Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Shadowrun 4th Edition: The Almighty Nuyen--Recruitment Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 am
How's it going, everyone? I'm Laertes, your friendly neighborhood hard-assed GM. So, I heard you wanna play some Shadowrun. Great! I'm looking to run. I plan on running a variable-toned game where discretion will be the better part of not getting ganked. There will be times when going loud and proud is an option, even preferable, but generally you'll want to keep a low profile and play smart, something like real professional criminals.

The Almighty Nuyen is open to players of all experience levels. All I ask is that you know what you're doing concerning playing smart rather than hard and don't totally min-max your character. The difficulty of the game will be adjusted according to the players' collective abilities.

Now, there are two options for resources. You can go the legal route and buy some books. There's a sale on for very well-discounted PDFs at DriveThruRPG. All the expansion books together are $50, and the 20th anniversary core book is $15. $65 for 6 books is not a bad deal at all. There's also some player-made freeware things that I have compiled here for you. Or... Well... you could go looking elsewhere and grab the PDFs illegally(likerighthere). If you do, I don't need to know about it.
-------------------------
ANYWAYS! I suppose I should get on with some of the particulars.

Books allowed:
Core book(Preferably the 20th anniversary core)
Arsenal
Augmentation
Digital Grimoire
Runner's Companion*
Street Magic
Unwired

Banned content:
Races-
Pixies
Infected characters
+Qualities-
Deep Cover
Escaped Clone
Made Man
-Qualities-
Amnesia
Borrowed Time
Cranial Bomb
Dependent(s)
Hung Out to Dry
Judas
---------------------------------------
Character creation/House rules:

-Standard building rules using 400 BP.
-All characters will receive free Contact points equal to double their natural Charisma.
-Characters should be built using a character generator(I provide 2 in my download links), and then moved to the plaintext character sheet I provided in my download links, then PMed to me. Please title it something along the lines of 'Shadowrun' or 'The Almighty Nuyen'.
-I will be instituting the Hero Cookie House Rules. See below for details.
-YOU MAY BRIBE ME! During creation, I will be allowing an exchange of gold to Nuyen on a ten gold to one Nuyen basis. So, 1.000 gold to me is 100Y worth of gear to you. Please note this gear follows all creation rules(so you can't buy delta-grade cyberware or a Barret 181 with it). There is an upward limit of 25,000 bonus Nuyen. If you want to bribe me in this regard, please label the title of your trade something to reflect this.
-YOU MAY BRIBE ME MORE! You may also buy Hero Cookies from me! 25k gives you a Hero Cookie. These are only available at creation, and have an upward limit of five. If you want to bribe me in this regard, please label the title of your trade something to reflect this.
(Disclaimer: To those of you who feel this is an unfair advantage to the rich, 25k Nuyen isn't a huge amount. That's 5 Build Points or five average runs. Same goes for the hero cookie bribery. They're not inordinately hard to get.)

-----------------------
Hero Cookies:

Hero Cookies are a mystical, formless force, like Karma. They have no value until used, and are not transferable. Hero Cookies can be used like so...

One Hero Cookie can be used:
-In place of one point of Edge, for any of its uses. This counts as the Edge used for that roll.
-To gain a +1 rank to any skill that you don't currently have but are not unaware of for one roll.
-To instantly heal 1 box of damage. Usable once per round.

Ten Hero Cookies can be used:
-To gain a +2 to any roll. This roll is subject to the Rule of Six.
-In place of burning a permanent point of Edge.
-To instantly fully recover one damage track. Usable once per round.

Fifty Hero Cookies can be used:
-To gain a permanent +1 to your Edge score.
-To gain 10 free Karma.

You get two Hero Cookies at creation. Impressive roleplay, extremely clever solutions, and other moments of unmitigated awesome net you additional cookies. Sometimes the GM may award Hero Cookies for other tasks, like recapping the previous session, good attendance, or acts of unexpected goodwill and aid.

Hero Cookies can be taken away for poor attendance, disrupting game flow, or otherwise ruining the fun of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 am
Realizing my bribery policy may seem scam-tastic, I will be initiating the following safeguards, for your sakes:

1: All bribery trades will NOT be accepted until the game officially starts. Obviously, canceling the trade at any point before the game is an option, but you will be expected to adjust your character sheet accordingly or drop out.
2: If a player drops out before the end of the first mission, they will get a full refund of any and all bribes made. That's the time limit. After the first Karma award, those bribes belong to me.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 am
I'm looking for a table of four to six players. Those interested, or with any questions, should post in this thread. If you want to sign up, let me know and I'll put you on the list. If I end up getting more than six sign-ups, I will be accepting players based on a combination of first sheets and general interaction. If you're the first one to drop a sheet, but you can't finish a sentence without a spelling error and/or you're a complete jackass, I'll pass you over.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 pm
I'm interested. I've got a few concepts running around in my head.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 am
I'm trying to get things together for it. Making a character. Honestly since I've never played before I think I should start out simple with an orcish street sam.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
I'm trying to get things together for it. Making a character. Honestly since I've never played before I think I should start out simple with an orcish street sam.
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

They're pretty good for simple.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 pm
I really want a jedi physical adebt but I think I'd need your help in throwing that together.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 pm
4.0 was the version with technomancers right? I may jump in for that, but I haven't played in 7 years or so, and it was only one game ... so yeah.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
I really want a jedi physical adebt but I think I'd need your help in throwing that together.
User Image

Define what you mean.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 am
It's been a while since I looked at the 4th ed book so I don't remember how magic even works. Which is prolly why I just stick to simple street sam orc.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:31 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
It's been a while since I looked at the 4th ed book so I don't remember how magic even works. Which is prolly why I just stick to simple street sam orc.
User Image

Well, Adepts get a number of buffs and abilities, most passive, based on their Magic. Magicians are more complicated, but not by a huge amount. What did you mean when you said 'Jedi'?

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 am
It's a term for physical adepts. They do goofy kind of jedi like stuff.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:27 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
User Image

Okay, I thought you literally wanted to build something that ran like a Jedi... Which is frighteningly possible.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:26 am
Almost done with a mage. Just need to get equipment sorted out to my liking.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 pm
Laertes Ursus
Wrasynth Ksyamen
User Image

Okay, I thought you literally wanted to build something that ran like a Jedi... Which is frighteningly possible.

User Image

Hence jedi  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out