Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAWR: Revolutionary Animals With Rabies

Back to Guilds

We Bother People 

Tags: RAWR, Animal, Noob, Attack, Grunny 

Reply Research and Development of the Guild
raisedpassions roleplay testing. feel free to post comments Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:40 am
begin testing.

don't mind me... im getting a feel for the engine here.... kinda like talking to myself but getting things sketched out too.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 am
need a few bio's to start with.....

User ImageAquarius

blah blah blah.... used to be a slave.... blah blah.... athelete, skills with security..... blah blah......

hmm..... yes... description... then the stats.... like the form.... hmm.... need a form... lets borrow zed's to start with, Zed, you don't mind do you? If you did, I'd use something else, but your not here to tell me no, so I'll take your silence as a yes.....

ZedTheThird
Name: Ai (Doesn't usually tell anyone his real name not even his own clan knows it: Aidan)

Birthday: October 31st (year known only to Ai)

Race/powers: Half Fox Demon/Half Human

Orientation: Straight

Weapons?: Claws, Has one Sword named "Gin-ketsueki"(Silver-Blood) has incredible speed, and can use fox magic. (Can transform into anyone but not for long, knows very few other element spells, can use nature spells.)

Image: (Will be posted as soon as possible)

Bio: Grew up hidden from the world in solitude with his human father. When he was still young his father was killed and he was taken to be trained to become a candidate for Fox Tribe leader. Though when Aiden got older he killed the guards for revenge for his father. He now has taken the tribe and is the current Fox tribe leader; though despite his background he cares deeply for his tribe. He still looks for his Fox Demon of a mother.

How this?

this is how my mind works actually.... all the crazy events that we do... start like this, or at least on this logic pattern..... how ANYTHING works is beyond me...

mkay.. hit the PREVIEW button....  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 am
hmm... seems to me, zed put alot of stuff on the form that would be taken care of in the bio description, I want the form to yell out important things that will need to be referenced, like stats and things.....

so lets pull down that form again and start cutting smile (sozzy zed)

hmm... name is kinda sorta already taken care of.... but i see his point, he's getting the vital statistics of a user so that the mod's can edit a biosheet if the info is left out. thats where his experience shows, me im just a noob with RP. thanks for the insight there Zed... im paying attention smile

But for now..... we cut.

don't need the name..... cuz its already listed above. Age is good.... lets move it off the form and put it below the name smile same with birthday. Gender should be seen with the pic or described in bio... cut.

Birthday: October 31st (year known only to Ai)

Species: (gonna add this one below the name)

race powers.... ooooo..... see zed, one thing your missing is WEAKNESS.... needs to be balanced smile score one for the noob. so a bit of rewriting......
Main Trade: Thief (how she makes her living)
Minor Trades: Stealth and security (other skills she can fall back on for occupation in hard times)

Strength: Athletic

Weakness: Cannot communicate well, antisocial, cannot read or write (The abilities and weaknesses will be explained in the bio, this is just a cheat-sheet for others to look at real quick.

Sorry Zed but nobody cares about her sexual orientation, its not one of those types of RP's... cut... I mean it COULD be that type of RP if ppl wanted it to.... but its not an 'at a glance thing'

add stats... erm.... for now.... lets see.... well what does morrowind have for stats? i remember that was good. OMG thats alot of stats.... thats gonna need its own post to pick thru them...

change weapons to Inventory:

Inventory: Satchel, razorblades, small wooden carving

cut image and bio

How this? GREAT Zed. I know you had no intentions of having it used this way or by me (you dont even know me at this point), but it really helped to get me started in the direction I needed to go.

ok... lets see how this looks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 am
ok lets crunch it down and see what we get (i seriously think like this... at work i just do this type of s**t in my head for 8 hours straight.... problem was, with this one, i needed computer, pencil and paper etc.. i couldnt just THINK... i needed to SEE too)  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am
User Image
Aquarius

Birthday: Unknown
Species: Cat-Human thinger, she doesn't know what her race is.

blah blah blah.... used to be a slave.... blah blah.... doesn't know her age cuz slaves don't get birthdays. She THINKS shes 21, but she's not really sure. It's been two seasons since she escaped, kept herself alive by stealing mostly.... blah blah.... athelete, skills with security (which came out on the form, very nice)..... blah blah......

Main Trade:
Thief
Minor Trades:
Stealth and security

Strengths:
Athletic, Artistic
Weaknesses:
Cannot communicate well, antisocial, no formal education - cannot read or write

Stats:

Inventory:
Satchel
Razorblades
small wooden carving

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:58 am
hmm.... that actually looks like something.... thats nice smile smile smile

ok now lets take a look at the stats.... which of the morrowind stats are important to the dice right now?

level (yes theres going to be levels for the characters smile smile smile You will start at level 0, complete the training which consists of setting up your bio, stats, information about the world, how to move etc, and a sample fight to get you used to the dice. NOW your a level 1. after that, level = 25 posts + 5(level).... so its going to take five more posts than the last time to level higher... no bumping or other goober noob s**t will apply to leveling.

Stregnth Carrying capacity directly relating to speed and encumberment.

Intellegence: IF magic finds its way in.... magic is a good way to put the smaller animals on the same playing field with predators and humans but so far im trying to keep the RP as real life as possible.... when was the last time YOU saw a bunny cast a fireball while walking in the woods? Myself, I'd be running like hell. for the timebeing however, i dont have the answer to make a bunny balanced with a wolf. There might be NO solution to that problem, idk....

Agility: renamed to DEXTERITY: The reaction time of a character to say, dodge a punch

Speed: used in conjunction with stregnth to figure speed of movement and encumberment. Might cut it cuz its easy to confuse with speed.

Endurance: HP, Health.... whatever.... while im thinking of it,

Weight: should be needed in certain comparisons, along with figuring the daily requirements for food. speaking of which, im hungry.

Hunger: duh. (yes, characters will need to eat in this one.) It will factor into everything as a multiplier, and it will be possible for a character to become injured or die due to starvation. After hunger hits 100 percent, HP starts dropping.

Personality: maybe for dealings with NPC's

Luck: maybe.....

Skills
Axe: 245,700
Marksman: 15,700
Long blade: 15,000
Short Blade: 32,850
Blunt Weapon: 15,000
Spear: 35,600
Light Armor: 45,005
Heavy Armor: 45,000
Medium Armor: 100
Hand - To - Hand: 22,900
Block: 110,500
Armorer: 44,500
Athletics: 210
Enchant: 10,000
Destruction: 10,000
Alteration: 10,000
Illusion: 10,000
Conjuration: 10,000
Mysticism: 10,000
Restoration: 10,000
Alchemy: 100
Unarmored: 105
Security: 100
Sneak: 100
Acrobatics: 200
Mercantile: 10,000
Speech Craft: 7,595

hmm..... tempting..... i could put a 1 to 10 rating in there for a weapon persay... a multiplier of.... ooo.... damage..... which would be..... unfortunately a ripoff of morrowind, but, would be nice cuz the more you used the weapon, the more damage you would cause with it cuz the better you'd be with it... makes sense... if i can keep the equation simple.

For now im going to drop the weapon / skills multiplier (KISS).... i might add it or something similiar later.

but then again, i WILL need something to test whether or not my girl can pick a lock....

FOCUS.... too complicated right yet and the ships already sunk....

Ok, so lets add the stats to the bio page.. btw, 100 on the stat is equivalant to human. Each animal type will have its own type of starting and top stats based on real life research. For instance, a bear runs 30mph while a human runs i think 7... dont qoute me, off the top of my head here.... so that would be a base speed rating of 428 to keep a bears run in line with a humans.... see how it works? Then im going to give you say, 50 points to throw over your character anywhere you want them.... then again, a human should start at 90 cuz some humans are smarter than others, or slower, etc....

anyways, lets see how this looks on the bio now.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 am
User Image
Aquarius

Species: Cat-Human thinger, she doesn't know what her race is.

blah blah blah.... used to be a slave.... blah blah.... doesn't know her age cuz slaves don't get birthdays. She THINKS shes 21, but she's not really sure. It's been two seasons since she escaped, kept herself alive by stealing mostly.... blah blah.... athelete, skills with security (which came out on the form, very nice)..... blah blah......

Main Trade:
Thief
Minor Trades:
Stealth and security
Strengths:
Athletic, Artistic
Weaknesses:
Cannot communicate well, antisocial, no formal education - cannot read or write

Stats:
level 1
Strength 30kg
Agility: 90
Speed: 90
Health: 600
Luck: 90
Personality: 90
Combat Ability Multiplier: 1.0
Defense Bonus: 0
Base Hit: 12

Hieght: 1.65m
Weight: 60kg
Daily Food Requirement: 6kg (to fill the blank really)
Type of food eaten: Anything, meat preferably cooked

Inventory:
Satchel
Razorblades
small wooden carving

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 am
so far i already see holes in the skills.... nothing describes her ability to pick locks or stealth abilities... so a roll on any of these items would be useless... or at least "standard"....

also on the hunger / food issue, im using the word "daily" to fill in a blank really. Hunger will derive from posting and mostly rolling (action events require calories). Daily wouldnt work cuz we don't want you to come back on gaia after two weeks and find all your characters dead due to hunger... thats stupid

ok but for now, we are just looking at the combat side of the dice so lets leave those extra needed skills out.....

now we need another character for her to fight.... hmm.... well, this is RAWR, we are crazy, ubsurd at times..... AND i want to give the engine a real good run for its money, so I'm left with only ONE option lol....  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 am
wellll wait here.... before i make her rival..... i need to really consider some stuff here....

Im adding this stuff to the profile above, so thats why it looks like i've already thought of it.... i HAVENT, im just going back in time too smile

attack.... well, a base attack then maybe an attack # added to a weapon if used.... for example, 10 base +15 vorpal blade = 25 someday maybe adding in a multiplier for her experience with blades.... (base + weapon) experience = attack..... ok getting confusing..... lol....

so ya... lets just do a regular base attack for now.... then again, now that i look at it, her strength could be her attack.... erm.... but i know strong ppl who cant fight worth s**t and weak ppl who kick a**..... cuz that strength = attack thing would be saying all body builders could kick jet-li's a** in real life..... which isnt true.... ok attack is in.

defense? hmm...... i dont have enough cereal to eat breakfast with... not good....

then again.... defense and attack could just be multipliers of stregnth and agility. your not going to defend yourself well if your not quick, and how much you know about defending yourself is your multiplier...

ya, ok, that makes sense.... and for low level ppl, the multiplier is low cuz they havent been in the world long enough to really know how to fight or defend..... nice.... i like that.

I spose if you have someone or someTHING thats really tough, as in thick skinned..... you could raise the defence multiplier...... just ******** with the numbers till it looks right?? sigh..... see, im thinking about a stegasaraus here..... its slow as s**t, so the agility being low would kill its defense HARDCORE, but in real life, it would be tough, not weak.

for now, lets just stick a toughness bonus number in there..... like this....
Attack = Attack - ToughnessBonus
If Attack < 0
then
Attack = 0

(you see my programming background coming out a bit lol)

So, now..... if you punched a thick skinned stegosaurus, its going to laugh at you.... but it wouldnt have much defense from a Trannysauraus Rex which is going to have mega damage compared to a human punch.

Yes, the armor plates are a factor, but we'll have to work on armor later.

Ok, i think i can do my rival bio now.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 am
User Image
Godzilla

Species: Dinosaur-like monster created by nuclear testing.

If you don't know this guys background, somethings wrong with you.

Main Trade:
City Renovation
Minor Trades:
Earth Defense from large alien monsters
Strengths:
Atomic Breath, enomous size, tough hide, advanced healing properties, powerful tail, sharp teeth and claws
Weaknesses:
Dumb as a box of rocks. Godzilla's body emits radiation, contaminates water sources, can create mutations in other creatures. Vulnerable to electricity however lightning recharges him. cadmium

Stats:
level 1
Strength 25000000kg
Agility: 10
Speed: 90000
Health: 900000000000
Luck: 90
Personality: 90
Combat Ability Multiplier: 1.1
Defense Bonus: 10000000
Regeneration Bonus: 100000000
Base Hit: 2750001

Height: 50-100m
Weight: 20,000-60,000 tons
Daily Food Requirement: 50,000 tons
Type of food eaten: meat, nuclear radiation

Inventory:
nothing. Godzilla doesnt appear to need anything.... EVER..... jeez

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:50 am
oh dear.... looks like our girl is in for a whoopin..... I had no idea Godzilla had so many STRENGTHS..... theres just nothing there for her to capitalize on, but then again, Godzilla was created as a warning that ******** with radiation is a bad thing....

sigh....

I mean, even coming near him would be enough to kill her with him all "emitting radation" and all.....

I mean, not that i thought she had a chance at all....

but still..... lol

ok lets get down to business with the engine while i wait for black to come home. (soon as she gets home, I QUIT.... i need a break).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 am
ok.... combat is going to be on a turn basis. one person attacks then the other... not going to be Aquarius hitting godzilla like 4 times in a row..... one for her, one for him, one for her again....

although dexterity should factor in somewhere there..... then again, maybe putting godzilla's dex at 900 was too high.... lets change it to 10.... i mean i dont really know how to call it. if you look at it from the aspect of meters/second, godzilla is really fast compared to her....

but on the other hand, it seems like it would take time for godzilla to move compared to her....

I mean, compare it welll wait a minute... dex is just the reaction time, so it would be slow as hell. (changing dex to 10).... renaming it to (reaction time) just to keep it simple.

ok that seems to reflect a real life encounter now.... its going to take longer for Godzilla to react to a human, or take longer for a human to react than a mouse..... ok. like a housefly might have 10,000 reaction time, NEVER surprise that b***h.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am
ok.... so..... lets figure they are already there, toe to toe.... Aquarius is going to die anyways, so we'll give her the first move.

ok so shes going to attack (stupid b***h needs to RUNNNNNN) but wierd things happen here in the arena i guess......

Ok, the stupid b***h attacks.....

First thing that the dice needs to figure out is "will the attack land? or will it be blocked?"

well..... we need something more than just reaction time there.... O i see the attack.... so what? lets look closely at the definitions of dexterity and agility.

Definition of DEXTERITY
: mental skill or quickness : adroitness
: readiness and grace in physical activity; especially : skill and ease in using the hands

Definition of AGILITY
: the quality or state of being agile

ok so whats agile?

Definition of AGILE
: marked by ready ability to move with quick easy grace
: having a quick resourceful and adaptable character

so agility is the quality we are looking at. reaction time might not be needed at all.

mind you, im changing the 2 bio's as i type, so your looking at "end result" bio's posted above which is kinda wierd, but better than me reposting the bio pages with each change i make.

Ok... now.... lets see..... attack land or blocked.... ok... So really we are comparing the attackers agility to the defenders reaction time and agility. the defender has to SEE the attack, then react to it.... all before the attack lands.

SO THAT MEANS.... that if the attack is begun from a hidden location such as an ambush, it will automatically land (excluding accuracy issues for now).

so maybe we need to have an accuracy attribute too? no, that could probably be accepted in the attack multiplier.... for ease of the dice i mean.

no cuz the attack will ALWAYS hit.... and thats not good.

REMINDER TO SELF -WORK ON "MISS" LATER- its gotta be simplistic yet functional. I don't see an easy solution to it right now.

That would be nice though.... having Aquarius in an ambush position, totally unseen, throwing a rock at the enemy..... only for it to MISS and go "THUD" onto the ground..... lol that would suck.

ok back to biz though, attackers agility < defenders reaction time + agility.

with that equation, defenders agility is backwards....

reaction time needs to be reworded... lower is better whereas everything else, higher is better.... thats confusing.... see if i can find an antominoum

no antonym for reaction time... lets just drop that attribute for the timebeing and conglomerate with agility. is conglomerate a verb? i dont think so.

so lets try: attackers agility > defenders/2 or no..... that wont work at all...

welp... i think ive hit a stumping block... but i'll work with it a few more minutes.

ok lets walk this thing thru piece by piece here.... we need a yes or no comparassion thats going to be simple to calculate and works for any numberset. so the 2 numbers come together and if the rolled number is higher, attack is successful. so.....

attackers agility - defenders agility/2
90 - 10/2 85 erm... part of the problem the differences are so extreme.... lets see what happens if she attacks herself
90-90/2 =45

something really funny is happening here..... cuz if you REVERSE it and have godzilla attacking HER.... it goes
10 - 90/2 = -35

erm.... talking it thru with black showed me the problem

try this....
1/90 - 1/(10/2) or .0111 - 0.2.... ok problem.... but putting a 1 over top the agility converts the agility to a unit of time. notice that the lower agility took longer. 0.0111 compared to 0.1 doing 10 instead of 1 on top would move the decimal as needed. good part is, no matter how high agility goes, it will still be convertable to a unit of time.

now to convert that number into something useable.

lets try...

1000/(10/2) -1000/90 = 50 - 11.111 or 48. not right yet....

me, im out of here for now.... most likely i'll figure it out in my sleep or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:15 pm
ok.... back... lets see where i was and whats going on lol (just woke up)  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:33 pm
ok ive been looking at some D&D s**t with no help. I mean, i really feel like im reinventing the wheel here....

but still.....

lets take a look at it from the other direction and start working on determining a fair amount of hit points that will be dealt on an attack....

for something like a punch or weapon attack.... lets see......

your really looking at a strengh agility type thing.... how much speed can you put into the punch etc.... then fighting skill along with hunger factors.... encumberment.... gawd.... finally factored by the attack multiplier....

MENTAL NOTE: tempted to derive the attack and defense multipliers from the level.

ok so lets add the strength to the agility then multiply by the multiplier to get a base attack rating..... we can change the multiplier later

head hits desk.....

hmm.....  
Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas