 item and 2600gp to spend.
- Backgrounds as well please. Doesn't have to be a novel, but at least a few things, especially why you are in the business of hunting big bad assed monsters.
- If you keep up to date with Wizards stuff and use the new characterer builder/have the newest books, feel free to use Themes, in fact I encourage using them if you know about them.
- You can pretty much use any source. So any race/class etc. goes. Although I don't think evil characters would work too well, as in most normal campaigns.
- Link character her from Mythweavers or TangledWeb sheet, or anything else.
EDIT: The '5' players I want is just a guess, 3 or 4 would work too, and I wouldn't mind having 6. It just depends on interest.

Confirmed:
1.SporkMaster5000; Kugon
2. Snuff that Muffin; Lina Nalaar
3. KytanaTheThief; Kizerin
4. Arc Vembris; Anise Bloodmoon
5. Southern Cross Nemesis; Quinn
6. Dion Necurat;
7. SuicideSoldier#1;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 am
Straight-up monster-killing? I'm down.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am
This is like heaven.

Count me in, I'm down.

I've got every 4E book there is, ironically, except for the third book, but I've got it all memorized none the less.

4E is like my favorite.

It's awesome! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:06 am
Dion Necurat

No, it's not straight up monster killing sweatdrop There will be that, for sure. But don't expect it to be just monster killing. I will emphasized the roleplay a lot as well, as in all my games IRL and PBP.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 am
NayrVentess
Dion Necurat

No, it's not straight up monster killing sweatdrop There will be that, for sure. But don't expect it to be just monster killing. I will emphasized the roleplay a lot as well, as in all my games IRL and PBP.

Awwww...

Oh well, still plenty of things for my rogue to kill. I'll post a link from Myth-weavers as soon as I have time to fill out the form.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 am
mind if i join?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:39 pm
I've got a gnome fighter i want to give a spin that rain won't let in his games, count me in.

Dunno about these themes though, wizards kinda went nuts on some of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm
Snuff that Muffin
mind if i join?

Of course not! mrgreen

SporkMaster5000
I've got a gnome fighter i want to give a spin that rain won't let in his games, count me in.

I know, they are a bit crazy. I really like them though, anything that gives me (if I'm a PC) more stuff to do is good!

Why won't Rain let the gnome fighter in his games?  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:48 pm
NayrVentess
Snuff that Muffin
mind if i join?

Of course not! mrgreen

SporkMaster5000

I know, they are a bit crazy. I really like them though, anything that gives me (if I'm a PC) more stuff to do is good!

Probably a game-breaker.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:01 pm
sweet!
I'll have my sheet up later today...
Half Elf Wizard, unaligned pyro...fun times  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 pm
NayrVentess
Snuff that Muffin
mind if i join?

Of course not! mrgreen

SporkMaster5000

because he doesn't have DDI and is wary of mixing in essentials stuff (which i don't blame him for)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm
it will be my first official game in 4th.... but can I join?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40 pm
Lina Nalaar

The background isnt filled in, but everything else is written. I'll start writing personality and stuff soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm
I'm kind of a glutton for games, but I guess you gotta join a lot if you consider how many die off

I've got a concept I've been nursing since 3e that I'd love to use  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:10 pm
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
Snuff that Muffin
mind if i join?

Of course not! mrgreen

SporkMaster5000

because he doesn't have DDI and is wary of mixing in essentials stuff (which i don't blame him for)

Ah. Well now I feel bad. sweatdrop  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces