Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e Eberron] City of Towers NO LONGER calls for heroes! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:31 pm
I have need of new heroes to join my Eberron game. 3 slots are available currently!We're good, thanks for showing interest!

This game allows all content from 4e books and Dragon articles.

If you're not familiar with the setting,
Wikipedia
Eberron is a campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, set in a period after a vast destructive war on the continent of Khorvaire. Eberron is designed to accommodate traditional D&D elements and races within a differently toned setting; Eberron combines a fantasy tone with pulp and dark adventure elements, and some non-traditional fantasy technologies such as trains, skyships, and mechanical beings which are all powered by magic.

TVTropes
Eberron is the newest setting for Dungeons And Dragons. It's a Dungeon Punk setting influenced by pulp serials, Indiana Jones and Film Noir, as opposed to classical High Fantasy. Eberron has taken a different path compared to most D&D settings in that it averts and subverts most classical D&D tropes (Color Coded For Your Convenience for example).

The setting focuses on the continent of Khorvaire, which has just concluded a hundred-year long war between five nations that has left a once-unified kingdom shattered. But even though the articles of peace have been signed, everyone knows that the enmity still lingers, and a new Cold War is being fought in the shadows of the four remaining thrones. The world of Eberron is full of Chessmasters, from the lowly mob boss that wants to rule the underworld of his city to an entire race of extraplanar Eldritch Abominations that have used a century-long Xanatos Gambit to bring an entire continent under their control. And above of all this is the mysterious Draconic Prophecy and those who seek to control it; and by extension, the very fate of Eberron itself. Cue the Big Damn Heroes.

Play starts at level 2 with standard equipment for that level, standard array or 22 point buy for stats.
New to Eberron, new to 4e? no problems! Come join our heroes as they foil a demon-summoning terrorist deep within the bowels of Sharn, City of Towers!

!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:05 pm
I'm definitely interested, making a Warforged something. What other characters are there in the game? Can you give me some info on the campaign?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
I'm definitely interested, making a Warforged something. What other characters are there in the game? Can you give me some info on the campaign?
warforged artificer, dwarven ranger, and a human swordmage.

you can read up what's happened in the subforum. the short version is that the party was hired to play security for the anniversary of the day of mourning, a demon showed up, and most of the party and several guests didn't survive.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 am
I'll lend a hand.
I'm sure my drow monk will be welcomed?
(If you couldn't tell, I love drow. Particularly neutral drow. Evil is fun too.)
Whats the level, and where do I make my rolls?  

Laelless

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:26 am
Laelless
I'll lend a hand.
(If you couldn't tell, I love drow. Particularly neutral drow. Evil is fun too.)

Quote:
Play starts at level 2 with standard equipment for that level, standard array or 22 point buy for stats.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 am
Laelless
I'll lend a hand.

I should point out that drow in Eberron are a little different than in other settings. They come from the mysterious jungle continent of Xen'Drik. There are different factions of them depending on how they feel about their slavery to giants millennia ago, but the most accessible are the Qaltiar, who are hunters that model their lives after their scorpion god Vulkoor. They're generally unaligned and are fiercely loyal to family/tribe.

You are welcome to use the revised drow from Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms((+2 Dex and +2 Cha or +2 Wis, choose either Darkfire or Darkness, not both))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Laelless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm
Arc Vembris
Laelless
I'll lend a hand.

I should point out that drow in Eberron are a little different than in other settings. They come from the mysterious jungle continent of Xen'Drik. There are different factions of them depending on how they feel about their slavery to giants millennia ago, but the most accessible are the Qaltiar, who are hunters that model their lives after their scorpion god Vulkoor. They're generally unaligned and are fiercely loyal to family/tribe.

You are welcome to use the revised drow from Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms((+2 Dex and +2 Cha or +2 Wis, choose either Darkfire or Darkness, not both))

I know. I play DDO, so I have a relative understanding of their background. I should have a character either by the end of today or tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:21 pm
OI ARC. How much money do I get again? 300-something? Any magical items I get? 'Tis the only thing left with me character.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:45 pm
standard for level 2: 520gp, and a level 1, 2, and 3 item  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm
Arc Vembris

Done. Here's Nevitash, Invoker of the Sovereign Host.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris

He looks good. Just a note: the incoming party will be investigating something. Whether that means you're inquisitives or not is up to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris

He looks good. Just a note: the incoming party will be investigating something. Whether that means you're inquisitives or not is up to you.
Alrighty. You'd have to tell me WHEN to post, though, since I don't wanna just poof in just like that.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:05 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris

Alrighty. You'd have to tell me WHEN to post, though, since I don't wanna just poof in just like that.

Immediately would be ideal.

I still have one slot open!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm
what one would be better for a cleric to get early; Defensive Grace or Defensive Healing Word?

I am kind of new to 4e and to me. these two look identical isk. Also is their different gods in Eberron? Cause I am looking for one to go with my character.

What I have already  

Alzzak

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm
Alzzak
what one would be better for a cleric to get early; Defensive Grace or Defensive Healing Word?

I am kind of new to 4e and to me. these two look identical isk. Also is their different gods in Eberron? Cause I am looking for one to go with my character.

What I have already
Depends on what you're after, but since you're a leader, and your thing is buffing and healing the party, Defensive Healing Word is what you'd want. Both do the same thing, only the former affects YOU and the latter affects an ALLY.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff