Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which member of the unit would you be?
  The High Commander...and GOREGOUS!!
  Security Officer, which includes spider killing duties
  Information Officer, duties may include attending high school
  Transmitter, congradulations, you've got a thing in your head
  :D Bah! Screw all those jobs, I'm the Big Giant Head!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am
Ahh 90's sitcoms. I was inspired to make this discussion thread because Third Rock From the Sun was recently added to Instant Netflix, and I am very happy. whee Third Rock was one of my favorite sitcoms ever! I could watch re-run after re-run and never get bored of it. And now that I'm older, there are certain jokes that are even funnier now that my corrupted adult brain understand them. xp

This made me start thinking of some of the awesome, and not so awesome sitcoms of the 90's and early 00's. There really were a lot of good ones. Some lasted for years, while some were canned far too early (Like Tidus...that was another of my favorite shows! crying )

So ATG, 90's and early millenium sitcoms....go!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 am
I don't... I don't remember! D:  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:07 pm
srsly? Nobody watched tv in the 90's? Third Rock? News Radio? Full House? That 70's Show? Frasier?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 am
I watched cartoons and The Crocodile Hunter =x  

Lobo-chan

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 am
I love 3rd Rock from the Sun. whee It's one of my favourite shows. It's also what introduced me to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is one of my favourite actors. 3nodding

I don't consider That 70s Show to be a "90s" show. (That sentence looks weird...) I'm pretty sure it mostly aired in the 2000s.

I did watch Full House when I was quite a bit younger. I still really love Saved By The Bell. biggrin

Never watched Frasier or News Radio.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:15 pm
mrgreen That 70's Show started in 1998. Aaaand I'm also counting in early 00's shows in this because there were some great sitcoms back then  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 pm
Oh man, I miss sitcoms... the ones they make now suck majorly. sad

I love Fraser... and of course, Friends is a favourite. Fresh Prince of Bell Air, too. they need more TV shows like that... *nostalgic*

Fortunately, there's a TV station that pretty much runs all reruns of sitcoms here, so I get my fill of the oldies. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:11 am
I totally caught the 3rd Rock reference in the title, squealed a bit, and came in here to tell you that you are awesome.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:28 am
xd Thanks Kals.

@penned: I kept forgetting about Friends rofl I actually didn't watch it until it was nearly over.

Also Will and Grace whee  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 am
Yeah, I started in on the Friends bandwagon late, too, but it's still a favourite. biggrin  

penned ignorance

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 am
I have never really liked Friends. >_> I found most of the characters obnoxious.

I liked Will & Grace, but...not actually those characters. x3 I only watched the show for Jack and Karen and Rosario.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm
I just started watching 3rd rock on netflix too. It's awesome. I hate tv nowadays. (Although, I'm not sure I can really say that since I haven't had it for eight years...)  

MortalAngel

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

I used to watch sitcoms all the time as a kid. We'd watch Friends during dinner, then watch whatever was on afterward for a while before going to our own business. :3 My favorite was, well Friends. I have lots of fond memories watching that with my parents.

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm
I really kind of hated Friends. The ONLY character that I liked was Joey.

News Radio was awesome and I still love it, as long as I'm not watching it with my parents. And Frasier is up there with it. Drew Carey is one tier down.

I'll leave Seinfeld alone.

3rd Rock... -.-  

124-C

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:33 am
MortalAngel
I just started watching 3rd rock on netflix too. It's awesome. I hate tv nowadays. (Although, I'm not sure I can really say that since I haven't had it for eight years...)

To be honest, you're not missing much. >_> The only reason I have TV now is because my roommate pays for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

I didn't have TV for several years, and aside from one show in particular (which I could obtain in other ways, either legally or illegally), I don't think I really missed anything.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff