Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride: the angels on the move

Back to Guilds

This is based on the series Maximum Ride by James Patterson. 

Reply Maximum Ride: the angels on the move
Who didn't like book 6? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My Doll Heart

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 pm
I was on my Max-Dan-Wiz profile and I found an old comment thread between me and one of my friends on there and I found her rant about book 6 and it cracks me up XD So I thought I'd post it~
I told her she could go ahead and rant about it to me and....

At 10:22pm on April 22, 2010, Sallafe K said…
Really?! *Lights up*
So generous....

That was the worst book I have read in such a long time. Everyone was completely out of character, there was no freaking plot, it was rushed, did I mention out of character?, and JP put 'plot twists' in there just for the sake of it--he didn't go anywhere with them!
This James Patterson: FAIL ANGST! FAIL!!
Halfway through, I literally thought: "If this was a fan fic, I would have X-ed it out by now."

I mean....
"OHMIGAWDITHURTSSOMUCH!!"
Five minutes later: "Let's go to Vegas!"
"OKAY! Great idea!!"

Unrealistic, much? And then, like, Chu: "Guess what, guys!! I have a green head! And my name is Robert! Ha-ha, fooled you!
"Now I'm just gonna disappear! Wasn't that just clever of James Paterson?! He, like, made me have another head, and then, like, didn't do anything with it!! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, lookie at me, I'm a retard!! YAAAY."

And then Fang: "Oh, tee-hee, I had a giggle fit in Las Vegas. Isn't that, like, so 'Tall, Dark, and Mysterious?! But now I'm dead...sad face. Oh, look, there's Max! Aw, shucks, I haven't even got to write love letters to her! The rough drafts came out really good...
Oh, he-he-he, she's got a big huge needle! Gee, I really hope she happens to stabs me with that, 'cause everyone knows that if you stab a dead person in the heart with a huge needle of Adrenalin they'll just, like, come back to life! YAYAYA!! I think I'm gonna go make out with her, now..."

I mean, really? ...There is one good thing about all this, however: I kept my receipt.

...Kay, sorry. I’m done now. Got it all out.

XD I miss her~ But the last comment she left me said:
biggrin
Guess what? I just got a warning from a mod...then I sent her a snarky reply. I just couldn't help myself.
...So this may be goodbye.
*Salutes*

And I havn't heard from her since ^^"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 pm
I didn't like it much either. To me, book 2, 4, and 6 aren't as good as the odd numbered ones. But seriously, it really didn't have anything to do with anything. I lost the book a while back, but I don't miss it much. I think we should rewrite it or write the 7th book and see if we do better.
And DUDE. I like your friend XD I hate how MDW is so one-sided about the books, like, either like it or get banned. Bbuuuuut it is to promote the books ^^"""  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

My Doll Heart

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm
I like books 1-3, book 4 was annoying, book 5 was only slightly better then book 4, and book 6 was just like "The ********? =.=" It was so much like a bad fanfiction I almost couldn't finish it.

Part of my ranting about it in reply to her's was:
WTH is up with Fang?! He's all "I couldn't stand seeing you get shot at today." "I've beed shot at before" "It's worse now crying " He sounds like a girl!!! No guys talk like that!!! And to think I thought Fax was cute...

XD We so should wright the next book!~ Or not... I kinda gave up on the books after book 3 ^^;

She didn't get banned for ranting about the book~ She probly got a warning for swearing and then got banned for talking back..  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:32 pm
Yeah. I cried when he left, then I slammed it down and started yelling to the point where my mom started yelling and she got pissed 'cause I spoiled the books for her ^^"
I know! And Fang leaving kinda made Figgy harder to imagine >.<
XD We should. Yeah.. I mean, I'm still reading...
Oh XD Well... I'm so suprised I'm not banned yet. But I kinda stole and overtook my friend's account to get it ^^"  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Midnight Wings0079

5,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 pm
is it just me or are james pattersons books getting even worse?

the first few max ride books were great! but then they slowly get worse...the 6th one is the worst. the book is almost pointless, other than fang leaving and dylan joining. i dont like how fang acts at all! it just doesnt seem right...

also, dont read witch and wizard or the gift! they are the crappiest books ive ever read!!! they dont make any sense, and you get more and more confused as the book goes on. there really isnt any kind of plot or major conflict, and all the adults in the book are childish and unrealistic.

i still love the max ride series though! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm
Midnight Wings0079

also, dont read witch and wizard or the gift! they are the crappiest books ive ever read!!! they dont make any sense, and you get more and more confused as the book goes on. there really isnt any kind of plot or major conflict, and all the adults in the book are childish and unrealistic.

i still love the max ride series though! biggrin

Yes! Someone who thinks so.
His books for adults are wonderful though. They have real plots, make you think, but W & W is just awful. We'd be better off with Twilight.
And Daniel X made me cringe. My 6 year old brother could read it. I don't want him to ruin Maximum Ride, I've put so many amounts of writing and drawing in for it to turn to this DX  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

My Doll Heart

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm
KaiKashi Shion
Yeah. I cried when he left, then I slammed it down and started yelling to the point where my mom started yelling and she got pissed 'cause I spoiled the books for her ^^"
I know! And Fang leaving kinda made Figgy harder to imagine >.<
XD We should. Yeah.. I mean, I'm still reading...
Oh XD Well... I'm so suprised I'm not banned yet. But I kinda stole and overtook my friend's account to get it ^^"

XD I was like "If you're just gonna turn around and leave after all that then you may as well just stayed dead!" It's annoying when people take what they have for granted -.-
DX Figgy!!! I want it~~~~
I will to, I just pretend it never happned after XD
I think as long as you don't cuss, like at all, you're fine XD I havn't been banned yet~ But it did get two warnings ^^"""  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm
I liked books 1-3. 4 was alright, and 5 and 6 weren't that great. I think the thing that really blew it for me was the fact that now it was all like, "save the world, the apocalypse is coming and you are the few that can survive" crap. I mean, the one thing that I really liked about Max Ride was the fact that no one knew about them and they were trying to escape from the School and the Erasers and they had to keep a low profile. Then by book 4, everyone knew about them, they were trying to help stop global warming and then in 5 and 6 with the whole thing about the apocalypse is coming and Max is the only one who can stop it. Plus the whole dynamic of the flock was breaking down. Now that I think about, there are a lot of reasons I don't like Max and Fang.  

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

slutspirations

Lucky Pup

9,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:07 pm
I loved them all accept 6,it was just TERRIBLE!
Pretty much what was said in the first post (by thread maker) was everything i wanted to say. Hope #7 is better  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:45 am
1-3 was AWSOME 4 sucked 5 is cool (cas of all the Max X Fang) and 6 was ok some bits were sweet heart

im a fan so a s**t book or two does piss me off but its more number 4 i dont like than 6 sweatdrop  

animeninjayaya

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm
Emo Lunchbox o_O

XD I was like "If you're just gonna turn around and leave after all that then you may as well just stayed dead!" It's annoying when people take what they have for granted -.-
DX Figgy!!! I want it~~~~
I will to, I just pretend it never happned after XD
I think as long as you don't cuss, like at all, you're fine XD I havn't been banned yet~ But it did get two warnings ^^"""

I know! Fang was like, a total a**. I mean.. Ugh, I can't think right now, but book 6 was a blur 'cause when I finished it I never wanted to read it again.
DX We still have.. Um... Miggy? D:
Oh ^^" I don't think the mods like me. When I tried to get one, I didn't know it was reviewed, so when they said location I said, In your closet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm
lol XD Ana was telling me the other day about how much she hates Fang and she's only on book 3. She was all "Fang's an a**. -.-" and I told her Salud likes him cuz of his emo hair and she was all "I'm gonna cut off his emo hair."
*Makes horrified face they don't have an emoticon for* No way >.< That's almost as bad as Jiggy burning_eyes
Oh yeah XD I rember you telling me that. I don't think they like me either ^^"  

My Doll Heart

Anxious Friend

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:59 pm
Emo Lunchbox o_O
lol XD Ana was telling me the other day about how much she hates Fang and she's only on book 3. She was all "Fang's an a**. -.-" and I told her Salud likes him cuz of his emo hair and she was all "I'm gonna cut off his emo hair."
*Makes horrified face they don't have an emoticon for* No way >.< That's almost as bad as Jiggy burning_eyes
Oh yeah XD I rember you telling me that. I don't think they like me either ^^"

Lmao! I liked him up until book six. If Iggy leaves I'll have ntohing from the series to fangirl crying
Holy crap, they have that!? Eww >.<
Yeah. I didn't know you could withdraw the request ^^"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:57 pm
XD;; Ikr? But I don't think Iggy will leave. But I do think he'd die...
Yeah <.<"""" I found a fanfic of it and was like "My eyes!!! They burn!!!" and I think I saw a couple fanarts to when I was looking for Figgy >.>
Oh yeah XD I forgot you could di that since I've been a member for like 2 years ^^""  

My Doll Heart

Anxious Friend

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:38 pm
True. But JP has good money going for him, I think it'll be a while before he does die....
>.< Eww... There are messed up people in this world.
XD I didn't care to read it. I don't read instructions much ^^"  
Maximum Ride: the angels on the move

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces