Good idea?
  yes
  no
  I don't care
View Results

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:37 am
First of all, If your reading this, you don't have to worry, so don't freak out on me.

In the spirit of my arch-ego "The Holiday Super-Villian", we will be weeding out some inactive members (while still actively recruiting of course).

Here's why:
Sometimes, I'll send out an invite and a person will click "join guild" thinking they are helping us out, then that's it. They go on with their gaia lives and RAWR goes on with it's. Other times, they find they just aren't interested in the guild (which is ok.)

Problem is, we spend about 3g per week per inactive person, which adds up when your talking about 1200 members.

I plan on going through the members list starting with people who have been here the longest. I will be looking for people with no posts or very few (most recent being long ago). I will assume these people are inactive and remove them. Nothing personal, just an attempt to groom RAWR into a leaner meaner stronger machine.

If someone is removed in error, PM me or just rejoin.... no harm no foul.

Also keep in mind, I'm not talking about people who have been away from the computer for awhile. I mean people who have shown little or no interest in RAWR from the start.

Let me know what you think of this.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:11 am
how many posts do we need to make to not be kicked out?  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 am
Khangshu Shan

one hundred and fifty ZILLION!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:41 am
oh craps. i goota post more. any abandonded topics will become my spam post!  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:19 am
too late, your offline. While your gone, I'm gonna delete you and ban you and change your password and unplug your computer and steal your monitor and blow up your house and cut the telaphone wires and fire bill gates and......

All just so you can NEVER POST IN RAWR AGAIN

MUHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA (or something)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 pm
*Pees my pants* WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

SLOWbro of misfortune

Fanged Wyvern

20,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:25 pm
raisedpassion
Khangshu Shan

one hundred and fifty ZILLION!!!!
no offence but you have won the 'how to be a troll' contest  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 pm
Hey guy ever heard of space your words! :p lol Question *raise hand pick me pick me! *still raising hand* Okay what if a certain someone deleted there profile and got it back and then they dont have as many posts as they did? what then cause i posted a billion times sorta not really then sis quit i got it back and uhhhh i dont want to be erased from RAWR its a big part of me life (again) sorta well getting it back

plussss i thought u stopped adding so many noobs that wouldnt do anything on RAWR? hehehe my avatar looks like a noob just sayin blaugh  

hoodedangel66

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

black_leather_biker_chick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Death may surround me......

User Image

All we have to do hooded is look at the members log and it tells how many posts they have made here in the guild. Has nothing to do with how many posts you made on gaia.

User Image

But I do not embrace it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 pm
*Capn sees no point of Gaia if she isnt in RAWR

#imjustsaying  

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 pm
@ hooded - your ok. I know the situation there.

@ black - what hooded was talking about was when 'she' quit RAWR then rejoined her posts were reset to zero. It LOOKS like she hasn't been active when really she has been.

@ Capn - There came a point of "Now what?" in my gaia career. The 'what' became RAWR. If it wasn't for RAWR, I wouldn't be on gaia either.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:08 am
Death may surround me......

User Image

I knew she was referring to that and unless gaia changed it (which they probably did) That wouldn't of changed unless we kicked her.

User Image

But I do not embrace it

black_leather_biker_chick

Noalanja

4,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 am
raisedpassion
First of all, If your reading this, you don't have to worry, so don't freak out on me.

In the spirit of my arch-ego "The Holiday Super-Villian", we will be weeding out some inactive members (while still actively recruiting of course).

Here's why:
Sometimes, I'll send out an invite and a person will click "join guild" thinking they are helping us out, then that's it. They go on with their gaia lives and RAWR goes on with it's. Other times, they find they just aren't interested in the guild (which is ok.)

Problem is, we spend about 3g per week per inactive person, which adds up when your talking about 1200 members.

I plan on going through the members list starting with people who have been here the longest. I will be looking for people with no posts or very few (most recent being long ago). I will assume these people are inactive and remove them. Nothing personal, just an attempt to groom RAWR into a leaner meaner stronger machine.

If someone is removed in error, PM me or just rejoin.... no harm no foul.

Also keep in mind, I'm not talking about people who have been away from the computer for awhile. I mean people who have shown little or no interest in RAWR from the start.

Let me know what you think of this.

I think its a good idea, but makes alot of us members feel guilty. Maybe after you delete them and they actually realize that they were deleted, they will rethink joining again and actually use there membership wisley. So, it could go either way, I dunno.....
I think it is a good idea. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:21 am
But if u delete the people that arent active since they came to RAWR i dont really think they will even notice they have been kicked truthfully  

hoodedangel66

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 am
ok then lets try this. i'm going to knock off 50 of the oldest members with 2 posts or less. If it creates problems and I get alot of PM's, it's a bad idea.

If nobody seems to care, then I'll knock off another 50. etc etc.

That and, if somebody gets knocked off who wants to be with us still... all they have to do is rejoin.  
Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff