Welcome to Gaia! ::

◄▌ Dark Waters ▐►

Back to Guilds

Primarily a Booty Grab guild, with a little bit of everything else as well. ;) 

Tags: Gold, Dark, Waters, Booty, Grab 

Reply [Dark Waters] Community
New Play/Analyze/Bump Buttons? Opinions Please!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New Buttons?
  Big Buttons
  Set #1
  Set #2
  Set #3
  Set #4
  Set #5
  Set #6
  Set #7
  Set #8
  None, naked ftw.
View Results

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 pm
*I Need Your Opinions!*

I've been wanting to switch from the traditional

"Direct Link -||- Analyze -||- Bump"

to

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

since they match the scheme of all the other banners and such. I have em made, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary, because I'd have to go through EVERY tank, and change each link to include these new image codes. I don't mind it, in fact I think it'd look kind of sexy, but if everyone likes it the way it is, I won't bother changing anything.

This is what each tank's entry would look like if I DID add the new buttons:

heart DarkErotica heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

blaugh And then there was MORE!! blaugh
If you like any of these sets, please indicate the set numbers in your reply!

Set #1
User Image User Image User Image

Set #2

Set #3

Set #4

Set #5

Set #6

Set #7

Set #8

Please leave me your opinions. I even have the poll up top so you don't necessarily have to leave an actual reply.
I appreciate all your input and/or suggestions!
Remember, any suggestions other than this specific matter, can be posted in the [Suggestion Box] sticky.

heart DE heart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:16 am
I definitely think it looks cool :3 but it's not something I really need. If you want to do it, then go ahead! I'm not opposed~  

now at general button

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 am
queen fap
I definitely think it looks cool :3 but it's not something I really need. If you want to do it, then go ahead! I'm not opposed~

Thanks for your input! I'm planning on making a couple other sets to choose from, probably a little smaller height-wise. But still, thanks for your input! If you could please vote at the top also, it'd make the tally easier to distinguish.
heart DE heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

Receiving transmission...

It's pretty and I like it but I don't think it'll be all that useful. And all it means is it's going to take longer for links load because the links are pictures. Not only that but I think most users have images off unless awesomelocity's timed glow.

...End of Transmission

Neurotiic Kitty

Reve Casse

Reve Casse

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 am
Looking good hun but don't you go making more work for yourself. We are all used to just having the words. Soooo..... I guess it's up to you...is what I am saying. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:25 pm
I'm with the others, DE, they look Awesome - but no need to cause extra work on you - I love your guild just as it is ^-^ They do look sexy haha heart

You really put a lot of work into this Guild - and saw you at Sparkling Water - glad you are there!! Wish you would join the Mystic's Bumpaholics Guild where I am crew in - most are overlapping peeps anyway - and I just go from one to the other when I'm bumping and grabbing - trying to use a banner for each guild BUT if I don't have time, then hearts or emotes!!

heart

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:51 pm
BrilliantBlueStar
I'm with the others, DE, they look Awesome - but no need to cause extra work on you - I love your guild just as it is ^-^ They do look sexy haha heart

You really put a lot of work into this Guild - and saw you at Sparkling Water - glad you are there!! Wish you would join the Mystic's Bumpaholics Guild where I am crew in - most are overlapping peeps anyway - and I just go from one to the other when I'm bumping and grabbing - trying to use a banner for each guild BUT if I don't have time, then hearts or emotes!!

heart

On 2nd thought, the blue links do help stand out from the Glowing umbrella above them - maybe it might look better without the buttons or at least maybe a different color or style of button - I don't know - It's really up to you, and if you want to keep the color scheme with black and white, then my 2nd suggestion of a different color wouldn't work - unless it was the white background with black lettering. Okay, yes, I just brainstormed off the cuff lol Good Luck!!! Back to BGing : )  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:16 pm
BrilliantBlueStar

heart

I did join both of the Mystic's guilds, the Bumpaholics AND the Bootyholics. However I didn't submit my tanks because posting 3 times kind of confuses me. I really don't see the purpose, or how I'm exactly supposed to be doing this, so I never bothered. >.< Is there a reason for that?  

DarkErotica
Captain

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 pm
BrilliantBlueStar
On 2nd thought, the blue links do help stand out from the Glowing umbrella above them - maybe it might look better without the buttons or at least maybe a different color or style of button - I don't know - It's really up to you, and if you want to keep the color scheme with black and white, then my 2nd suggestion of a different color wouldn't work - unless it was the white background with black lettering. Okay, yes, I just brainstormed off the cuff lol Good Luck!!! Back to BGing : )

Also, on that note, I've been thinking the same thing myself. Possibly smaller, but more distinguishable buttons, would work a lot nicer. Only reason I'm asking people this to begin with, is I've ALWAYS used buttons to clothe my links. No matter what project it is. I've always hated naked links. And I'm not sure if BBCode supports a mouseover function, but if it did, all my buttons would have a mouseover image also. The buttons seem to load faster than the analyzer images, so I don't really see loading times to be an issue when each image is less than 4kb. razz Either way, thanks for the input! And buttons wouldn't be involved until my workload wittles down anyway. I have enough on my plate right now as it is.

heart DE heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:32 pm
DarkErotica
BrilliantBlueStar

heart

I did join both of the Mystic's guilds, the Bumpaholics AND the Bootyholics. However I didn't submit my tanks because posting 3 times kind of confuses me. I really don't see the purpose, or how I'm exactly supposed to be doing this, so I never bothered. >.< Is there a reason for that?

Yes, you have a lot on your plate and I don't believe anyone is going to be hurting for those buttons - but they are nice heart You take your time!!! Your buttons and banners look great!! I actually enjoy making them myself : )

Yes, there is a reason, but since I'm crew in both, I'll take care of it. The reason is, for low-lag pages. If everyone posts 3 times, then crew deletes the 1st 2 posts (not the last or the tank doesn't show up - only in guilds), then we have less tanks and signatures loading on one page. If some do and some don't delete 2 of their posts, the crew doesn't know who did and who didn't - that is why they left it up to the crew to do the deleting. So, if you did post a tank, then I will go ahead and post 2 more times and delete them myself - don't do it after seeing this or there will be too many posts deleted.

I hope this makes sense!! heart

Now go and relax and take it easy!! smile

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm
BrilliantBlueStar
Yes, there is a reason, but since I'm crew in both, I'll take care of it. The reason is, for low-lag pages. If everyone posts 3 times, then crew deletes the 1st 2 posts (not the last or the tank doesn't show up - only in guilds), then we have less tanks and signatures loading on one page. If some do and some don't delete 2 of their posts, the crew doesn't know who did and who didn't - that is why they left it up to the crew to do the deleting. So, if you did post a tank, then I will go ahead and post 2 more times and delete them myself - don't do it after seeing this or there will be too many posts deleted.

I suppose that makes sense. And I should probably thumb through there before asking this like a DooMas, but do those guilds not host structured sections? Or do they run it like a stalker thread, where people post their own tanks?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm
DarkErotica
BrilliantBlueStar

I suppose that makes sense. And I should probably thumb through there before asking this like a DooMas, but do those guilds not host structured sections? Or do they run it like a stalker thread, where people post their own tanks?

Well, to be honest, Mystic's Bootyholics has been around longer then the Mystic's Bumpaholics and I do not know a whole lot about the Bootyholics portion but they have both made a Main Forum Guild Library. If you look in Bootyholics, they once had sub-forums sectioned out by types of fishies but BG has changed in the past few months. If you are new, then you may not have noticed the changes as much as "we" have.

So, your tank is supposed to be in the Main Forum Guild Library but I didn't see where you posted. Do you have a tank? I've noticed in this guild, you don't have one - or maybe just in some of the diverse threads. I'm guessing, since you keep people's glowing, bumps, and direct links in the sections, that you have turned off tanks in the threads. Makes sense!! Bumpaholics is going to turn off signatures in the Main Forum Guild Library one day. They have had some vacation time and I've just been helping out when people join and post their tanks, I format it and have it ready for them when they get back full time. Then, they can turn the signatures off. : )

Due to changes to BG, they may do a make-over to Bootyholics and I'm not sure about Bumpaholics. BG changes, have had a lot of people do some different stuff - like total strike, some fishies in their tanks on weekends only, and I think one of the guilds had one tank remark that fishies in only at night. So, not knowing what the developer Panagrammic is planning to do after he collects his data, we are all on pins and needles as to what changes to make - if any.

Hope this makes sense!!  

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm
BrilliantBlueStar
Well, to be honest, Mystic's Bootyholics has been around longer then the Mystic's Bumpaholics and I do not know a whole lot about the Bootyholics portion but they have both made a Main Forum Guild Library. If you look in Bootyholics, they once had sub-forums sectioned out by types of fishies but BG has changed in the past few months. If you are new, then you may not have noticed the changes as much as "we" have.

So, your tank is supposed to be in the Main Forum Guild Library but I didn't see where you posted. Do you have a tank? I've noticed in this guild, you don't have one - or maybe just in some of the diverse threads. I'm guessing, since you keep people's glowing, bumps, and direct links in the sections, that you have turned off tanks in the threads. Makes sense!! Bumpaholics is going to turn off signatures in the Main Forum Guild Library one day. They have had some vacation time and I've just been helping out when people join and post their tanks, I format it and have it ready for them when they get back full time. Then, they can turn the signatures off. : )

Due to changes to BG, they may do a make-over to Bootyholics and I'm not sure about Bumpaholics. BG changes, have had a lot of people do some different stuff - like total strike, some fishies in their tanks on weekends only, and I think one of the guilds had one tank remark that fishies in only at night. So, not knowing what the developer Panagrammic is planning to do after he collects his data, we are all on pins and needles as to what changes to make - if any.

Hope this makes sense!!

Yeah, I haven't posted my tank in there at all yet, which is probably why you couldn't find it. wink I'll do that as soon as I'm done writing this, and I'll let you know afterwards so you can do your magic.

I also don't have signatures disabled or anything. Like, I do in my own preferences, but I don't know how to do that in the guild itself, if I'm understanding that correctly. I've only been on gaia for what... mayyybe a little over 2 months or something? So yeah, I don't know anything about the changes that were made before that. However I hear that they upset quite a few people.

I just copy and paste my "stencil" as I call it, and just insert the individual's tank info (link, ID, bump thread). That way it's never necessary to have other people post, I never have to worry about them posting more than once and taking up space, I never have to worry about them posting an incorrect link, or giving me migraines with silly flashing images... >.> Lmao <3 I prefer the structured lists over the individual posts so much, but that's also just me. It's a little more work to have to add tanks myself rather than just let people have at it, but I find it's very much worth it in the long run when you have a beautiful, structured setup that's easy to navigate, and easy to moderate.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm
They look really good, you've really done well with them! smile  

momo the peachy

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm
momo the peachy
They look really good, you've really done well with them! smile

Thanks! biggrin I've been thinking of adding color, but right now I'm attempting to stick with the black and white motif. razz  
[Dark Waters] Community

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff