Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
More questions. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:18 pm
User Image

What did you think I was done asking?
XD
kiddin'

Anyway.

#1. Am I sinning since I plan to go to college to become a teacher, instead of being a housewife?

#2. Piercings, I have eleven of them. I was always told that it was alright to have them, people that I've gone to church with have them. Is it a sin to have them?

#3. I was always told that it was a sin to marry outside of your race. Is that true?

#4. Is it a sin that my fiance and I see each other as equal and make decisions together instead of him making the decisions and me pretending to be Martha Stewart or something?

#5. Is it a sin to not follow the Bible completely? Like will you go to Hell if you don't?

#6. What happens to the people who have never even heard of Christ like some people in Africa in some village or way before Jesus's birth?
Will they be in Heaven, it isn't their fault that they were ignorant.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm
User Image

I wanted to ask those questions for awhile now.
I need to know.

Anyway about the whole teaching thing.
I want to be an elementary teacher, I want to teach at Christian school and spread the word to the little ones.

And I hate the thought of being a housewife, I hate it!
I hate staying at home all the time, I need to work or i go nuts.
I want to be smart and make my own living.
Never will I be a housewife! o.0"
It's just not for me,
I'd rather be locked up in prison or something than be bound to a house.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 pm
I love your questions!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 pm
Azkeel
I love your questions!!!
User Image

O really?
I thought I was going to stir up a lot of emotions and cause some fights. XD
Wanna take a crack at answering them?

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

I need to know.

I want to be an elementary teacher, I want to teach at Christian school and spread the word to the little ones.

It's just not for me,

User Image
Be a missionary and teach in Africa  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 pm
Azkeel
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

I need to know.

It's just not for me,

User Image
User Image

No. I cant leave my family. My niece and nephew need me.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:54 pm
Testicular Diabetes
Azkeel
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

I need to know.

It's just not for me,

User Image
User Image

No. I cant leave my family. My niece and nephew need me.

User Image
Interesting stuff. I'll have a crack at your questions lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:58 pm
I'm not going to answer them right now though lol. So I shall move on to other topics not in this thread haha (Sorry)  

Azkeel

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:00 pm
User Image

Thats cool, I think I might be hitting the hay soon anyway.
I'm really sleepy. XD
Thanks! ^^

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

Thats cool, I think I might be hitting the hay soon anyway.
I'm really sleepy. XD
Thanks! ^^

User Image
Alrighty goodnight. PM me anytime  

Azkeel

starry night-163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am
I know I got's the answers to your questions(same ones I had before xd ) but yeah it's late and I gotta go soon so I'll tell you sometime tommarrow! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 am
To put it shortly,

no; no; no; no; no it's not a one-way ticket to Hell; and no they probably won't go to Heaven.

Jesus said to love God, and love others. If you are acting in a way that isn't love, that would be sinning. Anything else doesn't matter.
Also, the whole point of Jesus' teaching was to bring forgiveness to SINNERS. Sin will never keep you from heaven as long as you understand the weight of Jesus' death and resurrection, and seek repentance.
It is good to be righteous, but it is better to be humble in your unrighteousness.

And the ONLY way to get to Heaven is through Jesus.
Some people think that it isn't fair for people who've never heard of Christ to die.
But if everything was fair, if everyone got what they deserved, we'd all be going to Hell. No matter how ignorant or learned we are, we still aren't deserving of God's glory and love. We only have it because, well, we are very lucky and very blessed.

Personal opinion: If you wanna be a teacher, follow your dreams. This isn't the world of biblical times when a woman HAD to be somebody's wife or somebody's daughter. Being a teacher is a great and important job.
After I finish college I hope to become a high school teacher myself.
Also, I'm terrible at cooking and cleaning and housewife stuff anyway. Why be something I'm not good at? xp  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

What did you think I was done asking?
XD
kiddin'

Anyway.

#1. Am I sinning since I plan to go to college to become a teacher, instead of being a housewife?

There is no law that says women have to be housewives. You can choose to have a career.

Quote:
#2. Piercings, I have eleven of them. I was always told that it was alright to have them, people that I've gone to church with have them. Is it a sin to have them?

No, the scriptures never say no piercings. They do say your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost and should be treated as such, but the ball is left in your court to decide how and what you do to your body.

Quote:
#3. I was always told that it was a sin to marry outside of your race. Is that true?
No, it's not.

Quote:
#4. Is it a sin that my fiance and I see each other as equal and make decisions together instead of him making the decisions and me pretending to be Martha Stewart or something?
A husband and a wife are supposed to be equal to one another. The man is above the woman and the woman is not above the man. They hold equal grounds in the relationship. You are supposed to make decisions together otherwise your relationship will not work.

Quote:
#5. Is it a sin to not follow the Bible completely? Like will you go to Hell if you don't?
The Bible is God's Word and Jesus says "If ye love me, keep my commandments." If the Bible says don't do some thing, then don't do it. As for you going to hell, I cannot decide because that is not my place. I leave that decision to God Himself.

Quote:
#6. What happens to the people who have never even heard of Christ like some people in Africa in some village or way before Jesus's birth?
Will they be in Heaven, it isn't their fault that they were ignorant.

I was just studying this type of subject the other night and this is what I have found out. First of all, I don't believe that one can sin in ignorance nor can they be saved in ignorance. If you never knew Christ or heard of Him, then you're not punished or rewarded for that. Second, sin in the most basic sense is disobedience to the laws of God and in this strict sense sin may be committed in ignorance. However, from the scriptural doctrine of human responsibility and the unerring justice of God, that in his transgressions as well as in his righteous deeds, man will be judged according to his ability to comprehend and obey the law. For sins committed without knowledge-- that is, for laws violated in ignorance-- a propitiation has been provided through the sacrifice of the Saviour; and sinners of this class do not stand condemned, but shall be given the opportunity yet to learn and to accept the principles of the Gospel. (If that made no sense, I will clarify my standpoint better sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 am
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

I need to know.

It's just not for me,

User Image

There is nothing wrong with that. Every one hast their own personal preferences for what they want and need for their lives.

I am a housewife, and I love every minute of it. I have a beautiful daughter and another baby on the way. I wouldn't trade raising my kids and spending time with them for any thing in the world. I don't look at this choice as being confined to the house. I can come and go as I please. I chose to stop working because I felt it was the best thing for my daughter when she was born and I can say, from personal experience, that being a housewife and a stay at home mom, is more challenging and hard work than working in any job out there is.

But every one is entitled to their opinion.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 am
User Image

It's a big relief to have those questions answered.

I had people telling me that women were not suppose to work or go for higher education.
They kept telling me it was a sin.

I have nothing against housewives but it just isn't for me.
I want to go to college for many things. I also want to take classes at the community education building in town.
I have this undying feeling to learn.
I love learning and making good grades.
I feel like God wants me to learn many different things.

I've tried the whole staying home, cooking and cleaning and it was just heck for me.
I was sooooo bored and I felt like a prisoner in my own house.
I'm sure it has it's rewards like getting to stay at home with your children, always having a clean home, stuff like that but I dunno.
Maybe I'll change my mind later in life?

I cant wait to start college though, I start in January. ^W^
I want to be a teacher more than anything! ^^

User Image

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out