Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Is Gaia making fun of Jesus? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azume-chan

Friendly Elder

9,400 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 pm
Do you approve of this? I mean look at the new hot topic. stare If you never heard of raptor jesus you would see what I mean. I never thought Gaia would go this far. I use to block people for having that image in their signature. confused  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:17 pm
If that stupid person never said that the end would come on the 21st, then the mocking of everyone wouldn't happen. The end has been coming for 2011 years! How long is it gonna take for everyone to admit that no one knows the end?

Then no one would be mocking the Christian religion. It's people like that pastor who make the Christian religion look bad.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 am
XSK Ambrosia
If that stupid person never said that the end would come on the 21st, then the mocking of everyone wouldn't happen. The end has been coming for 2011 years! How long is it gonna take for everyone to admit that no one knows the end?

Then no one would be mocking the Christian religion. It's people like that pastor who make the Christian religion look bad.

People mock Christianity anyway because we follow Jesus. o_o  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 am
Haven't seen it. Usually "their" hot Topics never call my attention.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 am
Br1ttana
XSK Ambrosia

People mock Christianity anyway because we follow Jesus. o_o

Yes, but people now mock us more than ever because of these stupid preachers, pastors, and priests coming out. Just like the Crusades. People hated every single living Christian when the Crusades were in motion. And now this crap stressed  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:10 am
Shall we grow angry, then, because some Christians are... how you say... expressive of their personal interpretations of things? *Sips tea* It's probably easier to remember that this, too, shall pass. News is sensationalist and will move on to something else, and eventually people will forget about this. I don't think it's anything to get worked up over.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Dark Chaotic Nightmare

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:35 am
XSK Ambrosia

I totally agree. If you ask me he's no better then Osama bin Laden. Look what he did, he killed over 3,000 innocent people what he thinks is right for the Quran. The Muslim religion suffered irrepairable harm from what he did.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:37 am
Has this pastor caused, directly or indirectly, any deaths?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Azume-chan

Friendly Elder

9,400 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:29 am
I'm just kinda shocked that it would be in the front page. A thread a fine, but a whole freakin forum dedicated to it? Now my eyes for this site has changed for me and has lost respect.

Yes I do get easily worked up when it has to do someone that I love dearly.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am
I'm usually very cool about things like this. Like the word God being changed on april fools. But this time they're taking a direct stab at our messiah... And I guess that's a good reason to just stick to the guilds and meebo on gaia.  

Azkeel

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:04 pm
One thing that is important to remember is that this is a secular site; and the secular world loves to make a mockery of the Christian faith. that is the way it always has been and the way it always will be. Just because we live in a culture with the freedom of religion does not mean that we will all live without disputes. But we have no reason to feel ashamed or overwhelmed by theses attacks. Paul wrote that we should rejoice in tribulation suffered for our beliefs, because it will be our glory in heaven. To the world, Jesus is just a "stumbling block," or a "stone that the builders rejected." They cannot see his truth of his glory until God opens their eyes, as he did for each and every one of his followers.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:42 pm
I think it's too mock the idea of it occurring on the 21st that they don't believe the crock. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are believers who work within gaia who would have voiced concerns about it and suggested things about it. Plus they called it the raptor not rapture.  

shadowkiller boy

6,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:52 pm
Okay now honestly I am ticked. Why? The EI announcement. -_-  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 am
People.... seriously? xD i mean, i know that someone else having fun of God is not some simple stuff, but this is internet.... put "jesus" on google and half of images will be stuff like the image of "YMCA" where the Y is Jesus on the cross, or Him riding a velociraptor (that would be kinda epic and fun, and is not like im saying "haha, stupid god" or acting against the second commandment)
anyway, what i mean is "internet = stupid people"
let them talk as much as they want. If someone really has to act upon it is God, and just God. Maybe some moderator too ^^
Let's not add fuel to the fire ^^ if they say "haha, jesus is stupid", they r just trying to make us react. how can we stop it? let'sbe wiser than them and say "ok, u wanna talk crap about my belivings? go ahead, i hope it makes u feel a better person and someday u'll realize u r not better than the people that kill because diferent colour of skin"
hope u understood me, i know my english sucks biggrin  

maybenmg

2,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Jedi Gallifreyan

Codebreaking Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:15 pm
User Image

I don't really like it, but they're not making fun of Jesus so much as they're making fun of all this end-of-the-world hype. At least, that was the impression I got when I skimmed through the "raptor forum". And you do get an item for posting there, it's an actual Gaia event forum.

Who unto Rassilon's Tower would go, must choose above, between, below.

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff