Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5e Recruitment] The Festival of 1,000 Hearts Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 am
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

This was inspired by the Archery Contest in the Robin Hood stories, The Alabaster Cup in the Complete Warrior supplement, The Olympics, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Octopussy, The Fifth Element, A Knight's Tale, and many, many more. I wanted to run a story of friendly competition as well as a fair amount of intrigue. I'll still be operating my other campaigns that I'm running, and if you guys make sure to post here, I'll make sure you see this until the end.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The kingdom-renown Festival of 1,000 hearts has finally arrived! Once, every 50 years, the kingdom of Garrethia celebrates this momentous occasion as Noblemen and Guildmasters of every stripe gather together to participate in the plethora of events, in memory of an ancient hero who established their lands in an event known as the Companion's Treaty, as well as to commemorate those who were lost in its establishment.

This war was said to have united all of the inhabitants of Garrethia, who were merely scattered tribes, intrepid adventurers, and roving monsters at the time. This Hero, King Garret the Compassionate, sought to unite these people to use for his own personal army, initiating a bloody event known as the Unification Wars. But, as the violence continued, Garret began to feel remorse at the loss of so many useful souls, man and monster alike as his soldiers fought and killed those they knew.

In a change of heart brought on by various members of his army, King Garret decided to try a different approach. Gathering representatives from across the land, Garret began a seventeen-day diplomatic negotiation. It was then his title of "The Compassionate" came into being, when he rolled TWO natural 20's on his diplomacy check and convinced the future land of Garrethia that he was a benevolent leader.

In events he had not foreseen, Garret married a beautiful girl from the land, and eventually grew fond of his people. Though he would still use them as warriors, he soon grew to truly care for his people, beyond an asset.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

The Festival of 1,000 hearts is an amalgam of various games, both competitive and relaxed. With the finest alcohol, food, and wares of the kingdom on sale, adventurers and travelers from across the kingdom journey here to live life to the fullest for the seventeen days of the festival.

In addition to what a man may buy, various games and sports offer prizes to the winner. Be it an impressive dagger for striking a bullseye at a knife throwing game, to a valuable trophy for winning a foot race, if a man seeks a prize, he shall claim it.

But, one set of games and their prizes are particularly coveted.

And a dark faction will do whatever they can for their leader to claim the grand prize.

Even kill.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Any 3.5 or 3.0 compatible d20; just run it by me first.
Banned Resources: Right off the bat: No d20 modern, nothing with technology beyond the early renaissance age (so, no steampunk, or anything with blackpowder weapons).

ECL: 6
Gold: Standard; though you'll want to spend more on a shopping trip than actual equipment, since this IS a festival, after all.
Races: Any that fit the ECL; as this is a monster-unified country, you can play those as well
Ability Scores*: Roll 4d6, drop the lowest result, for each ability score. Or, you may use 32-point buy.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max for first level, roll for the others.
Alignments: Any non-evil
Pantheon:
Backgrounds: Only why you're at the Festival; Houses are whatever you name them; Guilds are just "(profession) Guild".

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] You'll want to take a look at E.N. Publishing's "Tournaments, Fairs, and Taverns" for quite a bit of stuff.
2] We're using the game rules found in Complete Warrior for several of the games.
3]Another E.N. Publishing book, Chainmail Bikini, will have some rules in use.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:10 pm
wait...a game where there is NO restriction other then being non-evil...tho a bit unfair, why can't evil people compete? I can think of reasons why an evil, maybe not CE char. would want to join, and NO ONE is showing ******** I would kill for a game like this ><  

Seiryna

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm
I mainly don't want to use evil because this is going to be a Die Hard at a Renaissance Fair style of campaign. Evil will be evil, good will be good, neutrality does what they'd prefer: Not lose the prize.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 pm
I have come to terms with it, but the wound is still deep
as my memories of her will not be put to sleep...

I am sorry, I haven't been on for a few months. My mother was in the hospital with Cancer... a few weeks ago, she started to roll natural ones... and Last Saturday, she lost her battle...

She didn't understand this game, but she would never want me to be in grievance for long.

I would like to play if this game is still a possibility... If not, I understand. I just want to know before, I start to work on a character.

Edit: I was working on this post, when the other one was posted... So, I will work on a character...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I have come to terms with it, but the wound is still deep
as my memories of her will not be put to sleep...

I am sorry, I haven't been on for a few months. My mother was in the hospital with Cancer... a few weeks ago, she started to roll natural ones... and Last Saturday, she lost her battle...

She didn't understand this game, but she would never want me to be in grievance for long.

I would like to play if this game is still a possibility... If not, I understand. I just want to know before, I start to work on a character.

Edit: I was working on this post, when the other one was posted... So, I will work on a character...

Fully possible. Just send one in.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm
You have fully seized my interest with the renaissance period.
I hope you don't mind warforged  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:57 am
I just have one question... Are most of our fights going to be solo or teamed? I only ask cause most of the fairs I have seen it is one on one fighting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I just have one question... Are most of our fights going to be solo or teamed? I only ask cause most of the fairs I have seen it is one on one fighting.

A little of both; you'll team up early on and proceed from there, but the first chapter allows a non-fatal party split.  

Slave Xaccheus

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm
How do you feel about peer reviewed homebrew content for classes?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am
I am almost done, just can someone tell me the amount of gold we have to work with.... I don't have my dmg with me, and well I forgot... sorrry

Edit: Sorry, I just found it. 13000  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 5 12-sided dice: 1, 11, 12, 12, 2 Total: 38 (5-60)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 am
Hp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:20 am
Seph Baelzara
How do you feel about peer reviewed homebrew content for classes?

I'd allow it; I'm actually working on my own D&D supplement books now. I'm even going to sell them at a few 'cons I'm going to. I'm going to be revising a lot of homebrew content to use in it. If you're ever in the Nashville area, look me up.  

Slave Xaccheus

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:37 pm
I live miles up in New York, so I must apologize, I don't think I'd ever encounter you. Although I would like to go there some day... See what the Country Legends have seen and experienced for years on end.

As for the class in mind? I was thinking of playing a Stylist, but play it like a court jester of sorts. Thinking of Breezy, Hawkeye. Or possibly Righteous instead of Breezy.

Mongooseh rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 1, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 2, 3 Total: 73 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 am
Rolling stats  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 3 Total: 16 (4-24)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 am
Last one  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff