Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Iron Soul, Our Last Hope [D20 Modern 1/5] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The idea behind this adventure is to allow players to experience the D20 Modern system. It is a very good system that actually allows gameplay using modernized weapon systems as well as some extra systems. Also, it isn't massively complicated either.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The setting is placed throughout the three nations that are mentioned below. Megalith - The nation that is very solid in its own defense. Almovar - The technological nation. Zerinth - The resource heavy nation. Megalith is a very rough and mountainous nation. There are not many places that are flatlands. They are either very hilly or covered in mountains. Almovar is somewhat flat, though still has several hilly areas scattered across it. It is actually better known for its massive forests rather than anything else. Zerinth on the other hand is a very flat nation. The only areas that aren't flat are the mining areas and that is due to man-made holes, shafts, craters, and other such spots in the ground.

As for the climate, Megalith is a very COLD nation. It is the furthest north of the three nations and even during the summer, temperatures are lucky to break even 60. Rain is the rarest of sights here as most of the time, it all turns to either snow or sleet before it comes down to the ground. Almovar is about your average nation. Cold during the winter and hot during the summer. And Zerinth is about the same, though it is very dry there. They also have worries due to very little rain.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
The entire adventure is based on three nations. Each of which is quite powerful in their military. One nation is heavily fortified in its defenses and its military is trained to be able to out last any attacker. The second nation, is highly technological and has developed several powerful weapons. The third nation is resource heavy and relies on its two war heavy nations for money and other necessary supplies.

Well then, the roleplay is set during a period of war. The resource heavy nation had caused a plot to unfold that put the other two nations at war with each other. By the time they figured out it was a plot, they were already reeling from several well placed attacks by the last nation.

The war has gone for several years now and the other two nations have allied with each other in an attempt to stop the last from conquering them. With their combined resources, they have developed a weapon they hope can shift this war. They call them Guardians. Massive walking monstrosities of metal. Able to lay waste to even some of the strongest of vehicles that the enemy has.

So this is the bit that begins to involve the players. As the players, you have been selected to come to a military base in a very undisclosed location. No one knows where this base is located, only the fact that there has been some new experimental weapon systems being developed. Each player will go through a single combat simulation test and if deemed worthy enough, will be granted permission to pilot a Guardian suit in an attempt to lead a counter attack that both nations hope will end this god forsaken war.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/MSRD:Modern_System_Reference_Document
Banned Resources: Please only use this site for its the only thing I have access to.

ECL: 1
Gold: Money is unnecessary in this adventure. You just have to requisition your items from the armory before your missions if you need anything.
Races: Human only
Ability Scores*: Use a 30 point buy system.
Hit Points: Always max. No rolling necessary.
Alignments: There are no alignments in a d20 modern system
Backgrounds: All players must either have a Almovar or Megalith military background. Extra note, players who have a Megalith background will be wearing artic camo when they first arrive. Almovar players will be wearing forest camo.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Machine gun weapons fight a little weird. This is a custom rule. For instance, a machine gun with 5d6 damage on the chart will actually do 1d6 damage 5 different times. So machine guns are not good at all against things with DR. But if they have any sort of armor piercing, each set of damage gets the piercing ratio, making AP much more effective for machine guns.
2] Mechs in this adventure don't have overall life. They have part health. Body, Left and Right arm, and legs. Losing anything but your body results in combat deficiency. Losing your body means your mech is scrapped and your player is probably very hurt.
3] No psionics or other such abilities. Only normal humans are allowed in this adventure.
4] If there is a weapon you would like your character to have that isn't on the weapon list, just pm me a request and I will get some numbers for you to use it. That is if I approve of its use of course.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 pm
Character Sheet

Fill out your character sheet this way so that I can understand what is what and keep it all simple.

[b][i] General Information [/i][/b]
[b] Name: [/b]
[b] Age: [/b]
[b] Gender: [/b]
[b] Height: [/b]
[b] Weight: [/b]

[b][i] Class Information [/i][/b]
[b] Class 1 - Level [/b]
[b] Current EXP: [/b]
[b] Next Level: [/b]

[b][i] Character Status [/i][/b]
[b] Hit Points: [/b]
[b] Action Points: [/b]
[b] STR: [/b]
[b] DEX: [/b]
[b] CON: [/b]
[b] INT: [/b]
[b] WIS: [/b]
[b] CHA: [/b]
[b] Reflex Save: [/b]
[b] Will Save: [/b]
[b] Fortitude Save: [/b]
[b] Armor Class: [/b]
[b] Base Attack Bonus: [/b]

[b][i] Background Information [/i][/b]
[b] Nation: [/b]
[b] Biography: [/b]
[b] Rank: [/b] ---Can be anywhere between Private through Corporal---

[b][i] Skills [/i][/b]
[b] SKILL 1: (score) [/b]
[b] SKILL 2: (score) [/b]
[b] SKILL 3: (score) [/b]
[b] SKILL 4: (score) [/b]
[b] SKILL 5: (score) [/b]

[b][i] Talents [/i][/b]
[b] TALENT 1 [/b]
[b] TALENT 2 [/b]
[b] TALENT 3 [/b]
[b] TALENT 4 [/b]

[b][i] Feats [/i][/b]
[b] FEAT 1 [/b]
[b] FEAT 2 [/b]
[b] FEAT 3 [/b]

[If something is missing, please notify me IMMEDIATELY!!!]  

raozspaz

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 pm
This guardian suit... what type of mech we talking about, Mechwarrior, Mobile Suit, or Super Robot? Or perhaps AC or Zoid? Either way, can I get a flame thrower.

My enemies must burn for their sins.

Oh yes, if you want, Myth-Weavers has a D20 Modern character sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:28 pm
Meh. I guess I could say that. For those of you that actually have a myth-weavers account, use that character sheet generator and send me the hyperlink. If you do not have an account there, then either get one or use the sheet above.

As for the mechs. They stand about 8 times as tall as man. And if you want something to compare them too, I would say they are more like Front Mission than anything else. So I guess Mech Warrior would also be good comparison.  

raozspaz

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:17 pm
Weapons Not On The List To Be Added

Name: P226
Type: Sidearm
Damage: 2d6
Crit: 20
Dmg Type: Ballistic
Rng: 40 ft
RoF: Semi-Auto
Magazine: 13 Box

Name: G36
Type: Longarm
Damage: 2d8
Crit: 20
Dmg Type: Ballistic
Rng: 80 ft
RoF: Semi-Auto, Auto
Magazine: 30 box, 100 drum

Note: Damage varies in this mode depending on the weapon being used and the type of attack you are performing.

Assault Rifles and other weapons -
Semi-Auto: Normal damage and 1 shot used
Burst Fire: +2 die of damage, single target, 3 shots used, -2 to hit.

Submachine Gun -
Semi-Auto: Normal damage and 3 shots used.
Auto-Fire: +1 die of damage, 10 shots used, - 5 to hit, missed targets take half damage. Hits a 2x2 area.
Burst Fire: +2 die of damage, single target, 5 shots used, - 2 to hit

Machine Gun
Semi-Auto: Normal damage and 5 shots used
Auto-Fire: +2 die of damage, 20 shots used, - 5 to hit, missed targets take half damage. Hits a 3x3 area.

Any weapon that has an A in its RoF column gets either burst fire, auto-fire, or both. Depending on what kind of weapon it is. Just look above.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm
Can we possibly use the d20 future advanced class 'Mech Jockey'?

Either way, I'll have something for ya made up soon.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:30 pm
thetangledweb.net has d20 Modern sheets as well  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:34 pm
@Arc: Thank you ^_^ People can use those too then.

@Raganui: Yeah. I don't see why not. You just won't be able to start out as that class since it is an Advanced Class. But you can take it starting your second level. (as long as you have 6 ranks in drive and the required feat)  

raozspaz

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:47 pm
raozspaz
@Arc: Thank you ^_^ People can use those too then.

@Raganui: Yeah. I don't see why not. You just won't be able to start out as that class since it is an Advanced Class. But you can take it starting your second level. (as long as you have 6 ranks in drive and the required feat)

Of course you'll need to be level 3 in order to have six ranks in anything. Most Advanced classes are achievable as early as level 4.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:52 pm
Oh. Duh *didn't do the math right*

So. I take it either you have done some D20 modern or just have done a lot of reading on it. XP If I could get this going, I would love to be able to get this game started and actually keep it going instead of having it die off like some games I have made on some other sites.  

raozspaz

raozspaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:45 pm
Bump.

I am still looking for four people in this game before I can get it started.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 pm
Are mecha... new to the setting with this or would they be in before... curious cause of the feat Mech Operations. If these are the first, then no one should have em.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

raozspaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:03 am
Ah. You brought up a very good point. I agree. In order to keep things true to the world, no one may start the game with ANY of the mech feats.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 pm
No one else?

Am I the only one who enjoys Mechwarrior here?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

raozspaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm
It seems to be that way ._.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items