Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bored guy seeks 3.5/3.0 mash-up campaign. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 pm
Since most of my non-core consists of 3.0 edition stuffs, but my core is 3.5, I tend to use both as sources. As I'm in a creative slump, I'm unable to DM currently. All I'm asking for is a campaign that allows either edition for sources, and that allows evil characters in the party (I'm not stupid evil guy).

Beyond that, we could have to rescue the Star Princess by releasing the Seven Sacred Unicorns in order to stop the nefarious Count Scaryperson from destroying all the chocolate in the universe for all I care.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am
And, of course, nobody answers. What a surprise. I say "I want to be evil", and now nobody wants me around.  

Slave Xaccheus

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 pm
Could be no one's seen it yet. And I know how you feel. You always seem to find people who want to be Stupid Evil instead of something useful. Unfortunately, I am going '........' on ideas for a campaign, so I can't DM. However, if someone is willing, I'd like to join Cannon in this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 pm
I am trying to pull people for a campaign idea i have on another guild...Cannon is already apart of...Though, I am also willing to do a different one if I can get people  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:38 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Could be no one's seen it yet. And I know how you feel. You always seem to find people who want to be Stupid Evil instead of something useful. Unfortunately, I am going '........' on ideas for a campaign, so I can't DM. However, if someone is willing, I'd like to join Cannon in this.

I'd be more along the lines of,

"Don't worry; the skeletons are on our side."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I am trying to pull people for a campaign idea i have on another guild...Cannon is already apart of...Though, I am also willing to do a different one if I can get people

Do not remember this idea. Remind?  

Slave Xaccheus

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:07 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Southern_cross_nemesis

Do not remember this idea. Remind?
well technically it is just a check at the moment, so many of my games don't take off the ground so I do checks to see if anyone would be interested. It is in the Dungeons and dragons 3.5 guild, the one where your level 17 campaign is. Speaking of is that one still running or did it die?

any way, In this guild I want to try to get Heaven's fall off the ground, I only stopped because of finals and christmas.

The Divine Trials, the one in Dungeon and Dragons 3.5,... It would be my first epic campaign but I am looking forward to trying it.

Southern_cross_nemesis
Every three hundred years, a group of mortal heroes are brought into heaven and is given the chance to become a god. Their very lives are put on the line for the chance to be the one, to gain this title and all the powers that come with it. The mortals must choose their paths carefully, for it is this path that says what kind of god the mortals one day will come to know…. There can be only one; do you have what it takes?

Available Sources: 3.0/3.5 wizard books
Banned Resources: 3rd party sources and no magazine stuff.

ECL: 20
Gold: 2x Standard for a 20th level person, I don’t have my dmg and I have never made a 20th level character so I have no idea if someone posts it I will be grateful
Races: I am going to leave this only limited by the wizard books, though please us some common sense. I mean if you choose to make a frost giant their leaders are typically only 3 levels under you, you are supposed to be heroes of great renown. Three levels above the common leaders of your kinsmen isn’t going to do that
Ability Scores*: Your choice 38 point buy or 4d6 7 times, drop one set, if you don't like your rolls scrap the whole 7 sets and ether roll another 7 sets or switch over to point buy. You can only scrap things once and only once, you will have to switch to point buy if you still don't like your rolls.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: MAX….one less roll for you….Aren’t I nice
Alignments: Open, I follow an open palm closed fist idea, meaning the reason behind the action dictates evil or not. For this I am opening the alignments restrictions on all classes Though, bear this in mind you don’t have the safety net you had before in just saying, I am going to kill him because he is evil and I am good…Now you have to have a reason to do something. If you go insane and start killing people for no reason…bad things will happen to your character…you are messing with gods now.
Pantheon: Open, If you want to worship a deity than it is open to you
Backgrounds: heroes don’t just a appear and are instantly known, that doesn’t mean they appear and are instantly known of ether. I mean ever watch bravehart?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo
I also know that it is hard to come up with one at times. There for I just want a single paragraph, a minimal of 3 sentances if you want more type it and I will read it, of a background. I want to know what heroic deed changed you from being a noname to a household name that, wives wish their husbands where or vise versa if you are a female...

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Cite where you got your stuff, I am not going to be looking through my books looking for, The Sword of Major Kickass, If I don’t know where I can find it within two minutes, I am going to deny your access to the weapons abilities and it will become a normal sword, not masterwork or even magical, with a strange name.
2] I am going to be trying a home brewed rule out, It goes If you roll a critical, before you roll the confirming roll, you can state you want an extra attack with the attack bonuses you just had for the crit roll or to deal the critical as normal. If the dice like you, you can do this up to your modifier…Example. Bubba is wielding a rapier, his attack roll is a critical and he chooses speed over power, his critical is confirmed and he gets a second attack. This attack is also a critical. again he chooses speed over power and again it is confirmed. But because his Critical modifier is only a x2 he only gets a plus two attacks and now his round is over. This one is on the fence, if I will keep or not...
3] Note I didn't say drop the lowest dice on the rolls....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 pm
I have ideas, but I always have trouble running campaigns here on GAIA. Either people can't get on enough to keep it going, or there is just complete disorder with how everything works out. Either way, I tend to have difficulties but I do have ideas.

This is why I usually just stick with helping other DMs beef up their ideas. >.<  

raozspaz

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm
SCN... is this a PVP setting? I kinda like working with a group more than against.

Epic... I could get behind the idea of this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:09 pm
Answered questions, Before you create your characters. First off this is more of a Co-op game. You can die and if you do. your character can't become the god. if by the end of the trials there is more than one you will be come lesser deities instead of the overlord deity

Also, we are currently running around with the idea of changing the fighter in the book to a homebrewed one, to stop everyone from creating a bloody spell slinging caster...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 pm
anyone with any idea, for a fighter varient for this high level, please post it....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:52 pm
I haven't actually read anything in this thread other than 3.0...

NERF HASTE NAO! (3.0 haste that is.)  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 pm
I'm pretty sure that spells would be 3.5 version  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm
Just gotta do equipment.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 5, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6, 6, 5, 1, 5, 6, 1, 4, 5, 6 Total: 74 (20-120)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 pm
Crap... just saw the 'didn't say drop lowest' on the die... well now I gotta at least roll 1 set... then probably change my hp.

14, 12, 15, 17, 16, 13

I'll keep it. And no needing to change anything on my character aside from adding some skills.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff