Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Introducing a new campaign [3.5e] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like scary stories?
  Yes
  No (I am a Communist)
View Results

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 pm
I'd like to start a campaign that will begin at level 8. It will be in the Ravenloft campaign setting, thus mystery and horror will be prominent themes, but they will not be the entirety of the rp (of course aspects of fantasy, romance, etc. will be incorporated).

A subforum would probably be helpful, thus I need to enlist some members. Is there anyone who would like to take a journey into the Realm of Dread with me?

I'm looking for 4-5 hardy travelers for this journey. Make me happy.
Quote:
Enlisted:
Little Miss Chloroform
Mushkiller
Disciple of Sakura
Dallas Moonrain
Raganui Minamoto[/color

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm
I have only had one Ravenloft experience in my day, and it was a bad one, with an absolutely terrible DM. Though I'm interested in a game as always. It'd depend in large part on what sources were available and what-not.

Subforums would probably be out, unfortunately. There hasn't been a new subforum opened in a very looooong time, since most of the moderators went *poof.*  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:35 pm
Disciple of Sakura
I have only had one Ravenloft experience in my day, and it was a bad one, with an absolutely terrible DM. Though I'm interested in a game as always. It'd depend in large part on what sources were available and what-not.

Subforums would probably be out, unfortunately. There hasn't been a new subforum opened in a very looooong time, since most of the moderators went *poof.*

Hmm. Then I will either find other means or we will get what I intend on getting (a subforum).

:3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm
Most new games have just been posting here, on the main board. It means digging through the chatter to see if there's been an update, but it seems to work alright overall...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Most new games have just been posting here, on the main board. It means digging through the chatter to see if there's been an update, but it seems to work alright overall...

Ah. That'll do I suppose, but if I find it's a problem, I run two guilds myself which could open us up to some more convenient options.

So I take it from your current conversing you'd be interested in Ravenloft?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:47 pm
I don't think I've ever played Ravencroft before.... Details?
Count me interested for sure.  

Mushkiller

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:50 pm
You using the d20 Swords&Sorcery Ravenloft stuff, or simply making your own conversion from 2nd ed?

And yes, I'm interested... been looking for a game that started above lvl 4 for awhile now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm
Mushkiller
I don't think I've ever played Ravencroft before.... Details?
Count me interested for sure.

Ravenloft is actually a mystery world that was developed due to the lack of horror-style campaigns within the D&D world. It's got a very engaging main story, and plenty of interesting second-in plots.

One of the keys to Ravenloft is that people do not tend to know much about it, and they're not particularly supposed to. It often acts on the basis of you, as an outside character (perhaps from Faerun, perhaps from Rokugan, Korthos, what have you- all different campaign settings), getting pulled into the story via a method that I barely even want to discuss. I have my plans for how everything is gonna happen, but one of the big parts about Ravenloft is its campaign is secretive, and that player's guide is really sort of selective-reading, in that it's not something you just pick up like the player's handbook.

Little Miss Chloroform
You using the d20 Swords&Sorcery Ravenloft stuff, or simply making your own conversion from 2nd ed?

And yes, I'm interested... been looking for a game that started above lvl 4 for awhile now.

It's gonna be the d20 adaptation for 3.5.

I might start at level 8, might start at level 9. Might even start at level 12. I'm thinking 8-9 though. I may just have the enlisted members vote.  

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:54 pm
I like a lot then.... So I can make a character from pretty much any book that you approve of?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm
Mushkiller
I like a lot then.... So I can make a character from pretty much any book that you approve of?

Quite, sir. Quite. Though I have an interesting prequel set out so I'd like some level of conformity amongst sourcebooks. Like if you're making a FR character, I'd like other FR characters.

None of you are gonna start out within the Realm of Dread. This will add to my level of DM-mystification.

You guys are all quite amicable here. Nice to see.

As a note to the wise.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE ANYTHING YOU MAY KNOW. IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE MYSTERIOUS ASPECTS OF THE CAMPAIGN!

It's rather disheartening when a DM tells you a big long story about hypothetically some big black-robed wizard who discovered the secret to time travel and gets killed by another, more powerful wizard in the future, and they say, "We know".  

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:59 pm
Fine, post deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 pm
Little Miss Chloroform
Fine, post deleted.

Much obliged.

Righto. I think I'd like one, maybe two more definite members, then we'll collect stragglers as we go along. However this is looking good. I just made this thread like an hour ago. biggrin  

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 pm
Btw, I don't know if you have it or not, but you might want to take a look at Heroes of Horror, gives a lot of suggestions for doing D&D horror games and optional rules to go along with it.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff