Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I think Jesus was talking to me... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 pm
User Image

Ok I go to church with my friends family.
Me, my friend her mother and aunt all go together.
Anyway...

This was a dream I had not too long ago.

We were all in a church, and their wasn't any glass in the windows, just the frame.
You could see the sun shining in, the church was in a forest.
It was very peaceful.
The church looked like a log cabin type thing.
We were kneeling to the cross and her aunt stood up and told me...
"The only way you can get into Heaven, is if your spirit isn't angry."
It was something like that.
And she had light surrounding her...
Then I woke up.

I think Jesus was talking to me...

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:47 pm
There is nothing wrong with anger. Anger cannot be a sin for Christ became angry. If anger was a sin then that would mean Jesus couldn't be without blimish, thus meaning he wouldn't be the Messiah. Also to say you would have to work on something to get to Heaven goes against scripture. Ephesians 2:8-9 "8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast." The only way to get to Heaven is being saved. Just because your dream was beautiful doesn't mean it was from God. Remember scripture even calls Lucifer beautiful, afterall why do you think he can easily decieve people?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 pm
User Image

I think that the reason why I had that dream was because I get angry and I do bad things when I get angry.
Like cuss people out, beak things, just bad bad things.
Maybe it was him saying I need to fix things, I mean maybe it wouldn't keep me from going to Heaven.. I dunno but we are suppose to act Christ like and cussing and breaking stuff is not Christ lie.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 am
So, then maybe it isn't Anger that's the problem. Maybe how you handle your anger is the issue that needs to be addressed...

I can certainly relate. Growing up I had horrible anger issues, to the point where I almost killed myself being stupid while I was angry. Turns out that glass, and an angry kid just don't mix well. sweatdrop

But, He's helped me to learn to control my anger, I've not lost my self-control in a very long time. Perhaps you're going through something similar?  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
i think it's wonderfull that you had that dream and it's wonderfull to interpretate it as a message from God to you as long as you are really able to grab the message you recieved and change your life for better! (:  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 am
User Image

Kyramud : Yeah I have really bad anger issues. I usually break things like once I broke all of the light bulbs in the house because I was blamed for the high electricity bill. =/ I don't think when I get mad, I just act.
I've also busted some windows, uhg. I haven't had an outburst like that in a long time but still cussing people out isn't right.
I curse a lot when I get mad. 0.o I could make a sailor blush.

Luna Wolfgang: Yeah, I think I can turn things around. I''m not breaking things anymore so I think that is some progress. But I'm stil a work in progress.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 am
He was speaking to you. He wants you to know....

"Whosoever shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." - Mark 10:13-16

He knows our hearts. He knows our thoughts. He tells me now, that you have lost trust in Him, more then once. He is revealing these things to you my friend, because He is letting you know, He is coming very soon. In the last days, God will send visions to those He chooses to send them to. What you saw, and heard was not a dream, it was a vision. Be still, and Trust Him. He loves you very much. :3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:38 pm
User Image

It was a vision?
I thought it was just a dream...
Wow, I really do feel special. ^^

I used to not believe at all, I had a lot of doubts.
But now I've been going to church and I have seen God work in my friends family.
Her step dad got saved at the age of 55, her brother got baptized, her sister is going to church again with her family, and my friend found a boyfriend after prying for years to find the perfect person.

My faith is getting stronger.

I'm trying to get my anger under control.
I'm not cussing as much as I used too.
And I haven't picked a fight either, I think I'm making progress.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:56 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

It was a vision?
I thought it was just a dream...
Wow, I really do feel special. ^^

I used to not believe at all, I had a lot of doubts.
But now I've been going to church and I have seen God work in my friends family.
Her step dad got saved at the age of 55, her brother got baptized, her sister is going to church again with her family, and my friend found a boyfriend after prying for years to find the perfect person.

My faith is getting stronger.

I'm trying to get my anger under control.
I'm not cussing as much as I used too.
And I haven't picked a fight either, I think I'm making progress.

User Image

Believe. He promised He will never forsake us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 pm
I think the things that we do in our anger can be major stumbling blocks... or allowing ourselves to stay angry for too long will keep us in a funk and not allow us to grow in our walk.

I was actually just learning about this in our Church service today. The lesson was named "This is what 'Take heed to thyself' means"

Ephesians 4:25-32 "25.Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26."In your anger do not sin", Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27.and do not give the devil a foothold. 28.He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. 29.Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30.And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31.Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32.Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Anger in itself is not a sin, but there is a time a place for everything. We can get angry and show our anger, because it's a God given emotion. But we can't sin in our anger and we need to release it as quickly as possible. The longer we stay angry the easier it is to let the Devil in and then your anger turns to resentments and other things. I know I have issues with anger and I always want to act on it and normally I do by just being silent which I know is a sin and I'm learning to work on it. It's possible to be saved yet still have anger and go to heaven. But I really think that if we want to continue to grow in our spiritual walk we MUST learn to work past it and accept God's forgiveness so we can in turn practice it within our relationships with others.  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:02 pm
The Lord gave me another vision the other night. I'm pretty sure it was for comfort methods, because I do ask Him, plenty of times, how I want Him to continue to visit me, during the night. He basically showed me a glimpse of Heaven, through one of my windows, and I could see the Glory of God radiating. It was beautiful, and stunning. I can also remember being kind of scared, because I didn't recognize the atmosphere around me for a few minutes. I guess, the glory of heaven caught me off guard. When the Lord shows something to you, my friends. It is something, you will 'not' expect. He shows us things, to let us know, He is always there with us. When I did get scared that night, I screamed His name, "Jesus!" and He said, "Do not be afraid. It is I." I must say, continue to seek Him, and ask of Him, what your needs are, and you shall receive! God Bless all of you! smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 pm
It's a pretty nice dream.

However, the issue I have with it is when your aunt says "The only way you can get into Heaven, is if your spirit isn't angry."
Simply put, that is a falsehood.

Why? Because you can't do it. You, by yourself, are entirely incapable of beating it. It is of the fleshy nature and because you are still encased in flesh, you will have to fight it throughout the rest of your live. That is why Paul speaks of running the race to win the prize. That's why we are baptized for the forgiveness of sins, and to be buried in the death of our Lord.

Furthermore, we do not find such a statement in the scriptures. If it were true, then we'd have to question Christ, who in zeal and anger threw out the moneylenders from the temple. If it were sin to be angry, then He would not be the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

It's a nice dream, and I'm glad you were comforted by it, but I do not think that we can safely say that it was from Christ.  

rosadria

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 pm
If you read in Revelations it states in the last days, that people will receive visions from the Lord. It isn't something that should take compromising. His words are the Truth. Honestly, I shouldn't even be, protecting His words. But you say it's 'not from Christ.' Then what is it from? What about the vision of the 7 Seals being opened? 90 percent of the Book of Revelations is visions of what the end times will be when Christ does return. Visions will continue spontaneously until His return as well. It's a message to let His people know, "I am coming soon!" This should not effect a believer, but the believer should be Glorifying God!

"To the one who loved us and freed us from our sins by means of his blood, 6and made us a kingdom, priests to God and his father, to him be the glory and the power forever, Amen. 7Look! He's coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him
and those also who pierced him,
and all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him!
Yes, Amen!!! 8I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, the one who is and who was and who is coming, the all powerful."

"Once You spoke in a vision to Your devoted ones and said, I have endowed one who is mighty [a hero, giving him the power to help--to be a champion for Israel]; I have exalted one chosen from among the people."
Psalm 89: 19

If visions are from the flesh then why do we have spirits we can communicate with God?

I'm simply doing God's work. There is no such thing as coincidences, and God already confirmed to me that what she had was a vision. "And He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make Myself known to him in a vision and speak to him in a dream." Numbers 12: 6

This also means, that the Lord can speak to someone's spirit to tell them things they must know about something. The Lord uses people as vessels so His words can be confirmed and true. He wants us all to believe because He loves us all, and uses us in so many different ways. Nothing the Lord does is impossible.

"Beloved, do not imitate evil, but imitate good. He who does good is of God; he who does evil has not seen (discerned or experienced) God [has enjoyed no vision of Him and does not know Him at all]." 3 John 1: 11

There is a difference between a vision and a dream, being that a vision, and state of mind, seems clear to the person experiencing it. Dreams, most people have trouble understanding, or remembering. Visions always have a meaning behind it. Visions can also take place in dreams, to make understanding much "clearer" (keyword) from the Lord. There is always a meaning behind everything. Quite honestly, the Bible speaks more about Hell, then Heaven. It shows how much the Lord, and our God, does not want His children to be condemned but to serve Him, for eternal life! He wants to rescue His children!

The Christian walk is not supposed to be easy. Let me interpret this as well. God never promises that our lives will always be easy. Christ prayed to His Father for His disciples, "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [one]." John 17:15.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am
Cappie v2
If you read in Revelations it states in the last days, that people will receive visions from the Lord. It isn't something that should take compromising. His words are the Truth. Honestly, I shouldn't even be, protecting His words. But you say it's 'not from Christ.' Then what is it from? What about the vision of the 7 Seals being opened? 90 percent of the Book of Revelations is visions of what the end times will be when Christ does return. Visions will continue spontaneously until His return as well. It's a message to let His people know, "I am coming soon!" This should not effect a believer, but the believer should be Glorifying God!

Yes, I've read Revelation. I'm well aware of what it says, and I'll agree with you 100% that the words from the lips of God are absolute truth, no compromise.
In this case, you aren't protecting His words. Why? Because the statement that was given in this dream isn't of His word. I challenge you to find it in Scriptures, anywhere. If you do, I'll stop, and apologize, but if I were a gambling man, I'd put good money on you never finding the phrase "The only way you can get into Heaven is if your spirit isn't angry" there. That isn't what determines salvation, by far. One can by angry and still have salvation. Whenever I see John Crowder, Todd Bently, or any of a number of people running their mouths, or anybody being led through the "Sinner's Prayer" my blood pressure hits the roof.

Since this dream does not line up with scripture, there are only two possible points of origin for it.

First - It is a natural construct of the biological mind, like that one time I dreamed I was flying a spaceship.

Second - It is of the enemy. If you aren't with Christ, you're on the other team. Period.

Test the spirits.

Quote:
If visions are from the flesh then why do we have spirits we can communicate with God?

Despite what my stance appears to be in some LDS threads that have shown up, I have never advocated the idea that God does not send dreams or visions. What I have always stood by is the need to carefully compare them with scripture. If it doesn't match up with God has already given us, it isn't from Him, and while I hate to rain on the parade, it would be wise to compare this dream in question to the scriptures. Having done so, I can only conclude that this isn't from the Father. Once again, I challenge you to find that phrase in the Bible. An angry spirit does not disqualify one from salvation, nor does a spirit without anger guarantee salvation. Now, we could certainly say that a spirit in a state of rebellion to God won't have a place in Heaven, but that isn't what was said here.

Quote:
I'm simply doing God's work. There is no such thing as coincidences, and God already confirmed to me that what she had was a vision. "And He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make Myself known to him in a vision and speak to him in a dream." Numbers 12: 6

Doing God's work is a wonderful thing. However, maybe some time in His word wouldn't be a bad thing either. The "only way to Heaven" line is just as bad as "pray this prayer."

Quote:
This also means, that the Lord can speak to someone's spirit to tell them things they must know about something. The Lord uses people as vessels so His words can be confirmed and true. He wants us all to believe because He loves us all, and uses us in so many different ways. Nothing the Lord does is impossible.

Any revelation thought to be of God must be challenged by the scriptures. It is of absolute vital necessity that this be done each and every time. We have to test the spirits, and this only way to Heaven line fails the test. Give me God Breathed scripture to back up the claim made by her dream.

Quote:
There is a difference between a vision and a dream, being that a vision, and state of mind, seems clear to the person experiencing it. Dreams, most people have trouble understanding, or remembering. Visions always have a meaning behind it. Visions can also take place in dreams, to make understanding much "clearer" (keyword) from the Lord. There is always a meaning behind everything. Quite honestly, the Bible speaks more about Hell, then Heaven. It shows how much the Lord, and our God, does not want His children to be condemned but to serve Him, for eternal life! He wants to rescue His children!

Sure, but how is that salvation attained? Certainly not by the Sinner's Prayer, certainly not by having a spirit without anger. Even the most liberal preachers (as far as I'm familiar with, anyway) don't teach that "The only way you can get into Heaven, is if your spirit isn't angry."  

rosadria

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:39 am
I am not here to debate the matter with you. I find the entire discussion non-debatable, primarily because it is the truth. The truth is never dismissed. I didn't join this guild to debate with fellow Christians because the Lord isn't pleased with that. I came in this guild to help and guide His children in the right direction and 'teach' them. That is His Will. The whole point of having a guild like this, is to further His Kingdom, for preparation, not to argue about His words. There are those who are seeking Him, but still need help. That's what I'm doing. I'm helping those in need. I'm helping her. When I teach things, they are not of my own teachings but of the one of the Lord Himself. God Bless.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff