Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5] Crystal Hearts - Recruiting/updates Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 am
You come across some information being that the young lord of the town you are currently stopped in know as Brewdon, is looking for strong and brave individuals to locate and retrieve a certain object. The information being spread tells nothing of the object or its origins, however it did displace an idea of the reward. Th actual amount as been fudged from the info passing from person to person but in every version the mention of platinum. Will you bite? Or take flight?

Resources: Version 3.5 DMG, MM, and PH as well as the complete adventurer.

Starting level is 3, race restrictions are anything that gives a level adjustment higher then +2 which would put you higher essentially to the rest of the group. There are no alignment restrictions.

House rules: Do not worry about spell components nor prepared spells. As far as I'm concerned if you know it you can cast it when ever. You will however be limited by the number of spells castable per day.

Ability scores: Either roll six six sided die keeping the top three and do this for each stat or take a total of 36 stat points to destribute among your ability scores.
Example of how its done with the second option:

str 8
con 8
dex 8
int 8
wis 8
cha 8

thats how you start, then you add points to them.

The amount of points needed to raise an ability score is equal to the ability modifier with the minimum requirement of 1 point, negative scores don't ADD to the amount of points you get to spend =w=. The maximum ability score you can have is 20 *not including racial modifs*

examples:

str 14 +2 need 2 of your 36 points to make it str 15 +2

Example of the highest even stats

str 14
con 14
dex 14
int 14
wis 14
cha 14

No one is allowed to reduce an ability score lower then 8 unless its due to a racial modifier.

Starting gold/equipment: Each of you will have a total of 1k platinum to spend however you want OR you can have 1 and I mean 1 item of your choosing with 1 major magical ability/special purpose/3 minor magical abilities and 500 gold to spend how you please.

If you have any questions or feel I left something out please let me know :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 am
lol I just posted this and ALREADY I forgot something xD The max number of players I'll take is 15 :3  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:59 am
Are those the only books, you have or can we ask on other things outside those books? I mean if we can get you a complete write up on a class or feat, and not just a summery of it, could we take that class instead?

I am just wondering, no matter your answer I have 6 characters in mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 am
Those are the only books I ave extensive knowledge of, but yes if you can get me a full summary *with charts if possible* then sure, depending on the class. Same with races outside the PH and MM. And if the class as spells, spell liek abilities or psionics, I need a full list of available spells/powers to said class up to the maximum caster/manifester level. God I love D&D :3 and questions.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:04 pm
Would the SRD(System Reference Document), for the 3.5 system, work as a write up? Or stuff from Wizards website?

Also, I know someone else is going to ask, what about home brewed? I always have one or two people ask, about them in my games.

And one question for my character,

Can I be a half-ogre from Savage Species(3.0)? If not how about Races of Destiny(3.5)? Ether one is fine with me, I just never understood why the LA risen between 3.0 and 3.5.

The differences (thanks goes to Eric-dono for the write up)

*Savage Species version:
*This one is a race, born from human and ogre parents.
*+6 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha
*Large
*Speed: 30ft
*Darkvision 60ft
*Natural Armor +4
*Giant Blood: Considered Giant for using giant weapons and magic items with specific giant powers. (and for Favored Enemy-like effects)
*Automatic Languages: Giant and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, and Abyssal.
*Favored Class: Barbarian
*Level Adjustment: +1

*Races of Destiny version:
*Same as Savage Species but for the following.
*Giant type instead of Giant Blood
*Level Adjustment: +2  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:51 pm
I'm gunna say no to that race sorry bud :l a plus 6 str is a bit much to keep the team balanced the way I want it to be. You'll be doing a bunch of damage and the +4 natural armor will make it s you wont be taking damage either. An I'll have to make the monsters bigger in order to challenge you and wind up making it so the rest of the group can't do nothin, assuming they take normal races. You know what, keep that character on the side and we will see who else joins and what kind of character they are going to use.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:14 pm
The only reason I asked was, I wanted to play a large character. Not many dm's allow that, because of most large characters have high LA and hit dice to boot...

But, you said no. So, I am back to the drawing board. I would ask about a Artificer but that is way to much to write out...

I will think of something.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 pm
If the reason you wanted to be a large character was for using large sized weapons without penalty then you should try half giant from the Psionics hand book regular and expanded. They are medium characters that can use large size weapons without penalty. I don't remember but I think they have a +1 LA :l  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm
Not really, I wanted a large character to try some of the feats that only large characters can take... Rock throw, Fling ally and Fling enemy.

Don't worry about it, Like I said I have a few characters in mind. I just have to chose one.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=247044

made completely off your rules, let me know if I mussed any of my calculations for the point-buy.  

Keefe_the_Music_Man

Magnetic Smoker

joe-dude667 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 1, 5, 5, 4, 6, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2, 1, 1, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1 Total: 61 (20-120)

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 am
Do you do reroll 1's on either ability score or HD?  
serketcity rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 4 Total: 42 (12-72)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:09 am
Do you want maximized first HD, or just to roll randomly?
Also, rolling for wizard.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
joe-dude667 rolled 16 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2 Total: 63 (16-96)

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 am
5, 1, 1, 5, 5, 4 = 15
6, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2 = 14
1, 1, 2, 5, 3, 2 = 10
4, 1  
serketcity rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 4, 4, 1, 3, 1, 3, 4 Total: 35 (12-72)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:13 am
15,11,13. Not bad.
Dice, believe not in yourself. Believe in me, who believes in you. Yours is a roll that will pierce the odds! Go for six!  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 am
12-9-10. the dice crapped out on me.

Time to find a race with a nice modifier...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff