Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 pm
So ATG, or specifically, those ATG'ers that likes vidja games...in nearly every game there comes a point where you fight a big baddie. Adventure games tend to pit the weapons skills and items you've collected against your foe, RPGs often involve smacking satisfaction out of your hours of level grinding, and fighting games usually have you face off against some super tough opponent. Some fights are memorable, while others are suprisingly less satisfying....I'm lookin at you Final Fantasy X. Anyways, please share your most and least favorite video game boss fights.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 pm
I know it doesn't really count, but a memorable one for me was Mother Brain in Super Metroid. I know the second part of it is un-losable, but it was surprisingly full of feeling for a Metroid game in the SNES era.

Another favorite, is King Dedede in Revenge of the King in Kirby Superstar Ultra. Dedede took steps to make the fight differ from his old bouts, booby-trapped the ring this time, and upgraded his hammer.

Least favorite... Ultimate Nineball in Armored Core: Master of Arena and Armored Core 2: Another Age. I can't think of another boss through out the series that chewed through your AP that quickly if you had never encountered him before. Phantasma was pretty irritating then too though. Luckily neither of them had anti-missile systems, meaning if you could keep them from clobbering you and keep a lock on them long enough they were less face-rapingly hard.  

Phaeton

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 pm
Pshh! Of course Super Metroid counts. Any good boss fight is a good boss fight.

And you're the second person I know who plays Armored Core games. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:40 am
Seeing the Tower Knight for the first time and beating him down.

Then trying to defeat him another time close up like a man!

The last fight against Bowser in the New Super Mario Brothers with 3 people. Ahhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Naked Snake's final battle with The Boss. It was beautiful and tragic.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am
Oh god, yeah. The Boss vs. Naked Snake is an amazing fight.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

Chell vs. GLaDOS from Portal anyone?

I love that boss battle. I have a save just before it simply for the fact of going through it again.

( ゚ヮ゚)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm
Rica is insane
User Image

I love that boss battle. I have a save just before it simply for the fact of going through it again.

( ゚ヮ゚)

Ooooh yeah, that's a good fight. I can't wait for the sequel.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 pm
There's something about spinning Bowser around by the tail...

Even though I am a Bowser fan. ^^  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am
SuchSweetSadism

THIS.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm
emmmahy
SuchSweetSadism

THIS.

It really is pretty epic.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:55 pm
Hell yeah. The fight from Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty amazing as well  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 am
Hmm... I'd like to add anything from God of War. El oh el. The first boss encounter in the first series... One of my favourite moments.

Can never have too much head.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:04 pm
Rica is insane
User Image

( ゚ヮ゚)

I mainly love the song. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm
I have a horrible habit of just not finishing up games that I start, so I don't have as many personal stories to share ^^; Though a boss that I absolutely love fighting (even though he's kind of easy, being the first boss you fight in the game) is Hooktail from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (love the paper mario series~). It's just that part where he starts bargaining with Mario to spare him, feigns surrender, and then comes back and eats the audience XP

Also, I should probably put Shadow of the Colossus up for consideration seeing as how that entire game is essentially boss fights.

As for least favorite, I dunno. Any endgame boss in a fighting game probably counts since they're always so goddamn cheap.

invisible-weirdo

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm
Though Naked Snake v The Boss was a good fight in Snake Eater, the best fight in that game was against The End. Honestly, I made a save before that battle and kept it so I could continue doing it. I had so much fun with the sniping in it. Plus, everything in that battle just seemed so perfect. Hiding among the grass and bushes, jumping at every little twitch you see through your scope thinking it could be The End himself ready to shoot you. It was so much fun for me and actually forced me to think a more than any other fight ( especially when you're trying to get him with your tranq gun so you can get his rifle. )

One of my favorite battles of all time from a game would be against Limitless Indalecio in SO2: The Second Story. There were so many ways for him to instantly kill you if you didn't have a good group make up, or if your characters weren't itemized correctly. Plus, the way you had to know when to put distance between yourself and him during the battle or risk a full wipe was interesting.

Another of my favorite boss battles from a game would be Pre-BC Naxx Four Horsemen. Jeez that was a hard fight. 8 tanks, tons of healers, and a bunch of DPS that HAD TO KNOW WHAT THEY WHERE DOING. That entire place was so hard, and then you hit the Four Horsemen and it was like " Well ********, let's wipe here for an additional 12 hours because ******** Blizzard hates us... " So much hilarity and guilds falling apart because of that entire instance, but the 4h just topped off all the rage if you ever managed to get to them.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff