Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
TO PLAY OR BE DELETED. THAT IS MY QUESTION?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Inactive games be 'deleted'.
  YAY!!!!!!!!
  NAY!!!!!!!!
View Results

Fat_Juggalo_Jon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 pm
So i got a question. How can people play games when so many of them havent been touched for as long as two years? I request that a notice be given out to inactive games so confusion of whats playing and whats not being played is removed.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:18 pm
The problem here is that the guild owner, Reevinja, hasn't been here in over a year. I don't know if Rain Yupa, the only active Vice Captain, has the access to delete inactive games.  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Fat_Juggalo_Jon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 pm
hmmm that is a problem, as a matter of fact i havent seen Reev. on in a while. wonder wats going on there.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 am
Mackie the Knife
The problem here is that the guild owner, Reevinja, hasn't been here in over a year. I don't know if Rain Yupa, the only active Vice Captain, has the access to delete inactive games.

Technically, a Vice Captain can do anything a Captain can do, in case the Captain stops playing or is b&. Of course, Rain may be disinclined to do this, because it is Reev's job, but Jon is right, some cleanup is in order, even if it's something as simple as tagging games with (Inactive) and PMing the leader.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 am
To my understanding and the understanding of many rains players he is a very busy person. So please do not expect much.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm
I'm fine doing so, but when I have the time. It's been a hectic week, involving overtime, body-for-body shift exchanges with other coworkers, stuff at home, etc.

I just got approved for 2 weeks vacation time in May. When that comes around, I'll have MORE than enough time to investigate each and every game, and send out the appropriate PMs.

Not to mention, to clean out my inbox so I have enough room for replies mad  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Fat_Juggalo_Jon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 am
its nice to know im not the only one thinking of these things. Thank you for hearing me out and the others. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:01 pm
To be completely honest, this guild really needs another person capable of making alterations to the sub-forums, the main page, and everything else. This has been a problem in the guild, for quite some time now. I've been around for ages, on one Pseudonym or another. Since before Reev switched names, to say the very least.

Rain has far too much on his plate, at the moment, with what I believe to be no help, and this isn't a recent occurrence.  

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 pm
Reorganization and clean up is usually a good thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 pm
I believe in this guild action of wanting cleanup i just hope reeve gets the message.  

Fat_Juggalo_Jon

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:07 am
I apologize if what I'm about to say sounds mutinous, but perhaps it's time to replace the captain. A vice captain can do this if the captain has not logged in for, I believe, 60 days or been banned, and it's been longer than that since the captain logged in. Vice captains are needed to police the forums (crew lack the necessary powers), and only a captain can appoint a vice captain, so the guild needs a new captain if the cleanup is going to be accomplished.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 am
Guys please shhh. It is being done right now. Rain promoted a new vice captain just to do this. Proof of this is my This is how I ROLE game was deleted some time ago. So I don't see why you are all so aggravated just because of inactive games and the organisation of the guild. The way the guild is run is fine its just due to real life problems or lost interest games can die quickly. Your problems have been addressed and are being fulfilled so please quiet down. I also don't see why you see the position of captain so important.

Fat juggalo repeating yourself doesn't help.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:29 pm
It will be addressed soon enough. As it is, I'm the only 'active' vice captain (or above). But my focus is more on games getting run, than inactive games getting deleted. When I happen across a lot of spare time without RL obligations preventing me from dedicating spare time, I will clean up the guild. Until then, just let those inactive games gather dust.

I know I could just pop in and see. However, certain GMs might want information from their games (such as a certain format used, or whatever), and I would want to PM them to see if this is the case, on a case-by-case basis. Not a HUGE time sink, but still a time sink regardless.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:43 pm
Virulent Lover
To be completely honest, this guild really needs another person capable of making alterations to the sub-forums, the main page, and everything else. This has been a problem in the guild, for quite some time now. I've been around for ages, on one Pseudonym or another. Since before Reev switched names, to say the very least.

Rain has far too much on his plate, at the moment, with what I believe to be no help, and this isn't a recent occurrence.

Lets be completely honest; we need more than just two people as VC. I suggest we have between 3-5 VCs pending on how active each one is. It could be overkill, but it will guarantee that at least one is active.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 am
The problem with this guild isn't necessarily the lack of labeling on threads, it's that the subforums need to be updated with the corresponding games, and when they die/expire, it should be given to another user with the previous threads cleaned out into a recycle bin, or deleted all together.

Now, as I realize my activity recently has been let's say... lacking. Severely. I will attempt to make myself more active, even giving permission to the people to prod me to get me back. As a member of this guild for... I think more or less the beginning (ha! Little dwarf and those caves... and attacking the curtains. Ah memories...). Between at least three different names. Might I suggest bumping up those that're either most active and/or have been around the longest? With the logic of seniority and knowing how this place operates being my backing.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff