Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:15 am
Well Seph's at it again, this time with a slightly different idea. Clearly previous died out (granted, it was a fairly short campaign for what I originally planned... but not that short). This time it'll deal with the Star Wars-verse!
But what era? You ask. To which I answer
Months after the rise of the Empire. Order 66 and the Clone Wars is a very recent and vivid memory in many beings.

Next you're probably going to ask "Why then? what's the hook?"
My answer?
It's in the opening crawl!

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
Episode I
The Traitor's Gambit

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has spread from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere the Empire’s tyranny can be felt.

Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal. Known to be a vocal opponent of the Empire, Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy.

In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can reach the Senator, the Empire has alerted its forces on Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on, and the first sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .

But the good Senator has not reached out to this group yet. This group is but a rag-tag group whom, for whatever reason have found themselve on the Sel Zonn Station, a pit stop for rest, relaxation, and maybe some socialization.

As for the crunch?
Level: 1
Stats: 32 point buy
Races allowed: All are available, except the races that are either extinct by ~15 BBY, or have not been encountered yet.
Classes allowed: I will let anything pass, except for Jedis. Being that Order 66 and the following Great Jedi Purge, most if not all Jedi are in hiding, or are dead.
I shall let there be only one Jedi in the group, and only if they sufficiently explain on why they're still around after these events.
Wealth: As class, rolled.
Any source used outside of the core must be cited on your character page some how.

I'm looking for 4~6 players, and possibly a subforum if I can have one?
This'll be a campaign that spans from level 1 to level 20. So those joining be prepared for the long haul.
For any and all applicants looking to join the game, I wish to request a friend's request, that way I may send a mass PM if need be. To either bug whomever is missing, or send out note to those whom need it specifically.

-Niknik - Raganui
-Lorn Kawl - Mongooseh
-Jaboo - KVL
-Garne
-Mir Eshke Disiple of Sakura
-Xylee Shindra - Dallas Moonrain
-Talyn Kyshin - Dan
-Lowookar - Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:28 am
I'm kind of interested, honestly. While I'm already playing a Jedi in one game, I wouldn't mind grabbing the single "Jedi" slot if no one else is desperate. My basic approach would be a non-human who was a very young Padawan during the Clone Wars, but who actually became one of the "lost" Jedi, falling from the path and likely progressing primarily through Soldier or Scout or something. I like Force users, but the only way to really do it at first level is to have two feats - one for Force Sensitive, one for Force Training, and only humans and Jedi can pull that off, as far as I know.

On the other hand, I've got a vague idea for a soldier who is, in fact, a rogue clone trooper, who basically defected shortly after the beginning of his service. He'd have to keep his face concealed, but he could be interesting.

Those are two of the character ideas I've got floating around in my head at the moment. I may come up with something different at any time. Heh.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 am
I once convinced someone to play a gonk droid. He instead made an assasin droid which could become a gonk droid as a disguise.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:46 pm
Seph, I'm so in. I was in your last attempt to run this, I believe. Not sure what I'll do, unless I can try my jedi again. Throwing people around with Force Powers was fun, when I could do it secretly.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm
Awesome! You're still around, Raganui!

Mon:
Cool story, but any ideas for this for you?

Sakura:
Miraluka also come to mind.
But can I get a more fleshed out idea from there?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm
Seph Baelzara
Awesome! You're still around, Raganui!

Mon:
Cool story, but any ideas for this for you?

Sakura:
Miraluka also come to mind.
But can I get a more fleshed out idea from there?

It is a system I wanted to try out... Is there a certain edition? I will acquire a copy and check it out.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 pm
I love Star Wars. I consider myself a Star Wars geek. Is there any room for me or am I too notorious?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:22 pm
Mongooseh
It is a system I wanted to try out... Is there a certain edition? I will acquire a copy and check it out.

Saga Edition
It's out of print because WotC lost the license. But you can get the books fairly easily. And there'll never be another book made for this system, so once you have them all, your collection will be forever complete.

Keith:
I haven't gotten a single character sheet, all slots are still open.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:07 pm
I would jump on a revised edition game, that being the one I went and bought for no clear reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 pm
... Revised, Arc?

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 pm
So, 32 point buy? Is that correct?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:54 pm
That would be correct.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm
I'm curious on what Sakura is going to do. I'm not sure myself. May look into making a verpine something or other.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm
I've been looking over the Miraluka a bit, though I know nothing about them aside from their KotR Campaign Guide entry. Contemplating a Miraluka darksider, though that would be similar-ish to one of my previous SAGA characters, a human child darksider who was a lot of fun to play but the campaign died when the DM had to move out of town. Might be a decent opportunity to resume such a concept.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 pm
Oh! Speaking of the Dark Side, I've no qualms with it, or evil characters, as long as y'all work with the group and aren't stupid evil.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff