Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Some very interesting things I learned at church Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

starry night-163

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 pm
Well I learn alot of interesting things at this youth class in church and I thought I'd share some of the ones I remember mrgreen ... but I only remember two at the moment lol if I remember anymore or learn some new ones I'll post them up when I have time biggrin We have a very good teacher, you can't walk out of his class not learning something new or not understanding something because if you do it's because you didn't pay attention. Unfortuntaly he doesn't like to teach and he's only like 22 or 21 or something so he's young and doesn't like to do anything of that sort and says he would rather be one of the students so he will find ways to get out of teaching and make us play games or something gonk which I don't like but I can't do anything about it. Ok well let me tell you some of the interesting things I learned mrgreen

Interesting thing #1:
Everybody should know the story of Adam and Eve so I won't go over it all, I'll skip to the intersting part. When Adam and Eve were in the Garden there were 2 important trees, the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.. Well when Eve was tricked into eating the apple from the tree of knowledge of good and evil by the serpant she also gave some to Adam and of course because they ate it, they became aware of many things and were know cursed to die and on top of that they sinned against God because he specifically told them not to eat from that one tree so I find it funny how Adam blamed God for what happened, notice he said The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. Well when God found out that they ate of that tree, he gave them all a curse or two. To the serpant he cursed it to crawl on it's belly for however long it lives. To Eve he gave the curses of increased pain of child birth and the curse of being subject to her husband, in other words Adam will rule over her. To Adam he gave the curse of having to work the land and on top of that now the ground was cursed because of him and it will bring forth thorns and thistles and he will eats herbs. Now here's the interesting part, The Lord our God drove out Adam not Eve from the Garden however since God cursed Eve making her subject to her husband she had to follow Adam out of it and notice how God drove them out so Adam wouldn't eat from the tree of life, because if Adam ate from it, he would live forever. And there was also something about a prophesy but I can't remember the scripture he told us so I won't explain that one but the prophesy was what God told to the serpent And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel..

Genesis Chapter 3

Interesting thing #2
Now the only reason I know this one was because our teacher had I think forgot 2 remind his sister it was her turn to teach the class(he got lazy and is making us all teach a class for a day but he still explains stuff mrgreen ) so he decided to give us the class he did for new years. The text I think was Isaiah 41:10-14 or something like that, I just know it was from Isaiah(I know shame I forgot and it was only last week xd )

Isaiah 41:10-14
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
11 “ Behold, all those who were incensed against you
Shall be ashamed and disgraced;
They shall be as nothing,
And those who strive with you shall perish.
12 You shall seek them and not find them—
Those who contended with you.
Those who war against you
Shall be as nothing,
As a nonexistent thing.
13 For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
14 “ Fear not, you worm Jacob,
You men of Israel!
I will help you,” says the LORD
And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Ok everyone should know there are 365 days in one year. Well apparently there are also 365 verses in the bible that say fear not or be not afraid or something similar to it so be not afraid 365 days a year people! For the Lord our God is with you! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 pm
well that is interesting! hah ha thanks for sharing. i didn't really notice that.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm
Wow it's true what they say, you learn something new everyday. Actually one day in my youth group we were also discussing the story of Adam and Eve and one guy randomly got up and said, "If Adam and Eve didn't eat from that tree, we'd all be naked right now and we wouldn't care!" So everyone burst out laughing only to realize a few minutes later that it was true.

Think on that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:03 pm
everyone would be nudists, so what would you call people who wore clothes if that happened?  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:18 pm
How do you know the intention of Adam was to blame God? The scriptures are redundant in many forms, and Adam was merely pointing out that God was the One who gave Adam, Eve. To assume that Adam was blaming God for what happened is circumstancial at best from your assumption.

With your sighting about the second part with Adam being the only one thrown out of the garden, there are two things in play here that would change that.

First of all, women were ordered to follow their husband and required to until about 1970. So in the time of Adam and Eve, regardless if God walked with them or not, by the time Moses compiled these records together women were considered second to men. And definitely, when these records were translated by the order of King James, these records would be translated with more male influence in them than female due to the treatment of women especially in that time.

Second of all, man is the generic all encompassing term for both sexes. It has been for centuries, and it is still be used as a generic term today for both sexes.

These are interesting thoughts that you point out, but it is still very rude to think of our first parents as the "evil sinners".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm
well we are evil sinners, thats why we need God. so what should we call our first parents?  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:25 pm
I was personally taught that Genesis is all Hebrew poetry, and symbolic, and I believe that is the truth. We would be talking somewhat of a fairy tale right now if Genesis were true. At least that's what I believe.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm
lifelessdoll_13
well we are evil sinners, thats why we need God. so what should we call our first parents?

The ones who saw that we needed to become mortal. How would we learn joy without pain? How would we learn love without hate? We wouldn't, and this is an important, distinguishing factor on how God showed us love and His supreme ability to be all-knowing. He knew we needed to be mortal, so that we could learn. This is what it means when God says "know they are like gods, knowing good from evil".  

Someoneiknow

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 pm
hmm okay  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:42 pm
lifelessdoll_13
hmm okay

So then you find agreement, or are you refusing to discuss this very important issue between ourselves, and God's Plan of Salvation?  

Someoneiknow

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm
XSK Ambrosia
I was personally taught that Genesis is all Hebrew poetry, and symbolic, and I believe that is the truth. We would be talking somewhat of a fairy tale right now if Genesis were true. At least that's what I believe.

Perhaps, but are you speaking of Genesis as a whole, or just the first few chapters since Genesis goes into geneaology and tells of many things that Jews believe are true.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:47 pm
i find that everyone has a reason and an explanation, and we as humans don't always know the answer so we seek one, i'm very simplistic, your statement was very interesting and got me thinking, however there is no right answer that we as humans can come up with because we are not the mind of God, we can only assume and hope it is right. so i think when i die, i will ask God about this myself, but he would already know and before i can open my mouth he would answer me. again another assumtion.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:51 pm
lifelessdoll_13
i find that everyone has a reason and an explanation, and we as humans don't always know the answer so we seek one, i'm very simplistic, your statement was very interesting and got me thinking, however there is no right answer that we as humans can come up with because we are not the mind of God, we can only assume and hope it is right. so i think when i die, i will ask God about this myself, but he would already know and before i can open my mouth he would answer me. again another assumtion.

See, that's the difference between you and me. You say, God used to talk to man, I say He still does. He has a prophet on this earth that has taught these things. That is so very important so that you too, can fully know God's plan for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 pm
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia

Perhaps, but are you speaking of Genesis as a whole, or just the first few chapters since Genesis goes into geneaology and tells of many things that Jews believe are true.

As a whole. I don't believe at all that the Bible is a history book in ANY way at all.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:59 pm
XSK Ambrosia
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia

As a whole. I don't believe at all that the Bible is a history book in ANY way at all.

Not a history book but it has history in it? Is that kind of how you look at it?  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff