Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
WoD: "Waking up from the American Dream" RECRUITING Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archangel486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 am
Hello all!

Angel here. If you're looking for a dark campaign that will test your intellect instead of your dice alone, you've come to the right place. The Campaign "Waking Up From the American Dream" is a full-length campaign (6mo-1yr regular play) set in the White Wolf, Ltd.'s "World of Darkness" Role-Playing Game system. Your authorized resources include all NEW WoD books (Vampire: The Requiem era), and approved books from the old WoD editions (Vampire: The Maquerade era).
Please post here if you are interested and can commit to remaining active for the duration of play.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:54 pm
Post.  

mcm

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm
Is this game from any particular line or just general WoD?

Do you have a plot to hook players with?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 pm
that all depends which side of the story the players want to play. I can play through nit with any system, but since the WoD core rulebook is is cheapest to buy (for players interested in learning a new system) I can run through it with just the core rulebook as well, making the campaign difficult, but more fun!

Please understand that I DO NOT require "advanced" WoD players to run this system. I am a very patient Storyteller, and can work to teach new players not only World of Darkness, but Role Playing Games in general. I've featured games at Ghengis Con Gaming convention in Denver, Colorado, and so I've been faced with a bevvy of players from almost every background and level of experience.

I must, however, warn potential players, if only because this is Gaia. Yes, I am an anime fan, yes, am a nerd. However, it WILL NOT bleed into my campaign at all. Period. That means both your side and mine. If I smell anime on your character, it will not be approved, end of story. Your characters must be OC's of your creation, freshly created for this campaign. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE!

There is DEFINITELY a story (long and complicated, as the best WoD Stories are).

The story begins with the Chronicle: "The St. Michael's Bridge Suicides" Where a series of strange deaths has occured on the St. Michael's Bridge in Los Angeles, California (The bridge is fictitious). The victims are seemingly unconnected, until you look closer at them, and realize that the MO is EXACTLY the same. With no witnesses, no evidence, and no way to predict who will die next, you must spring into action to figure out the morbid plot, which will place you in the middle of a twisted tale of Gang turf wars, Mafia politics, government conspiracy, supernatural influence, and the ultimate fate of Los Angeles itself.

You are all that stands between Los Angeles, and a supernatural war of attrition that would spell annihilation for the largest city on the West Coast.

Some people choose their destinies. Others have it forced upon them.
It's time to wake up from the American Dream.  

Archangel486

Archangel486

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:32 am
Still looking for players!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Hrm, smells like Children of Judas may be involved. Consider me intrigued.  

Shinta Himura

Archangel486

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:55 pm
You can theorize as much as you like, but like any good WoD Storyteller, I've got a great many twists and turns in this plot. I only hope that you'll be as clever and intuitive as you appear to be. Consider yourself welcome.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:07 pm
I shall make a character at once! Or wait until the last minute. Either or.  

Mushkiller

Archangel486

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:48 pm
Glad to have you! Please make a base New World of Darkness character. Please also cast a vote as to what kind of game you'd like to play between base WoD, Mage, Hunter, or Geist. We'll determine which template to apply after we've got 4 players.

Oh, by that I mean to say, this will be a 4-player game.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:06 pm
i would not mind playing at all i love WOD and mage this is going to be refreshing if im accepted since normally i am storyteller  

MeinaAeon

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conversationalist 100

Archangel486

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am
Very well! That's three. Please make a base WoD character, and I'm assuming your vote goes to Mage. Correct me if I'm wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:21 pm
assamite? thoughts?

Or tzmisce, I've been wanting to play one for a very, very, very long time.

Or I could try tremere.

I'd rather play something than my standard brujah molly whop.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Archangel486

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 pm
Like I said, please create a base WoD character to apply a template to once we've decided what side of this game we'll be playing. If you're tired of playing combat-based characters, I would recommend that you stray away from assamites.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:09 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, Drafting for "Waking up from the American Dream" is now over. Those people above me who have posted are now registered, and will please create a base WoD character. We will apply the character templates for supernatural later.

To do this, please click -> Mr. Gone's Character Sheets and download the 2-page NWoD interactive sheet, fill it out, and email the completed sheet and your character's (human) backstory (leading up to transformation, awakening, whatever creates your new form if we go that route) to: spartacus667@gmail.com

We will begin as soon as all of you have completed this. I want your final votes for system! (And if you don't kow the systems, just say so!)  

Archangel486

Archangel486

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm
Is everybody ready? Please email in your character sheets!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff