Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[L5R 3eR] The Five Leaves Rising {Rp Thread} Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:24 am
Ryoko Owari Toshi, Four Winds Era, 1160

Ryoko Owari Toshi also known as Journey’s End City, said to be the second largest city in Rokugan, currently occupied by the Unicorn Clan which to say the least has not helped the criminal underworld. With the absence of the Scorpion Clan’s manipulating claw and understanding of the criminal mind the criminal underworld has exploded. The Yakuza’s have control of the streets anything that happens they have either allowed it or have their dirty hands in it. Each one competing with the other in an endless struggle for complete dominance which always ends in a stale mate or a bloodbath though this is not necessarily a bad thing. The city guard are brave and vindictive ready to be judge, jury and executioner to all criminals this is believed to be caused by their new Captain’s fierce spirit. Though for now trying to focus on the big picture is hard let us focus in on a smaller picture, four key people who were travelling when one was invited to stay at a tavern by an old friend who happened to also be the tavern owner.

Ryoko Owari Toshi, Year 1160, Season Fall, 22nd day of the Dog, Hour of the boar.

A dark and rainy night in the peasant district of Ryoko Owari Toshi. A warm glow emits from the inside of the Tavern and quiet murmurs can be heard from the inside with the occasional chuckle. It is very inviting to all as you read the sign you recognise the character ‘Gyukuo Sake’.
Entering you see that the tavern is dimly lit with very few lanterns and decorations only scrolls with some petty art drawn probably by the local hermit artist. There are few people in here only peasants drinking their sorrows away and a pair of old men in one corner playing Go. There is only one person here any of you recognise a young girl with tied up sleeves and tied back hair standing in the kitchen cutting pickles. After a while she notices you all and blushes profusely in embarrassment as she quickly hurries to you bowing slightly before leading you all to a table setting out some cups and a bottle of sake.
Coughing slightly she bows once again introducing herself, “I’m Gyukuo Fusae Isao’s daughter he told me we would be expecting you all and told me to give you some sake until he came back from shopping which is weird due to the time of night. So what are your names? I’m incredibly sorry that I recognise you but I have a terrible memory of names.”  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:37 pm
Characters!

Sadatane

Garus

Kisho

Yuichi

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:48 pm
Kisho offered a light smile to the teen girl. "It's no big deal. Don't sweat it." He would gesture with his thumb over his shoulder at the other three. "Just pretend there aren't any katanas at all, if it makes you feel any better." Leaning over the counter and poking his head closer to the kitchen, he would hold cup one hand to the side of his mouth and whisper, "Between you and me, I'm not entirely sure they even know how to use 'em."

Taking a seat, he would close his eyes and fold his hands behind his head. "If Isao sneaks in through the back, let him know Kisho's here."  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:13 pm
The large man, Garus, scratched his unkempt hair as he looked at the small sake dish. He always had problems with keeping his fingers out of the sake with these, since they were all made for people with smaller hands. Still, carefully, he picked it up and drank slowly, kinda ignoring the world around him.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 10, 1 Total: 22 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 pm
Sadatane would sniff, offended by the peasant's comment, but he let it go. He had practiced long and hard under Goro-sensei's tutelage to earn his proficiency in the use of the blade and the old man had been a difficult master.

Instead, he took a moment to collect himself and his breath before smiling as well to the waitress. She was quite pretty. Would her father mind if Sadatane chased after her? Probably. It wasn't best to chance it. Eating and having a roof over one's head was a rarity for a ronin and maybe Sadatane shouldn't do anything to screw this up. "You can tell him that Sadatane and Garus are here as well." Sadatane pointed at the other ronin to indicate who Garus was.

With that, Sadatane picked up his sake dish with his right hand and drank from it.....while simultaneously pulling his Menhari-gata with his left hand and tapped Kicho lightly on the back of the head with the fan while the waitress wasn't looking! "Oh! Sorry, Kicho! I saw a fly on your head and sought to swat it. I guess I do not know how to use this thing and accidentally hit your head!"

Well...he didn't let it go COMPLETELY...

OOC:
Awareness/Deceit
Dice rolled: 3k2 w/1 for explosion
Results: 19  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 am
Yuichi eyed the sake. He wasn't much of a drinker, being that he was the very definition of a light-weight, his feet dangling off the edge of his chair. Not wanting to be rude, he did take a sip of the beverage before speaking his name "Yuichi" and putting the cup down. He didn't drink from it again, but he did continue to adjust it's placement until it was just right. Which it never was, and thus needing further adjusting.

((btw, don't have a katana. can make a fire katana tho.))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 am
@Gyukuo Sake

Sadatane had placed the fan back into his obi and carefully nursed his sake. It wouldn't do to get too drunk to fail to take advantage of an opportunity! "So, Yuichi, is it? What's your racket? I'm quick muscle, Garus back there is big muscle. I'm guessing that Kisho there is charming muscle, so that means you're the smart muscle, right?"

Sadatane would try a disarming grin. Yuichi could also be the muscle that talks to the Kami and causes the place to blow up.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm
Yuichi looked up from his adjusting to look each of the others in the face considering, ending on Sadatane finally. Smiling he said, "thanks for sharing. As for my muscle." he paused thinking slightly before replying, "I am small so i am underestimated, or overlooked altogether. I am good at taking advantage of this." the questions answered, the little man took another sip of his sake.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:26 am
"Hmm... is there any tea?" The big man spoke carefully, turning to look at the lady that was serving them.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 am
@Gyukuo Sake:

Leaning closer with a hand next to her mouth Fusae whispered into Sadatane's ear, "It may not be my place to say so but I suggest leaving such talk when there are less customers preferably when we have closed."

Standing upright she beamed a smile at Garus replying, "Of course silly! I'll get you lot some snacks while I am at it."

She'd then run back into the kitchen and disappear for a while.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm
@Gyukuo Sake

Sadatane would shrug and simply wait for the house's owner and idly examined his menhari-gata.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm
Kisho would rub the top of his head, frowning slightly. He would grumble under his breath and simply walk away from Sadatane, choosing a seat next to Yuichi; having no katana made him the more personable of the three ronin, as far as this peasant was concerned.

However, Yuichi was still ronin, and Kisho would mind his place, for now. Thus, he would sit semi-patiently in silence.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 pm
@Gyukuo Sake:
As the kettle was beginning to boil Fusae begun chopping some steamed pickles and preparing bowls of rise. A motion could be seen as someone stepped through, if anyone bothered to turn their heads they'd see a drenched man step in followed by two others. The first thing anyone notices is that this is definitely not Isao since Isao did not have short hair or tattoos and that Fusae seemed to . Approaching Fusae the man begun to speak,

"Now that your father is gone Fusae lets discuss about that money..."

"We won't give you anything you chimpira*!" Shouted Fusae giving you all a sideways desperate glance.

The man reached into his clothes and pulled out a sheathed tanto placing it under Fusae's chin,

"Now, now don't go jumping to decisions you may regret."

The other two who followed this man in weren't doing anything other than looking mean and scary as they possibly could stalking around the kitchen searching.

*Chimpira is a term used for lowest rank yakuza's usually meaning punk or street thug.  
Rain Yupa rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 5, 10, 9, 8, 7, 1, 8, 7 Total: 63 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm
Oh crap! Yakuza! Between the ronin which Kisho has had the displeasure of affiliating with, and now this, he would definitely have to keep his head down to avoid getting himself hurt needlessly, right?

... Right?

"Ahh... beg pardon, but I think you got the wrong tavern. Isao should be back momentarily. If you would just be patient, I'm sure he'll be happy to discuss financial matters with you once he steps in."

(3k3 = 13 Untrained Awareness, then 4k3 = 28 Awareness/Courtier with a raise to get the lead chimpira's attention on Kisho and off of Fusae)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm
He stood and walked towards Fusae. "I forgot to ask, what type of tea are you making? I hear good things of the leaves from Dragon lands... or was it Mantis." He frowned, reaching up to scratch at his scraggly beard.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff