Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((OoC/Dice rolls)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm
The morning sun breaks over the horizon as you look out your window. The sky is as blue as the singing jay, not a cloud to be seen. A crisp, cool breeze blows, bringing with it the smells of the waking city. Baking bread, smoking meats and the slight tang of nearby sea assault your nostrils. This was going to be a good morning.

You turn from the window and see the card that had been left for you mere days ago. You pick it up to reread it and the symbol on it catches your eye: a silver sun, overlapped by a similarly colored sword. It reads as follows:

[insert name here], you have been invited as a special guest of the soon to be Knight-Templar(s) of the Order of of the Silvered Sun. Please be at the Grand Temple before midday, exactly seven days after you receive this letter.

- Bolafus Yortinshire,
Knight-Saint of the Order of the Silvered Sun

That was a week ago today. Three swift raps on your door cause you to look up as a note is slid under your door. It is a reminder of the big day. Time to get ready!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a campaign in my own custom realm. For the most part it is sandbox, I've only outlined a couple of places so far. It is a big place, you could find anything out there. The planet is approximately four times the size of the Earth. There are at least 4 continents and climates ranging from earth normals to strange areas saturated in magic.

Campaign Specifics: For the most part, you aren't gonna know the plot. You'll just have to come across it as though you were experiencing it first hand. I will tell you that you all know each other and that you all live in the city as of now. Whether you always have or not is your own perogitive.

This campaign is an amalgam. That means I am using Pathfinder, but accepting all 3.X sourcebooks ((Well, the ones I own at least.)). I will also be taking homebrew on a case by case basis. You can take 1 trait and 1 flaw ((Please, take something meaningful. I am gonna have to ask you to change it if you don't.))

Number of players: I will be accepting up to 6 players. 7 if I am really pursuaded.

ECL: 4th level. Make sure everything you do adds to 4. Templates... PM if you really think you want one, we'll discuss it.

Background: I want more than a sentence. A paragraph or two would be nice. Something explaining why you live in the city, what accomplishments have happened to you, etc.

Stats: 3d6, drop the lowest and add 6. For each stat. ((EX: Rolled a 3, a 6 and a 4. Drop the three to have ten (6+4) then add 6 to make it sixteen.
OR 26 Point buy, Pathfinder style.

Instead of 1 point for stats every 4 levels, it'll be 2. Can't spend them on the same stat.

Starting Wealth: 10,000 gp. I know, that seems a lot, but trust me, you are gonna need it.
You will also recieve an ITEM. This doesn't nescessarily have to be an object, but is essentially a free thing. PM about what you want and make an arguement for it. ((I once had a player take this to obtain the ability to see through clothing and armor, saved the party more than once.))

Alignment: I am gonna say this up front, you live in a goody-two shoes kind of city ((At least in the main city area)). But I am not forbidding any alignment but Chaotic Evil/Stupid.

Some Background of the City: You are all in the Grand City of Mor'Halas. This city is the focal point for the entire continent of Shanri ((Shiny nickel to those who get the reference)). The city is so rediculously large, it takes three days to travel from one bordering wall to another. Mor'Halas is not only the trading capital of the continent, it is also home to the two great orginizations: The Order of the Silvered Sun and The Seekers of True Magic.

The Order is the prime supporters of truth and justice across the continent. Almost all followers of a divine mandate are a part of the Order. Excluding Druids and followers of evil of course. The Order is held in high regard by many inhabitants of Shanri and as such, enjoy many things not afforded to others.

The Seekers of True Magic keep their main College in the city, though they have a place in almost every significant settlement across the realm. The Seekers recruit mages, providing a place of rest, practice and security to those with the gift. The Seekers are given free reign except in the most dire of situations. The Order makes it a point to stay seperate. The Seekers are known to "kidnap" people for experimentation. Indeed, they are allowed to take anyone they wish at any given time. Almost all the people are returned to their homes. The unfortunate few who don't are either too dangerous to leave, in which case they are offered positions at the College. Or they die, in which case, their surviving relatives are given a large stipend for their loss.

Their is also a small academy of psionics in the city. It's not that there aren't many people who have the power, it's that they don't truly care to have a large structured network. All psionically gifted people are catalogued in the Academy's records however.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any questions? If so, write them here or PM me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:17 pm
I am an equal opportunity recruiter! Get over it.  

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm
Jacior
I am an equal opportunity recruiter! Get over it.
I deem it betrayal! -Glares-  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Took me some time to figure out if this was a version of D&D that I actually care about... and, since it's Pathfinder, it is.

Any chance that I could build a character using Psionics Unleashed, Dreamscarred Press's Pathfinder Psionics update?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm
I didn't even know PF had psionics yet. Is there a link? Or perhaps some way for me to view it?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:04 pm
Jacior
I didn't even know PF had psionics yet. Is there a link? Or perhaps some way for me to view it?
>.> You do know we have gunslingers, samurais, and ninjas now right? Oh and the magus...

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayingGames/p/pathfinderRPG/dreamscarredPress/v5748btpy8i42&source=search  

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 pm
*Claims non-healer spot*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm
Unfortunately, it's not up online in a PRD like format as of yet - it's available for purchase as a PDF or book (Announcement Here.). I own it in both formats, so I could provide relevant text related to whatever class I decided to build, but I don't know of anywhere that one can view more than the Betas for free (and I'm not even 100% sure you can view those without an account with DSP...).  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm
Yes Eyolf I am aware, psionics.... I guess I just missed em.  
jennibert rolled 18 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6, 2, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 4, 2, 6 Total: 63 (18-108)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:11 pm
Ooh, I'm interested. May go for a straight up fighter. And I think I'll go ahead and roll me some stats, while I'm at it....

3,1,5=3+5+6=14
2,3,5=3+5+6=14
4,6,2=4+6+6=16
6,4,3=6+4+6=16
1,1,5=1+5+6=12
4,2,6=4+6+6=16

Oh, so pretty.... smile  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 2, 1, 5, 3, 6, 4, 6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3, 5, 1, 1, 4 Total: 66 (18-108)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:14 pm
Might as well roll stats either way... Here we go...  
Strawberry Bathory rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 2, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 3, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3, 2, 4, 4 Total: 79 (18-108)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm
Also doing that stat rolling thing.

5, 6, 2 + 6 = 17
6, 6, 6 + 0 = 18
5, 6, 6 + 6 = 18
3, 1, 6 + 6 = 15
2, 6, 3 + 6 = 15
2, 4, 4 + 6 = 14

Mmmm, sexy stats.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm
Two things: I am gonna say yes to the Psionics, but I need explicit info in everything, because I don't know what they have changed.

And I feel the warning should be made now. This is going to be excruciatingly hard. It is quite likely one or two of you will die very swiftly. It will, if I am any good at this, be both mentally and physically torturous for your characters.

Because I wanted to try something very different from my normal style.

Also, I never imagined this catching on so quickly.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Pathfinder... with knights-templar... I think I'm intrigued.

Now what class to play... Maybe a paladin... I'll have to look through the pathfinder stuff again.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas