Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Character Threads
Obsessing about not-so-popular characters Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What kind of characters do you like better?
The popular ones, of course! There's a reason why everyone likes them.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The obscure ones! Just because they're not appreciated by the masses doesn't mean they aren't great.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
All of them! Why choose just one group?
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

Luna Nachtwald

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm
I'm sure you've all noticed that, almost always, a few characters get the spotlight and are adored by most fans... and then there are others who get ignored and thrown into a dark corner, with only a couple of devoted fans to cheer them up. crying

So, my question is: Is there any CLAMP character that you really like, but is overshadowed by others?

I know it happens to me... Of course I like many popular characters, but as you might have noticed (because I'm quite obvious sweatdrop ) the main object of my obsessions is no other than Clow Reed. He's usually forgotten, what with being dead and everything... even if the whole plot of CCS is his fault!

So, what about you? Any characters you wish the world would love just as much as you do?

Or are you happier with a smaller group of fans? I know I wish people would acknowledge Clow as an interesting character, but then again, I don't have to "share" him too much like this... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:20 pm
Then you may know about this website: http://www.hiiragizawa.net/fan/clow/ - A whole fanlisting for Clow Reed. So, people at this guild may not really knowledge him.. but plenty of others on the net do. ^__^

I can't say that I have a character of which I favor who isn't popular because its hard find any. Expect for maybe the other girls in CCS; Rika, Naoko, and Chiharu. I mean, you do see them in episodes quite a few times but they aren't as important like Tomoyo when she is often with Sakura more then those three altogether. Also, most the time, these girls are usually busy with something where as Tomoyo seems to spare some time to adore/be with Sakura. I think personally that they overlooked/overshadowed.

That includes Tomoyo's mother, Sonomi, as well. She isn't shown much the time either.

As for other CLAMP series.. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.  

CherubFluff
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

animerika

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:19 pm
I don't know, I kinda of like all the characters, but I suppose for characters that I like but are thrown into the shadow...I kind of like being the only person, or a person of a small group of fans, of that character because it makes them "mine" hehehe

But for the popular characters, I suppose its hard to not love the main character(s)...I mean..thats what makes them a main character sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:12 pm
I like all the characters as well ^_^  

xXblueberry_pockyXx

Dallykate
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:30 pm
I love Sorata Arisugawa to no end. xd In the series X, most people seem to swoon and adore Subaru, Seishirou, Kamui, and Fuuma. whee But I love all the other characters, too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:28 pm
I like all the characters...  

Immortalcrystal95

Dapper Dabbler

Miss Irene Adler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:10 pm
heh heh heh! ^^

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv popular ones...AND then dark-cornered ppl...but they have to be funny! XD Like....uh....hmm...can't...remember...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:17 pm
i luv maro-dashi and moro-dashi!!!!!  

Glass_Skunk

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Azira_Miko_no_Meikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:51 pm
Silverstar-Ai
i luv maro-dashi and moro-dashi!!!!!

O_O I think we all love Maro-Dashi and Moro-Danshi!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:55 pm
Damn, I love all the Characters.  

Azira_Miko_no_Meikai

NekoJo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:14 am
Satsuki from X is awesome! I like her style.^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:17 pm
I try to pay as much attention as I can to all the characters from CLAMP. It's not fair otherwise really. But sometimes I can't help it when I'm blinded by the main pretty people, lol. ^_^;  

TrishieChan

Kuroi Bara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Even though the characters are all fictional, I feel that if I play 'favorites' I'm doing against actual people. sweatdrop

So I pretty much love them all.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:39 pm
I love Rika because she is in love with her teacher, and I just think it's so sweet. Plus she seems to be really nice. But I love all the characters. XD  

firefly_dreams

little_kitty_chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:15 pm
oh my God, thank you soo much for making this thread.
yes, i love both main and shadowed characters, but there are some character i adore so much that are shadowed by the great, more popular characters.
for example:
ASKA OF FAHREN.
this is a character in magic knight rayearth, series 2.
shes a princess that attempts to take over the country of cephiro, but she is shadowed by the greatness of the other characters.
there are 3 countries trying to take over cephiro: fahren, autozam, and chizeta.
but needless to say, none of them get equal light(i love CLAMP, but thats just unfair! however, its hard to give equal light to all characters, so i cant blame them. sweatdrop ).
the order of the light thats shed upon the three invading countries:
1)autozam.
2)chizeta.
3)fahren.
as you can see, fahren is thrown into the most darkness.
however, aska is a great character. if she was the main character, or had more pages devoted to her or something, i think she'd be quite popular.
but she isnt. even though she invades and has quite a few pages devoted to her when she strikes the magic knights, she still isnt very well known.
in fact, ive only ever seen one fan page completely on her.
aska is funny, stubborn, unique, yadda yadda yadda.
shes got a crazy personality, a signature hairdo, but still, shes been given little light.
there are few pictures of her by CLAMP.
the aska and sang yun couple would most likely be foregotton in any vague couple listings of MKR.
aska is so...forgotten,even though shes such a unique character. i wish she would be...reconized one day....
-sakura  
Character Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces