Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battlefield Earth?: The Future (DitS) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:04 pm
Because the best way to have fun in a guild is to get banned for doing something stupid…

And because I wanted to run a game that wasn’t in its essential part already being run…

And for no other clearly recognizable reason…

I present:
Lesbo Jet Fighters
Dive Into the Sky
User Image

For anyone with a sense of shame, the door’s behind you. As for everyone else…

Inspiration:
The game system itself is inspired by the anime Strike Witches, as well as the phenomenon known as Moe Anthropomorphism, with a lot of the combat mechanics taken out of Ace Combat. It’s that kind of game.
As for me running the game itself, that was probably due to the concussion I took earlier while playing Ikaragua.

Plot:
Quote:
Okay, let’s see.
IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE, THERE IS ONLY- wait wrong game.
In the odd detachment of an alternate universe, war were beginning.
The world was much like our own was in the early 1930s at the time. The nations were beginning their motions that would later lead to the second world war, when a hole in time and space was ripped over Western Europe, leading to the laws of physics totally and utterly breaking as they were shoved aside in favor of a less logical world that obeyed arcane dice-based magical laws. The gods of this old world (who have no real story significance) wept a single tear that day, then died to make way for new ones, ones that could make sense in this grand new world. Unfortunately humanity had no time to reflect on this because that’s when the society that created the rift in the first place went and invaded the s**t out of everybody. Their name was given as Unae (YOU-nay), and while they apparently speak our tongue they ignore any and all attempts at communication, surrender, or diplomacy. Which makes them technologically superior, ruthless, and socially acceptable to kill targets, like Nazis. CONVENIENT.
In a long and bloody struggle the humans managed to steal some of their sufficiently advanced magic-powered supertechnology of nerdgasm +3, the humans finally managed to push the invaders back into what was once Germany and parts of Russia. However, their reserves seem to be endless, and there is no end to the war in sight…
Which, in the year 1965, is where you came in. Scientists, tired of making boring old sane weapons of war, decided that what we really needed was a squadron of people-planes. That would be you.
It is now 2000 and you’ve just been chosen to be the latest in the League of Nations’ attack force, dedicated to pushing back the invading Unae.

Characters:
No more than 9 players, first come first served, game starts with four.
We need the following for a character sheet, PM to me for approval and if I actually get a taker I’ll post a thread for character sheets.

[b]Name[/b]
[b]Aircraft[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Ace Style[/b]
[b]Archetype[/b]

[b]ATK[/b]
[b]MOB[/b]
[b]WIT[/b]
[b]SPD[/b]
[b]DEF[/b]
[b]Stamina[/b]
[b]Hits[/b]

[b]Attributes/Quirks/Features[/b]
[b]Weapons[/b]
[b]Personal[/b]
[b]Appearance[/b]

Miscellania
If you want more Ace Styles, Archetypes, or Weapons just message me. If you want more Attributes, Aircraft types or to play a male character, feel free, because I don’t particularly place much story significance on those. Rule 0 is in massive effect, as are the Rules of Cool and Fun.
Make up at least a semi-convincing backstory for your character. In addition, they are not part Unae, and it would make very little sense for them to be native Germans unless you want to play people 70+ years old. Which is kinda dumb.
Start with 1 Ace point and no friend points.
The mood of this game will be very, very silly, bordering on animesque. If that doesn’t appeal to you, door’s behind you. But then again, with a game like Lesbo Jet Fighters, did you expect realism?
Link to the system is in the title. Why else would it be blue?

And if I forgot something just tell me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:23 pm
This sounds like a lot of fun, though I don't know if I have the time for ANOTHER game. Knowing me that means I'll be making the character some time before work tomorrow. =P If the sensible side in me takes over for some reason then hope you have fun with this. 4laugh  

joe-dude667

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:44 pm
I enjoy silly games. This looks silly enough!
I'll play in Maid. I'll play in Kobolds Eat My Baby and Risus. I'll give this a whack!

Expect a character sheet in the next 24 hours (sans fluff), if not less.

Also question:
Any optional rules discussed in the booklet that's going to be implemented?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm
Not as of yet, though I'm looking into implementing some method of large enemies.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:46 am
I don't know what to make of this... but we'll probably try it.

Also, Maid can be fun... if you have someone with a decent imagination running it.

Emperor protect.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:02 am
Name Harold Niblung
Aircraft Grumman F-14 Tomcat
Age 32
Ace Style Veteran
Archetype Mentor

Ace Points 1
Friendship 1

ATK 4
MOB 3
WIT 3
SPD 2
DEF 2
Stamina 16
Hits 2/2

Attributes/Quirks/Features Scars, Scarf

Weapons M-16 Vulcan Assault Cannon, Cluster Bombs.

Personal Harold flew fighter before the idea for these perso-plane-amabobs even came out. Having served for just over a decade in a Tomcat, he was shot down. Badly wounded, to keep having the ability to fly, he joined the program.

Appearance Without Parts

The plane wings and main jet fit over his back, leaving his arms free. The cockpit and nose, slip on his head like a helmet, just over the brow, with a pilot mask attached so he can breath and see. Over his right arm, hooked at the elbow is the M-16 Vulcan, leaving his left in an armored gauntlet that holds the cluster bombs. From the M-16 Vulcan, there is an ammo line connected to the back, where it is fed munitions from.

His feet have smaller wings and twin jets to use for maneuvering. Over the wings he wears a singed red free flowing scarf, ruined by the main just chopping into it.

His thighs, upper arms, and body have a composite carapace plating, to protect them from the high speeds and from enemy fire.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm
Looks perfect.

That's 1/4, game starts at 4.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Must... resist... remaking a Strike Witches... character.
~resist... resist... resist... failed to resist~  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 pm
GO FOR IT

Sidenote: Did you know all the witches in strike witches are based on WWII flying aces? Charlotte Yeager's based off of Chuck Yeager, and both of them broke the sound barrier for the first time.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Yeah, I found that an interesting little tidbit of the show.
Only question is, which if the 11 do I think I can do proper justice?
Sanya, Shirley, Mio?
Hm...
I'll mull it over  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:59 pm
Unfortunately, I have yet to see Strike Witches.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:11 pm
Two seasons worth of 12 episodes a piece. Could probably catch it on your local anime site.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:51 pm
I decided on Sanya and aged her a bit to try and remove her a bit more from Strike Witches canon.

Name Sanya Vladimirovna Litvyak
Aircraft MiG60 (A warbird combining features of the MiG-1, MiG-3, and Yakovlev Yak-1)
Age 16
Ace Style Cool
Archetype Shy

ATK 4
MOB 3
WIT 2
SPD 2
DEF 3

Stamina 16
Hits 2

Attributes/Quirks/Features
-No pants
Weapons
Fliegerhammer
A perfected Fliegerfaust B; a German built, 9 barrel, ground-to-air rocket launcher.
Personal
Sanya's a quiet, reserved character, preferring to let her actions speak for herself while obeying the orders of her Superior Officers.

It was barely a few years after she had finished her missions in the 501st Joint Fighter Wing that she had been re-recruited for another mission in another region of the world. Initially she was reluctant to leave her homeland once more, but after a bit of goading from her friends she took off willingly, joining up with this group.
Appearance
Pre-vehicle - [x]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 am
Ah, good choice. Looks great. 2/4 profiles done.

We just need 2 more people, then we can get this show on the road!  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 pm
So... got an old dude with a big vulcan and the ability to toss out cluster bombs and some young gal with a big launcher.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff