Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 3.5 Heaven's Fall Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am
The The Bells of the Union Temple rang out a crossed the empty streets of Heaven's Fall. Sounds of laughter, cheering and other joyful sounds erupted, as the doors the temple bust open. Lord Alister, the gentle and kind lord of the village, had just gotten married. The Lord was always beloved by his subjects, 'To serve the people, first and never dominate them.' It was the way his father ruled before him and the way he followed. Since he took the title form his father, he had fought tooth and nail for the people of the village. Like last year when three kids was kidnapped, the Lord lead a raid against the kidnappers. Or four years ago, when But, today wasn't a day to fight,it was a day to celebrate. For Lord Alister married Lady Lellia

Wine flowed like water The best food was served. Songs, games and dancing filled the normally calm village....

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: If it isn't in the ban list I probably have it, so it is open to use with discretion. Don't ask for something stupid, like an anti-matter rifle, just because it is in the DMG. I just ask to list where you got Feat/item/Prestige class from.
Banned Resources: 3.0 books, 3rd party sources, homebrewed, Mags, and Campaign setting books.

ECL: 1
Gold: 100 gold
Races: Player's handbook and Monster Manual only, though you can add a Bloodline or a few to the race. Two Minors or One Intermediate. If you ask for a major, I will smite you with DM Lightning and DM Fireball. burning_eyes xd
Classes: generic classes only, if you choose to create another class then you will not be accepted. Multi-classing penalties have been removed. Ask if you want a class ability not listed, bardic music, animal compaion, or a druid's wild shape ability, we can work out a compromise. Prestige classes prereq. will be reworked to work with these rules, also Duel caster level prestige classes, like mystic theurge, are ban.
Ability Scores*: 32 point buy
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: Any but CE or NE.
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Optional, though you all come from the same village, so If you want John Doe's character and your character to be old friends. Go ahead, I will just grant you two a +2 bonus for any check involving John Doe's character. Like if you use Aid Another with him(that would become a +4), you roll a heal check to stabilize him after he has fallen, Use a bluff to pass a hidden message, etc. If you want the entire group to be old friends then so be it, but each one of the back stories have to at least state the friendship.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] If you wish, you can have up to 2, no more.Flaws.
2] Action points will be used, you will get 5 + 1/2 your level (5.5 in this case). They are reset at level up only, though you can get bonus Action points for completing certain tasks, making the game enjoyable, and when the dm feels like being nice... Unused action points, bonus or normal, will be lost when the other reset.
3]Initiatives will be determined by the AVERAGE score of each party involved. If a n20 is rolled it is still taken into over all average (after added to other modifers such as improved initiative and Dex mod) and that person get to attack twice.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm
I'm... actually interested in playing in this game. I'm surprised I'm interested in playing a 3.5 game, but those variant class rules and whatnot seem very interesting.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm
The 32 point buy method... every score is at 8, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 pm
Starts at 8, yes.

If it helps, I normally use a Point buy calculator to help with the math  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:32 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Starts at 8, yes.

If it helps, I normally use a Point buy calculator to help with the math
Alright, thanks for the link, mate. Also, I have a question: can we use variant races?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:13 pm
These are my scores, and I'm playing as an elf:

Str:12
Dex:18+2
Con:12-2
Int:14
Wis:8
Cha:10

These are subject to change if I can play as a Fire Elf. Also, I'd be interested in takin' an Animal Companion. How do I go about doing so?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm
The elemental versions seem balanced, I will allow them. As for environmental races, give me some time. I just aced one of my midterms and I have cause to party a little tonight.

Edit: I will accept both race variants  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm
Hmm..

I was going to look at Earth Kobold, till I realized it sucked completely worse than the regular kobold, which is hard to do (Most people refer to them as LA -1)

So, not sure what I'm going to do. SCN, perhaps we can talk about koboldian balancing?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:39 pm
What did you have in mind? I am open for changes to the wronged races, orc, half-orc and kobold to name a few.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm
Well, for one, trying to decide what I can do about that Light Sensitivity. It hurts. Especially since not all kobolds live in deep caves.

Second, the biggest balance I've seen in the colored kobold system in Pathfinder. They gain a breath weapon based on color, but it's always d8 (never improves) and only a 15 foot line or cone (choose each time you breathe), and some minor bonus. Unfortunately, Light Sensitivity still makes the kobold nearly useless in any surface game.

The only other thing would be like, a claw attack.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:29 am
Questions:
-So while any non-generic class is out-right banned, how do you feel about PrCs from within the allowed list?
-Relevant Alternative Class Features?

Other than that, color me interested and drawing up ideas.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:26 am
Would also like to ask after non-listed features, like monk stuff... since part of me wants to use the warrior to build a brawler.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:09 am
Like this Raga? I took parts of the half dragon and intro grated it into the kobold. Also changed a few other things

[strike]-4[/strike]–2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, [strike]–2 Constitution.[/strike]

Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.

A kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.

Darkvision out to 60 feet.

Attack: A half-dragon has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the claws are the primary natural weapon.

Racial Skills: A kobold character has a +2 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Profession (miner), and Search checks.

Racial Feats: A kobold character gains feats according to its character class.

+1 natural armor bonus.

Special Attack:

Breath weapon
A Kobold’s breath weapon deals 1d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + Kobold’s Con modifier) reduces damage by half

Dragon Variety Breath Weapon
Black 20-foot line of acid
Blue 20-foot ine of lightning
Green 15-foot cone of corrosive (acid) gas
Red 15-foot cone of fire
White 15-foot cone of cold
Brass 20-foot line of fire
Bronze 20-foot line of lightning
Copper 20-foot line of acid
Gold 15-foot cone of fire
Silver 15-foot cone of cold

Special Qualities (see above): [strike]Light sensitivity.[/strike]
Immunity to Sleep or Paralyzing effects chosen at creation
Resistance 10 to element of breath attack

Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common,
Undercommon.

Favored Class: Sorcerer.

Level adjustment +0.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 am
Seph:

Quote:
-So while any non-generic class is out-right banned, how do you feel about PrCs from within the allowed list?

I will allow prestige classes, though the requirements would have to be changed to match the system. The only prestige classes that I ban was the ones that +1 level of existing spellcasting class/+1 level of existing spellcasting class. Like mystic theurge, Arcane Hirophant(I think that is it's name), Ultimage Magus; to name a few. With their being only one caster class, that has access to the three biggest spell lists, it is kind of unneeded. Now if you want to take some of their class features for feats, check with me and we can work something out.

Quote:
-Relevant Alternative Class Features?

Are you asking for things like Berserker Strength, the variant for the Barbarian Rage in Player's handbook 2? If so I see no problem with allowing a few of them. Post the ones you want and I will give them a prerequisite if I think it needs one.

Raganui Minamoto
Would also like to ask after non-listed features, like monk stuff... since part of me wants to use the warrior to build a brawler.

what ones would you want?

Furry of Blows(it looks too much like two weapon fighting for me to allow. Though I am not stopping you from taking two weapon fighting and just use your fists.)

Unarmed Strike: Non-chaotic alignment (If you take this you can't take improved unarmed strike, though I don't see why you would want to...)

Ki Strike:
(Magic) Base attack bonus of +3
(lawful) Ki Strike magic, lawful alignment, and Base attack bonus of +7
(adamantine) Ki Strike and base attack bonus of +12

AC Bonus: Wisdom 13

Though keep in mind you still have their fail points like the AC bonus will be lost when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:02 am
I am going to be gone for the week end, so I will answer any other questions when I get back.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff