Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((Game Thread)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 pm
MT the Clown - Demitry Atlas
Disciple of Sakura - Nadie Bloodrain
Raganui Minamoto - Mordred Cathaway
Little Miss Chloroform - Tabitha Shadowhand
Laertus Ursus - Shane Annegans
Jennibert - Kiri Greer
Insanity Logic - Lamont Fairsong
Emperor Kai - Artemis Cadabrie

You are all in the Grand City of Mor'Halas, Home to both The Order of the Silvered Sun and The Seekers of True Magic. The city recently held a Tri-Millennial Celebration, a grand festival that spanned a month. The city has been central to the continent of Shanri for as long as records go back. You could spend three days walking and not reach from one side to another; such is the grandeur of the city.

Lamont and Mordred have lived near the center of the city for as long as they can remember. Mordred currently stay in the barracks of the Order of the Silvered Sun's Grand Temple. Lamont stays at his inn, which has quite the reputation as possily the best in the city.

Demitry has his own, rather large flat at the Seeker's College, easily large enough to contain even his most exotic of experiments, though he mostly serves as an assistant to the senior mages as he was not truly born a mage, but served as an experiment for a freshmen project.

Shane, when not skulking around the outer edges of the city, has a rather successful endeavor at entertaining people on the street near both the Grand Temple and the Seeker’s College. Mostly Shane appears when least likely and most comically appropriate. At least he tries to. Tabitha stays in Shane's very grand complex, an apartment buried somewhere in the outskirts of the city, which has so far never been discovered. She has promised to castrate him if he tries anything.

Today though, Shane has promised both the Paladin’s that he will be on his best behavior, at least, while they could see him. Tabitha is usually well-behaved, but enjoys Shane's pranks. Perhaps a little too much, but they're all in good fun.

Kiri stays in Lamont's inn, where she enjoys a hefty discount due to their friendship. She occasionally helps around the inn, but mostly she seems to be trying to plan a way to attract the attention of the Order, to prove herself in glory.

Nadie, who is the least known among the group of friends, due to her quiet nature, also stays at Lamont's inn. Though she is seen their fairly little, instead practicing her archery skills at the Order's private range.

As both Lamont and Mordred have completed the rigorous and straining Rites of the Silvered Templars, the current Saint-Knight, Bolafus Yortinshire, has just finished the preparations for their official Revelations, their anointment to the status of Templar of the Sun.

Demitry, Shane, Tabitha, Kiri and Nadie have been invited to watch the ceremony and partake in the party afterwords. Though many question the young Paladin's invite to the rather admittedly strange group, no one has even considered the possibility of bringing it up with them.

It is a gloriously sunny day, one the gods have sure smiled upon. The birds sand, the sky was bluer than a sapphire and the light glints off the spires of the Grand Temple of The Order of the Silvered Sun. It's currently early morning, merely an hour before the anointment of the new Mithral Templars and only a few hours since the last note was slipped under your doors.

((Ok guys! Time to get ready! There's a ceremony about to take place, you're seeing your friends get promoted to a highly respected place. Likely you will still joke and make niceties with them as before. Or in Shane's case, glue rope their underwear and hoist them from a pole.
Sorry I took some liberties, but I had to think of a better way to start than everyone lives in Lamont's inn. As warning, for the sake of story alone, I might mess with things that wouldn't normally be possible.
So, I guess go! Roll with it. Don't do anything you'd regret, please post at least once every other day. I'll post in time with the story. After a ceratin time of waiting, you will be manipulated. Two weeks postless and your character will be gruesomely torn apart, possibly by an actual Grue, so don't not post. At least tell us if you're going on haitus or something.
Anything else? Ask me if you have a question, I am open to anything for the sake of a great story!))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 am
As the sun rose and the rooster crowed, a set of gray, bloodshot eyes opened. He hadn't been sleeping well since the tests, mostly because they had thrown off his natural rhythm. His body and mind wanted to sleep when his internal clock yelled at him to get up for the day, say his morning prayers, and suit up for before breakfast duties.

Slowly pulling himself from his bed, the pale golden hair on his head in ragged shape, the man started dressing. A fine linen shirt and some leather pants, topped with a silken tabard bearing the Silver Sun of the order with the Gauntlet and Eye of Helm within it.

"He who stands vigilance over all, give me the strength to protect those in need. To defeat those that would break the law. And to vanquish any who threaten peace." He raised his head after his hushed prayer, looking over at the stand by his bed.

"Shall we go, Dymlos?" Taking up the blade, he slipped the sheath onto his sword belt and grabbed his shield, leaving the barracks to head for the training field.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 am
Tabitha yawned and stretched out in the early morning sun as it hit the roof of the Grand Temple where she was laying. The warmth felt good, but damn it, it was morning. She should be going to sleep about now, not still awake with a full day ahead of her full of pomp and ceremony that would make things take ten times longer than they needed to be. Bloody paladins. Great in a toe-to-toe battle, but man did they need to loosen up. All that rigidity just could not be good for a person. Still, they'd kept her hide more or less intact on more than one adventure, so she guessed she could last through one day of useless ritual.

Still, she had a couple hours before she needed to make an appearance. She might as well get some sunbathing in before joining the street-bound masses.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:23 am
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

Ah, the big day... Shane arose from his reverie, stretched, and yawned. He made a light breakfast of some fairly fresh wildberries and oats. Nothing like what he used to get back home, but what do you do, right? As he ate, he pondered on what he should wear. A long moment was spent on 'nothing', but he grudgingly promised he'd behave today, and that was a little too obvious.

The Elf was convinced he'd been invited expressly to keep him in the public eye so he couldn't do anything while everyone was away from their homes. Admittedly, he had planned to steal everyone's spare undergarments and pile them on a roof somewhere, but that's not the point, dammit!

Ah well, such is life. Eventually, he settled on a set of deep forest clothes that he'd had tailored nicely. It was the dressiest thing he possessed, so it would have to do. He hid a few key accoutrements on his person, donned his good hat, and left.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

jennibert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 am
User ImageKiri is up before the sun, practicing with her bardiche in the yard behind the inn. She is practically beside herself with glee. She's going to be surrounded by the Order this afternoon! She'll have to be in her best form so that if anything should happen they'll notice how helpful she can be. And even if it doesn't, she'll at least get a chance to hobnob with the Order.

Not that she really wants anything to happen of course. She wouldn't want Lamont and Mordred to have their ceremony interrupted after they worked so hard to pass their tests. And speaking of Lamont...with a sigh, Kiri stops practicing. The inn is rather full this morning, and she'd promised to help serve in the dining room during breakfast. It's not quite time yet, but she has to make sure to get herself cleaned up before she does so. She puts the bardiche over her shoulder and heads back up to her room to shine her armor.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:24 pm
User ImageNadyei woke up from the pile of sheets where she had been curled up on the floor. Not only was she just not accustomed to sleeping on a mattress, but these beds just were not big enough for her at any rate. She stood and stretched, the sunlight streaming in from the window, illuminating her muscular body and intricate red tattoos. Someone peeping in through the windows would get an eyeful of her naked body - the weather was nice and comfortable for sleeping nude, and Nadyei really didn't have any hang-ups about her body anyway. She dropped to the floor and began her exercise regimen with some push-ups, feeling the cool wooden floor creak beneath her as she worked.

An half hour later, Nadyei rose, her body glistening with a light sweat. She toweled off from a basin of cool water in the corner of her room and put on the best clothes she had. Still, not much for a fancy ceremony at the Order, she reckoned. A note slipped under her door, reminding her of the impending event. She sighed. Her worn clothing was lightweight and comfortable for traveling, but it probably wasn't very clean or nicely made. Feeling a little self-conscious, as she had on several occasions when she'd been around Lamont and Mordred in their finery, she got up, gathered her effects, and headed downstairs. She waved at Kiri, grabbed a hunk of bread and a leg of meat from the counter as she walked through the dining hall, and took a bite as she stepped out onto the street. Might as well buy something a little bit nicer, she thought. She headed for the market district, hoping somewhere she could get an outfit made for a woman her size would be open at this hour.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 pm
Wincing at the sudden brightness shining through his eyelids, the horrible screaming in his past are silenced at the presence of the sun's warm glow. Blinking and cracking his neck, Demitry surveys the damage around his desk. "Well. The ink in the pot was ruined by my bangs. A lovely bubbling groove in the chair where my naked thighs rested. Three lovely divets where my pinkie, ring and middle fingers rested... At least my notes are fine. I really need to stop working so late at night on my thesis or get use to wearing something more than just my underpants." Putting on his well worn robes, the young mage feels the familiar tickling in his throat and nearly collapses in the morning's first of many spasm of coughing fits. "B-bugger it all. And just a few hours away too." Picking up the notice with his bare hands, he quickly memorizes the time and location before covering the note in his hands. With a soft hiss and some smoke, the letter is reduced to sludge. Buttoning up his robes and donning his gloves, he heads out for his friends' moment of glory.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm
Lamont had slept in this day, the cause most likely his inability to rest due to excitement and worry for the day ahead. His beautiful wife, Leilah had attempted to calm her husband with assurance that all would go well. Their children slept peacefully within their beds, the two boys, Baldur, and Evin shared the same room just across the hall, their youngest still slept within their bedroom so as to care for her. An empty room lay adjacent the hall, used for storage but one day a bedroom for their daughter Jenifer.

This small section of three rooms sharing a small hall way were separate from the rest of the inn, built into the ground floor beyond the kitchen. The inn and bar itself had many rooms and three floors, a basement, a main floor, and a second floor supported by the strong wooden trunks through-out the bar room.

Leilah had been busy preparing the children this day and had forgotten to wake her husband, hired help attended the bar, Carlyle, and Samantha. Both well trained to wait and serve the guests, they had been working for the Fairsong family for several months each.

The clanging of morning drink and pleasant and warming scent of breakfast had woken the drowsy paladin.

With a yawn he stretched and pushed the blankets from himself, letting them fall slightly, draping over the side of the bed to hit the floor. Blinking he shielded his eyes from the sun-light seeping in from the curtained window. "Leilah.." He whispered... "Leilah.. what time is it...", inquired Lamont while still half-asleep. He could hear the small foot-steps and voices of his children, including his wife instructing them for proper dress.

His attention had finally given to full alert as his eyes widened and he sat himself up to frantically look about. "No.. I'm going to be late!" Lamont had begun to rush about the room in order to acquire his uniform gown, this went on for several moments more prior to hearing the laughter from his bedroom door. Halting to look he noticed his wife with a smile and giggle. "I'm not going to be late... am I?" He asked and she shook her head in response while stepping forward. "No.. you're not going to be late". She spoke the words while gazing to his eyes and leaned upward to kiss him lightly upon the lips.

"But we should still hurry. We'll be waiting in the front". With that Leilah had left the room and gathered the children for breakfast with Lamont soon to follow.

-Lamont goes on to finish dressing and then moves to the main bar room to be served breakfast from his employees.  

jennibert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:41 pm
{Disciple of Sakura and I may be gone for a few days--sick baby. Sorry.}  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:34 pm
@ Mordred: The training grounds are all but empty this morning. The groundskeeper, Ericson, is moving around the archery targets and measuring various marks from the previous day.

@ Tabitha: The sun is warm and bright, covering you in its bone-warming blanket. You can hear the sounds of the paladins and priests below, setting up the stage and such for the day.
(Please roll me a Will Save [DC: 18, failure means you fall asleep])

@ Shane: The walk is as quiet as it ever is, made cheerier by the bright sun. Several children are playing in the street and one of them kicks a ball which, unfortunately flies straight for your head.
(Reflex Save [DC: 15, to dodge] or Acrobatics Check [DC: 20, to catch it])

@ Kiri: Several drunkards mumble at you before the sun rises, the last of them vanishing as the rays of the sun peak over the horizon. The first step back into the inn brings a sense of horrible foreboding and a shrieking sound to your ears that causes them to ring for several minutes. No one else seems to have noticed, but the sensation and the noise have you shaken.

@ Nadyei: You notice that Kiri is slightly shaken up, but she puts on a brave smile and tells you she will see you when you get back. Stepping out into the street, you note that the even the birds seem happy this morning. You walk a ways and come across a small tailoring shop that you had passed by many times before. On the porch rocks an old women in a chair, her eye light up as you stop to take notice of the store. "Well Dearie, I was beginning to think you were never gonna stop here and take a look!" Her voice is surprisingly strong for what her age appears to be. She gets up out of her chair and walks over to you in the street. "Come now, I think I have just what you need." She pulls you into the shop with an equally surprising amount of strength. "Wait here for a minute, dear." She disappears into the back of the shop for a few minutes. "Here we go! I made this for you the first time I saw you walking in the street, I hope the sizing is ok."

The outfit is pretty, but practical. Light yellow bands adorn the sleeves, which themselves are pale blue. The shirt is tight enough not to get in the way and the "skirt" is actually a pair of ruffled pant-leggings, which she shows you can be strapped so as not to get in the way either, in case you need to run or some suchness that the youth does today. "I know this is a big day, so hurry up and get going. Musn't be late now." She pushes the outfit into your hands and shoves you out the door.

@ Demitry: People shy out of your way as you pass, your reputation is rather well known. The walk is otherwise uneventful, though you get the feeling that today is not going to be particularly interesting.

@ Lamont: The inn is quite busy this morning, with the hired help running all over the place. Most of the guests spend time congradulating you and patting you on the back. A few comely young lasses sneak a kiss upon your cheek without warning, they giggle and chitter amognst themselves as they quickly move away. After a time, the inn quiets down and you finish getting you and your family ready.

((@ All: One more set of posts, then we move onto the ceremony. The first part of this is gonna be fairly RP focused, sorry I forgot to mention that. It'll pick up fairly quick though, so don't worry. Also, if people could pick a color, I'd appreciate it.

I hope your baby is ok! I would never never put the game before something so important, so try and get healthy!))  

Jacior

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 pm
The knight yawns a bit as he heads over to the grounds keeper, looking around. "I'm surprised. I thought the old man would be out here yelling at the recruits as usual about the proper way to hold a sword. In fact I don't think I've ever seen the place this empty since I came here." Stopping, Mordred looks towards one of the targets. Idly rubbing his left hand, he remembered the yelling he got when he couldn't even hit the thing back in the day.

((Color? Hmm... Green.))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm
Kiri's high spirits are gone, and her blue eyes are haunted. She manages a veneer of her usual cheer as she helps out in the common room, calling greetings to Lamont and his family when they put in their inevitable appearance, though it takes her longer than usual to notice their arrival.

But as she goes through the familiar routines, Kiri's mind races. What did it mean? Why did no one else hear it? I don't understand...Should I tell Leilah and the kids to clear out for the day, just in case? Or make sure everyone's extra well-armed at the ceremony? Kiri shakes her head. It's probably nothing. Probably nothing. Probably nothing... Her own voice rings unconvincing in her head.

In the end, she decides not to cast a pall on Lamont and Mordred's ceremony directly by saying anything to them, but she'll attempt to warn the others that something seems...off about today. Hopefully they won't laugh at her.

{Not sure who she'll see first other than Lamont--probably Nadyei? But she will say something to each PC if she gets the chance.}

{And baby is doing okay. Still sick, but not as bad as we were afraid he might be when I posted that last night. Thanks! biggrin }

{oh, and I choose purple!. (Well, indigo according to the code, but...)}

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:39 pm
Jacior
@ Nadyei: You notice that Kiri is slightly shaken up, but she puts on a brave smile and tells you she will see you when you get back. Stepping out into the street, you note that the even the birds seem happy this morning. You walk a ways and come across a small tailoring shop that you had passed by many times before. On the porch rocks an old women in a chair, her eye light up as you stop to take notice of the store. "Well Dearie, I was beginning to think you were never gonna stop here and take a look!" Her voice is surprisingly strong for what her age appears to be. She gets up out of her chair and walks over to you in the street. "Come now, I think I have just what you need." She pulls you into the shop with an equally surprising amount of strength. "Wait here for a minute, dear." She disappears into the back of the shop for a few minutes. "Here we go! I made this for you the first time I saw you walking in the street, I hope the sizing is ok."

The outfit is pretty, but practical. Light yellow bands adorn the sleeves, which themselves are pale blue. The shirt is tight enough not to get in the way and the "skirt" is actually a pair of ruffled pant-leggings, which she shows you can be strapped so as not to get in the way either, in case you need to run or some suchness that the youth does today. "I know this is a big day, so hurry up and get going. Musn't be late now." She pushes the outfit into your hands and shoves you out the door.

User Image "Uh... Thank... you?" Nadyei stands there in the street, the dress in her hands and staring somewhat blankly at the storefront. Shrugging, she straightened up and started back towards Lamont's inn. Well... that was very unexpected... she mused to herself as she wandered in. Better to get dressed, just in case it didn't actually fit. Not exactly her preferred style, but they'd frown on that at the Order temple anyway.

{What's the reason for the color - occupying a map, or do you mean for speach? I'll go with either dark red or brown, I suppose.}  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:45 am
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image

Shane's hands, swift as ever, catch the ball. He smiles to the kids and kicks it back to them easily. "Keep the ball a little lower next time, okay kids?" he says, and tousles the nearest one's hair before heading swiftly to the ceremony. Something told him if he was late he'd catch trouble--And he hadn't done anything!

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:15 pm
[ Teal, I choose you! ]

With Lamont enjoying his morning meal alongside family, and receiving the praises of his friends, acquaintances, and those he knew not. It was least the quiet morning meal he had desired, but a pleasant mood he had regardless. Although Leilah didn't take too kindly to the young lasses kissing the cheeks of her husband.

With an awkward smile he shooed them away and attempted to quickly get the congratulations over with so his family and he could eat in peace.

Apologizing to his wife for the disturbance she explained it not his fault. She was right after all, it wasn't.

After they had finished the meal, Lamont aided his employees in clearing the table although both the employees and his wife protested.

Once the dishes had been placed to be washed and all was sorted he bid his inn workers a good day and told them if they wished they may close the inn for the ceremony. It was not an order but merely a request in his own way to have all of his friends there.

"It's time. Children, let's go". He took his boys unto his arms and carried them cautiously through the crowds. Leilah carried their youngest, their daughter, Jenifer.

Soon they would arrive at the temple.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces