Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 pm
Pitch: 2012 came, and people waited with baited breath. December 21 came, with a climatic build-up... and went, not with a bang, but a whimper. Wasn't the world supposed to end? Much to the relief of many, it did not.

However, over the course of the final week of December, news reports began to be releases of a new, powerful, fatal disease that began to spread throughout many third-world countries, it's mortality rate off the scale. Necrosis of living tissue, impairment of motor functions, high infection rate, complete inability for the human body to fight off the disease... it was a nightmare.

By the time the new year came around, many nations had closed their borders to prevent the disease from spreading. However, it was worse than anyone could imagine, as the dead began to walk once more. Borders were quickly compromised, and soon, no major nation remained untouched by this plague.

By the end of the first week of 2013, the zombie apocalypse had decimated the modern world and crippled society. Though, pockets of civilization still remained: cities that were fenced off from the outside world, protected by scattered military detachments. Humanity would still thrive, and continue on, in the form of about 350 million people, in cities cut off from one another by forsaken wilderness teeming with the undead.

With over 6 billion people dead, something begins to emerge. Perhaps as a byproduct of the disease, an overwhelming survival instinct, or merely an adaptive mechanism to the new environment. In a normally mundane world, people began to show signs of becoming something more than human. Using technology, science, or unlocked human potential, powers beyond human comprehension began to emerge.

This phenomenon begins to spread. By the time spring comes, everyone has heard of these emergent 'super humans'. By the summer time, every city boasts of at least one.

You are one such person. You've developed a means of survival in the form of superhuman abilities, be they mystical, scientific, technological, or supernatural in design. Your opposition exists in the form of legions of undead, terrified populaces, overstressed militaries, and powerhungry superhumans. The world is in shambles and people are struggling to rebuild. It is your duty to protect them and see that humanity has a future, an otherwise thankless task. Or, perhaps, your mere goal is to survive - in the current world, a noble task in of itself.

Mechanics: PL 5 heroes, with 75 power points. You're still new at this. Game will start during the Summer of 2013 AD, or 1 AZ (After Zombies). This gives the potential for SOME practice with your powers, if you felt so inclined. The game will take place in the fictional city of New Axelia, but you can still hail from a "real town/city" if you want to have migrated here.

I will be willing to accept up to 8 players, but I'll need a minimum of 3. One spot is reserved for Raganui Minamoto. Beyond that, I will always choose players who are not yet in any of my games over those who are already. Beyond THAT, it's first come, first serve. Players without overbearing school obligations a plus.

Character sheets can be found on the Myth-Weavers Profiler. It doesn't appear that Tangled-Web has a M&M sheet, however.

Rules Clarifications, as they come up:
  • Immunity to Zombieism is a 5 rank immunity.
  • The highest 'natural' Ability Score you can have is 15+PL (20 to start). Anything beyond that must be Enhanced, as per the power.
  • Space Travel may not be taken as an alternate power, nor be used as a template for an alternate power. It costs 2 points per rank. Truthfully, I doubt this will ever come up.

Accepted Profiles
1.) Raganui Minamoto - Alex Garas
2.) Mackie the Knife Torpedo
3.) Wire_Colossus - June "Junk" Jokes
4.) Nishido_Satsunoyama - Rev
5.) Cathy Lee - Goldie
6.)
7.)
8.)

Pending Profiles
Laertes Ursus - Rifle
Seph Baelzara - ??  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm
Finally, something GOOD that's my fault.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282008

Alex Garas, For the Emperor.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 pm
"For the Emperor"? If you really want, I could include Overheat rules for your plasmagun...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm
If you want to... I'll deal with it.

>.>;; I like Warhammer 40K... so sue me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:01 pm
It'll take me a while to think of a good ability, so If possible I'd like to reserve a spot.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm
I'd like to get in on this, too. I'll work on a character tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 am
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

I'm in.

Just gotta think of a concept.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 am
Torpedo, protecting the people with a military prototype battlesuit.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Mackie the Knife

I actually have you at 76 PP. 7 from skills, 8 from stats, 3 from Fort, 10 from defense, 10 from attack, 36 from your suit, 2 from feats.

Can you include your modified strength under Temp Score?

Enhanced Strength isn't a damaging power, so it cannot have penetrating. You will need to get Strike for that.

You technically have 11 Equipment Points spend, when your feats only give you 10.

Glad to have you aboard, soldier :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 pm
Updated two new rules in the first post: Space Travel and Enhanced Abilities.

Thus far, this won't inhibit any existing sheets.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:37 pm
Rain Yupa
Mackie the Knife

I actually have you at 76 PP. 7 from skills, 8 from stats, 3 from Fort, 10 from defense, 10 from attack, 36 from your suit, 2 from feats.

Thanks, I must've miscounted. It's fixed now.

Rain Yupa
Can you include your modified strength under Temp Score?

Done.

Rain Yupa
Enhanced Strength isn't a damaging power, so it cannot have penetrating. You will need to get Strike for that.

Penetrating has been removed.

Rain Yupa
You technically have 11 Equipment Points spend, when your feats only give you 10.

I have a knife (3 points), Light Pistol (6 points) and a Commlink (1 point), which add up to 10. Does your book show different costs?

Rain Yupa
Glad to have you aboard, soldier :3

Thanks  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm
User Image

I can't seem to think of a freaking concept.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Laertes Ursus

What if you think of a superhero concept then apply it to the setting, rather than the reverse? Pretend there's no zombies. What would you want to play?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 pm
Rain Yupa
Laertes Ursus

What if you think of a superhero concept then apply it to the setting, rather than the reverse? Pretend there's no zombies. What would you want to play?
User Image

I still have pretty much nothing.

User Image

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers