Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Unlikely Heroes [OOC] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 am
This game, I am looking for players that aren't going to make your shining heroes of good. This isn't an evil game however, just more... alignment unused. Too long have I seen people with low scores and not really play to their abilities. To quote one DM:

Quote:
I have to say that, typically, when I see a character with a very low charisma, I generally brace for someone of average social skills and a deceptive description. Many players would take a high strength score and write of “rippling muscles“ or a high dexterity and speak of how “graceful“ the character is.

Just for one example. But you'll have people with low con but they are perfectly healthy, and seem physically fit. Or people with low int or wis and no issues in many situations.

Then there's always the seeming lack of vices in good characters. They're always, for the most part, pretty darn good guys with seemingly no flaws. Now, I've seen many people around this guild that it doesn't apply to, but some have. And for the most part, it makes me sad.

Where for art thou, oh paladin with a wandering eye? Or the cleric who joined a certain deity just so he could get drunk at work? Maybe the mage who is only doing this for research purposes, such as answering the all important question, "How well do Zombies burn?"

The ranger who is a master of the outdoors, only because he's a treasure hunter. And all the others. It's quite an endless list.

And now, for hard rules.

[ Accepted ]

* Grim Grub Grot
* Stoney
* Sabin Albarn
* Bianca
* Sapphire
* Kivenna

[ Setting ]

It's a hard world you live in. Wars happen, royalty is too busy with borders to pay attention as the nobility lives off the labour of the lower classes. Basically, all is pretty much how you'd except normal western fantasy to be. Farmers farm, traders trade, merchants make a living by trying to buy low and sell high. To survive, you either have to work hard, or be cunning... or just be one of the lucky guys who's born wealthy.
-
This is a low magic setting, as such science has progressed, meaning I'm allowing the use of guns. Most common 'magic' is merely alchemy. Few clerics actually receive magic from the deities they worship, making those that do special and given the title of crusaders, normally sent out to the wars to fight. Mages are normally school trained, which is expensive and takes a long time. They to are normally sent towards the borders, though diviners stay in capitals mostly, to be used as spies and messengers.

This means that magic items are going to have to be found and going into a shop doesn't allow you to just go '+1 sword plz' and get it. You'll have to take gambles. Or make your own items. So, who's crazy enough to try to continue to survive here, where there are no shining paragons of hope?

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: SRD. Anything beyond that is 'talk to me'.

ECL: 3, no templates.
Gold: Gear will be given based on class and race.
Races: Core, bestiary (depending on race). Please note, discrimination is in effect, but that can just make things more interesting.
Ability Scores: Roll, 4d6, 7 times, drop lowest (die and final rolls). Yea, no point buy due to wanting people to have to work with not perfect characters.
Hit Points: Max first level, roll after.
Alignments: There isn't any. However this isn't going to let you go barbarian/monk/paladin/bard/druid ect. Classes are more mindset based, so if you're a bard, you're probably free spirited and like to wander, especially if the husband catches you in bed with his wife. As such, the bard wouldn't be able to, mindset wise, handle the training of the monk.
Pantheon: Custom pantheon, tell me your character type if you want to worship a god, I'll give you a deity list that may be suitable for him or her.
Backgrounds: Not required, but it may help me out.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1. At level 5, 10, 15... you get the pattern right? You'll need a trainer. Right now, you're crude. At 5, you'll get some basic training and some, style. Less random swinging, more calculated strokes, so to speak. Spellcasters will have it harder, but hey, they get decent power. Now I know you're thinking 'But Rag, Sorcerers are innate casters and barbarians just flip out and kill stuff'. True. But Sorcerers that don't find a sorc to train them to control their power, will be a Wild Mage, meaning that I get to have random effects happen, which may or may not be beneficial. And barbarians have to learn to harness their rage for their powers.

2. Crafting. It's not a 'make a check, spend gold and months' ordeal. You will have to buy material or find it, and borrow a forge or perhaps get your own. Knew a person who's group decided to go around with a mobile alehouse (tavern), so you could get a wagon to use as a mobile forge. Craft checks won't be used, but the skill will. Your total craft mod will determine your ability. The higher it is, the easier and faster you make things. Higher mods also allow for crafting of non-standard material, such as mithril, adamantine, dragonskin, ect.

Also, don't forget that crafting things from monsters may be useful too. Like Ankheg armor is acid resistant. Try different things, keep a journal of what does what. Research it in game.

3. Social skills. Kinda the same as crafting. Except while your skill has some effect, what you say and do during the game effects things. No 'I'm rolling bluff to lie about stealing this item'. I want to see you post an actual lie, and what you do during it. My NPCs actually have common sense.

4. Just to reiterate, I want to see characters that are... well... alive! I want people who have vices, who I can actually feel as if it's a person and not just a character in a story. You know you're doing good if even you are surprised by what your character does.

5. Due to the lack of Alignment, paladin's will get something based on their deity to replace smite evil and detect evil.

So, anyone want to try?  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 1, 1 Total: 10 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 am
Heh. You miss Trebogad that much, Raga? I'll take a swing.

First roll: 9  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 1 Total: 12 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 am
Should've asked if there were reroll conditions....
Second roll: 11  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 4, 4 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 am
Granted, that would be missing the point of it all.
3rd Roll: 14  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 6 Total: 16 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am
But hey. a 14 is a decent start. Donno what I'm going to make. Should I revive that Druid from that island campaign?
4th Roll: 13  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 6, 3 Total: 16 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 am
Or his descendant. I need to get away from the Lightning Bruisers I've been using recently.
5th Roll: 14  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 1 Total: 12 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am
Hrrm...I have an idea.
6th Roll: 11  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 2 Total: 11 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:34 am
I only need the dice to support it.
7th Roll: 9  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 am
9,11,14,13,14,11,9 dropping one nine.
Gonna see what I can do with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm
Wow. I'll give you a single die reroll.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 5, 5 Total: 14 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm
Let's see if I can make the most of it then.

Better than a slap in the face. May wind up with a lightning bruiser anyways.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 am
Good luck Fox.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PMChapmanii rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 2, 5, 3, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4 Total: 70 (20-120)

PMChapmanii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 pm
there is a feat that must be taken at first level human, it makes all skills class skills. can I take it?

roll's:11, 13, 13, 14, 10  
PMChapmanii rolled 8 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4, 2 Total: 27 (8-48)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm
sense I'm asking I may of well ask for something home brew.
can I take it as an half-elf?
are bloodlines templates?
roll's:11, 13, 13, 14, 12, 11.  

PMChapmanii

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 pm
This is Pathfinder.

I may allow minor or intermediate bloodlines.

As for that feat... what?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces