Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Forging the Legend <IC> Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:33 pm
OoC Thread

Greetings Travelers, and welcome to your tale! And just like any other tale, it begins in a world, near civilization. The current time is approximately the 9th hour of the morning; the Summer Solstice is one fortnight away. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining brightly, barely a cloud in the sky, and only the wind that blows is from the waters off to the west.
In this tale, we start at a tavern, The Rusty Trout. Where, it is said that many a hero has taken up his or her story here. That is why, perhaps, laying in the center of every table lies an immovable piece of parchment with a list, legible in every language for those whom peer upon it, detailing the local woes and wants of each resident, and virtually every where within a 5 mile radius of the tavern. Those whom have frequented this tavern oft see advertisements for games, tournaments, or events happening within the local region. Today, however, there is no events happening within town.
For activities taking place within, there's a small table dedicated to a select group of poker gamblers (today there sits a trio of humans); a target on the wall with beings of all kinds playing what might appear to be darts, with daggers in for the projectile weapons. And as always, there's the dwarven bartender serving out drinks as they're ordered.

Were one to wander the streets they would find a number of shops, both established and limited-time-only, selling their wares to those whom are interested. It was a fair sized town with a fair amount of trade commerce. Some of whom, seem to be more than eager to remove their wares for the upcoming festival.

The local library is located on the far end of town, unquestionably the furthest from the docks, of various scrolls and books litter the shelves.
The Inn is just across the street from the tavern, just far enough away to keep the drunkards from stumbling in on their stupor. As well as safe enough from the brawls that may explode out from those doors.

Beyond any of these, any number of the maps placed at each major intersection can direct the wayward traveler to where they're headed.

From these maps any casual observer could see that the port town was located just the East of a major body of water, while unnamed, it easily dominated at least one-fourth of the Western side of the map. The gates protecting the three roads out. The Ivory Road headed off to the North-East, The Emerald Road off to the direct East, and finally the South-by-South East route, while unnamed, also had a massive red X plastered over it, with a note written under it reading "Closed for maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience."

[Just looking for an intro post from the lot of y'all, then I'll be sure to get the ball rolling. Which shall either come Sunday evening, or after everyone reports in, which ever comes first.
Also, map makers are welcome to plot out anything I describe for those regions of which I lack a map. I cannot art to save my life.]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 pm
He moved slowly, walking solemnly down the street. Antaris wore dark, oversized robes that kept him in shadows. If one were to look at the opening for his face, all they would see is twin jade flames where someone's eyes would be. On his back was an oversized scythe as well. Making his way to the Tavern, he looks for the standard issue shadowy corner to put his back into, reading over the list on the table before him.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 pm
Samson approached the gate to the town with a wary eye at the guards. As he passed the borders to the town he would look back and scan the path behind him, as though to make sure he were not being followed. He heaved his pack a bit higher onto his back and continued on his way.

The man paused in his walk and saw the sign of the Rusty Trout tavern. Shrugging a bit in his traveling cloak he made his way over to the door of the tavern in as unhurried a pace as possible. He blinked in the tavern's lighting change from outside until he was adjusted and then made his way to the bar.

Looking over he noticed a man in dark robes sitting in a shadowy corner looking over what appeared to be a list. Before any eye contact could be made, however, Samson turned back to the bar-person and asked for a drink, passing out two silver pieces.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:48 am
Calgarosh was sitting in another corner, painstakingly scribing notes down onto a piece of parchment. Between fits of writing, he chewed on the end of the pen. "Now, was it three and three-sixteenth parts of lapis lazuli? Or was it five and nine-elevenths powdered kobold horn?" He mumbled to himself.

He set the pen down and took a sip of his wine. It was elven and of a very good year. He gazed accross the tavern, curious as to how he had ended up here. It didn't matter, persay, but it was an interesting topic to mull over. He picked up the pen and started writing more notes down, focusing on the task before him.

A drunkered coming around with a drink in hand, bumped into Calgaroshes table, spilling the dark wine all over his notes. He looked up at the drunken man. "You pig-headed idiot! Do you know how long I have slaved over this notation?" He stood up, rescuing what notes he could, though, still losing the majority of the days work. "Do you know what I could do to you?" His eyes wirled madly in their sockets, a whirling spiral of twisting orange.  

Jacior

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:12 pm
Enjoying the western breeze as it gathers his long salt-and-pepper hair, Patrick feels more relaxed than he has in years. Having asked a while back where he could find a place to gamble and drink, his body lets out a groan in protest as he stands up. Patting down his dark green armor, he adjusts the sling to keep his rifle from slipping, a relic and friend from his ancient past, and locking his decorated sword in place to prevent any unwanted accidents he quietly makes his way to the absurdly-but-not-the-worst-tavern-name-he's-ever-heard-of Rusty Trout.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 pm
Erin stretched and rolled her shoulders, ignoring the shouts from the other players to go on and throw already as she loosened up her muscles, then flung her dagger at the target once she was satisfied.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Kelsey MacAilbert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:54 pm
(Forgot to roll a D20 in the above post. I'm playing the knife game mentioned in the OP, of course. I assume that an 18 [Assuming BAB and dexterity apply to my roll] is sufficient to hit the bull's eye?)

The dagger thudded into the bull's eye about a half-inch to the left of the center, far closer than anyone else's blade. With a shout of triumph, she turned to face the other competitors and accept her winnings.

(Would the DM accept 5 silvers and two coppers as the winnings?)  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:29 am
When the barmaid came around, he spoke, keeping his head slightly bowed. "Some meat and water, please."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

MrKobra rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

MrKobra

Shameless Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:12 am
Jeskin walked in slowly and looked about, tying his mule to a post outside the tavern. His brown eyes showing a need to relax. He had been traveling for a few days, just got supplies and needed to relax. He sees the angered elf and sits at his table.

"Calm down a bit, drunks can't help the fact that they're idiotic beyond reason, what's yelling at them gonna help? What exactly were you writing down?"

He looked at the drunk.

"Hey, they're selling free drinks at -insert nearest tavern-."

OoC: I suppose I'll make a bluff in case you need one. Check is 19.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm
Without question the dwarf would hand out any drinks or food ordered, and always asking for the price of only a couple (2) silver pieces to be passed his way for the drinks, and a further piece of silver for each additional item, to more or less the specifications. However, it was murmured throughout that if one was to fork over more than he was asking for, he'd make sure it was exactly how they wanted it. Although the same generousness could not be said for the bar maids and waiters.

The enchanted papers on the table always kept cycling through various mundane tasks. From fetching groceries, to rescuing the local cat, to even being the local mule for a day for one shop. However despite the constant changing of items, one remained at the top, untouched.
'Seeking willing adventurers.
'See house at north end of town for details.
'Gold promised.'

--

Meanwhile on another side of the tavern where the drunken lad had haphazardly spilled his drink, a burly human-looking, clearly ork-blooded male had come rushing between them. A firm grip on the drunkard, and a towel in his opposite, held out to the 'victim'. "Clean yourself up, and calm yourself. I am sure he did not mean it. You know how humani get with these stronger liquors." He then turned to the drunkard, working on the bluff of the new person. "Why not head down there and get some drinks there? It'd be easy on your pocket!"
While Calgarosh's papers may have been ruined, the one that was already there, remained perfectly pristine. Save for the liquid that remained upon it--but it did not seem to be harmed by the drink.

"Reallysh? I ssshall go sshee! Thanksh shirrah!" And with that the drunkard stumbled his way out of the doors and into the streets--to bother someone else.

Then the orc-blooded human turned towards Calgarosh and Jeskin with naught but a complacent grin upon his hard visage. "I do hope we won't have any more disturbances? Maybe you can keep his temper under control?" Added with a truly jovial chuckle.

--

Then, opposite of this commotion, at the dart board, the group of two humans and a single half-ogre had found themselves fervently in a match with a rather skilled female. While proving formidable, one human seemed to be able to match her skill throw for throw. Even giving up half of the prize to Erin for the prowess of which she showed [as noted in the OoC].

It wasn't long after the game had the other human, by all standards seemed to be a captain of a glorious ship with her tassels, brilliant coat and had, and that gleam in her sapphire eyes that yelled only 'treasure hunter' at the top of their non-existant lungs. "Oy! Got ourselves a real nat'ral here!" With a wide grin, and a pat on Erin's back, the captain turned to her. "What'cha say? A drink for the victory? 'Er perhaps ye prefer som'thin' more lastin'?"

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm
After paying for the items, his bony hands wrapped in layers of leather hide, he waited. 'Adventurer's wanted, huh?' Keeping his eye on the list as it scrolled, he thought over that top article.

Keeping his head bowed, he stood and moved over to the next table. "Pardon, what can you tell me about that top job?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 pm
Samson would take his glass of port and nursed it carefully. He turned his back on the bar and observed the comings and goings of the taverns. Noticing that some adventurer-types kept looking at pieces of paper on the various tables he hopped down from the stool and made his way over to one and read what was upon it.

The young man's lips moved soundlessly as he read. 'Seeking adventurers? Gold...." Samson rummaged in his bag and pulled out a rumpled quill and a crumpled piece of paper and quickly jot down the directions before turning quickly. In this action he would come face to face with the leather robed stranger; Samson paused.  

Cunning Witch Angus

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm
Reaching the tavern, Patrick takes in the noise and the smell of alcohol. Smiling to himself, he takes a seat by the bar, which resulted in a silent curse as the handle of his sword being pushed into his armpit. Rubbing his armpit, he pushes the catch back down and swivels the sword and locks it with the sword back resting against his back. Ordering a brandy, he watches the various patrons going about their business. The contest in the back, the researcher pouring over his notes, the drunks, the bouncers, the request posts and the young man looking for work. Smiling to himself and enjoying the flavors of his drink, he can almost feel his age setting in on him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 am
Calgarosh blushed a liitle, he let his temper get the best of him. "Oh, um. I suppose I could keep myself a bit more restrained. If you might, perchance, happen to have more of that elven wine? It was quite good and tis a shame to see it go to waste like that." He took the towel and sopped up the wine, leaving not a wet spot on the table.

He looked at the man who had first told him to calm. "I don't suppose you plan on leaving me alne tonight, do you?" He asked cautiously. "No, I suppose not after my little.... outburst. Sorry about that." He blushed a little harder, embarassed he'd gotten mad over soethign so trivial.

"My name is Calgarosh, doubt you've heard of me." He grinned ruefully. "You know, it wasn't even about the notes. I just can't stand drunken louts. The notes are an easy fix." He layed the pages of notes out on the table, his eyes flaring with white light. "Watch." He touched the pages individually and the liquid in the soaked parchment evaporated, rising in little clouds of steam. "Now they're dry."

He touched the nearly black pages again, the ink scrawled there slowly turned white. "Good as new. Just can't stand drunks." The white light in his eyes faded as he packed his notes away. "Don't know why I thought a tavern would be a good place to work on my notes though."

He gazed upon the paper in the center of the table. "That looks like an interesting endeavor, and you look like the sort who knows what they're doing. Do you suppose that it might be something worth inquiring into?" A little gold would help start his way to a mage's tower, always a worthwile endeavor.

"Oh my, I haven't even let you speak. Sorry, again." He face grew red again. There had to be a way to remove that stupid reflex.  

Jacior

MrKobra

Shameless Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:34 pm
"Well if you don't want anyone to bother you I could leave, but you seem to be okay now. My name is Jamkas, I am probably equally as famous as you." Jeskin bared a slight grin. "I can understand that you hate drunks, and I could use work, I just spent myself dry. I'm rambling, just one more question, what form of magic are you studying in order to do something like that?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff