Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4.e] Heroes of Old (recruiting) [2/5] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 am
It is a time of uncertainty and confusion in the year 2016. The world's greatest superheroes are nowhere to be found, and as a result, crime and murder have cropped up in the world's greatest cities. Where are these heroes, you may ask?

...They are trapped, roughly 1000 years in the past, in a time of sorcery and heroes. Your mission: to return to the time which you belong and save the world once again.

Overview:

Essentially, this game acts no differently from D&D in and of itself; however, the characters are actually superheroes from the future (either Marvel or DC). Basically, you are to find your way to someone or something that can bring you back and bring the peace back to 2016 Earth.

Limitations:
-Characters must be flavored to an official Marvel/DC superhero
-No doubles of heroes. This includes similar heroes (Batman/Robin/Nightwing, Iron Man/War Machine, etc.).
-Level 14, standard point-buy, normal equipment rules
-I would like to limit races to just Human, but if you can provide a logical reason for a different race, tell me.
-Books: Anything that has been released. I'm not too picky, but if asked, provide the entry where you found what I am questioning.

Current Team:
- Captain America - Arc Vembris
- (Open)
- (Open)
- (Open)
- (Open)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 am
I forgot to add, if you need any help coming up with ideas for crossing-over heroes, let me know.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:25 pm
in the past, so we're in medieval Earth?

Also, what sort of options are available for flight at 10th level, I'm not well-versed in paragon play. Can we assume certain super-strong characters have weapons like maces built-in to their fists?(or rather reflavoring a magic weapon as an unarmed strike)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:31 pm
Arc Vembris
in the past, so we're in medieval Earth?

Also, what sort of options are available for flight at 10th level, I'm not well-versed in paragon play. Can we assume certain super-strong characters have weapons like maces built-in to their fists?(or rather reflavoring a magic weapon as an unarmed strike)

Well, it isn't exactly in a historical context, if that is what you're getting after.

Not many at 10th. I could put it at 14th or so; there are options that way.

I'll allow a reflavor for things like that, but on the character sheet itself, list the weapon as is.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:38 pm
If I were, say, to play Captain America and throw my mighty shield, what shield-throwing options are there? I see the Throwing Shield in Adventurer's vault, but that's not a weapon I can use for powers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 pm
Arc Vembris
If I were, say, to play Captain America and throw my mighty shield, what shield-throwing options are there? I see the Throwing Shield in Adventurer's vault, but that's not a weapon I can use for powers.

Hmm...good point. I suppose you'd need to find an alternate weapon to use along with the throwing shield.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:53 pm
Unless you could fudge the rules on the spiked shield and allow me to use it as both a throwing shield and a magic weapon, occupying both a weapon hand and an arms slot. by RAW, you cna only do one of the other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 pm
Arc Vembris
Unless you could fudge the rules on the spiked shield and allow me to use it as both a throwing shield and a magic weapon, occupying both a weapon hand and an arms slot. by RAW, you cna only do one of the other.

Well ideally, you'd have a weapon to blend in with the crowd, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you're going for a captain america feel, I'll permit you to use the Throwing Shield as a weapon for sake of powers.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 pm
waitwaitwait . . . we're superheroes who are trying to blend in by masquerading as fantasy adventurers?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 pm
Arc Vembris
waitwaitwait . . . we're superheroes who are trying to blend in by masquerading as fantasy adventurers?

Well...yeah.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:30 pm
I'm just saying adventurers aren't the most normal-looking bunch of folks around. So long as we lay off the spandex, we'll probably pass as being from the period. Blending in sounds kinda far-fetched.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 pm
Arc Vembris
I'm just saying adventurers aren't the most normal-looking bunch of folks around. So long as we lay off the spandex, we'll probably pass as being from the period. Blending in sounds kinda far-fetched.

Well that's the idea. Essentially, you'd have a similar look to the spandex suits (insignias, etc.), it would simply be in period.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm
So, I could be 'that guy' and build Wolverine out of a longtooth shifter whirling barbarian, but I figure strikers might be easier to figure than other roles in a game like this, so I came up with Captain America as a warlord. Don't worry, I got some Dwarven Thrower gloves, so I won't need to double-enchant my shield.

I also didn't do Ghost Rider as a chain wielding swordmage with an infernal pact, although he'd make a good avenger too. Or Green Lantern as a shaper psion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:09 pm
Arc Vembris
So, I could be 'that guy' and build Wolverine out of a longtooth shifter whirling barbarian, but I figure strikers might be easier to figure than other roles in a game like this, so I came up with Captain America as a warlord. Don't worry, I got some Dwarven Thrower gloves, so I won't need to double-enchant my shield.

Looks good, but I changed the level requirement.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris

Looks good, but I changed the level requirement.

ALL MY WORK, RUINED!

gimme a bit...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas