Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (3.5/3rd Custom) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:52 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

This campaign was inspired by a few things: A short passage in savage species, the Shrek series, "My Beloved Monster" by Eels, and Tales of Symphonia 2. Grand Theft Auto gave me the inspiration for the "Open-World" set-up, as well as the "We're evil" thing.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

You know how the story goes. The hero charges in, waylays the villain and his or her henchmen, ensures that the town doesn't get bothered again, and scores of ladies fawn over them.

Meanwhile, the villain is dead, as are scores of his minions. Any survivors who made it out will be lost and confused; any who didn't will either be dead with their master or hiding amid the rubble created by his death, or in the worst case scenario: they will have been taken prisoner by the heroes, awaiting execution.

This is where your story begins. You were under the rule of Nalcuutarrenchk, a mighty red dragon who terrorized a small town at the foot of his mountain, and dominated the people with an iron fist from his vast, ruined keep. Whether you were motivated by fear of his breath or by lust for a reward, you were under his command when four heroes stepped forth to do battle.

Beaten bloody in an attempt to preserve your master, you could only watch in half-consciousness as the dragon wrought his unholy fury upon the adventurers to no avail, dying with a final, destructive explosion of flame that collapsed the cave and buried you beneath it.

Now, after three days of cold, dark entombment, mercifully supplied with air, you have dug your way out onto the mountain. Standing before you is an open, changed world with your master's death.

Now, one simple fact remains: You are alone, save for others who lived through the blast. You have no master, and thus no restrictions on your next course of action.

Suffice to say, what will you do now?

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

This may be unusual to some, but rather than this being a site-based adventure, this campaign is an open world. With no master to control you or motivate you, you are free to do whatever it is you please. Everywhere, from the far reaches of space to the center of the earth, is open to be explored.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Any non-specific book of either 3rd edition or 3.5 edition is welcome here, as is Dragon and Dungeon Magazine (just give me a general idea of the stuff first.)Banned Resources: Setting-specific prestige classes, feats, and races (such as the Cold Sun tribe and the humans of Thay, but not Warforged, Shifters and the like) are not allowed here; certain abilities may still be used if I am convinced to let you do so.

ECL: 16
Gold: 1.5 Standard+; Despite your being defeated, the explosion left the adventurers dead as well. This left you with several things: A great wyrm's hoard (though much of it is buried in rubble that will take weeks to months to dig out completely), a base of operations in the near future, corpses suitable for reanimation into a workforce and guardians, and a great wyrm's corpse, which can be made into dragonhide items.
Races: Any setting-ambiguous race (Warforged and Kenkus and Flinds, oh my) is allowed; Monster characters are strongly encouraged (since human minions get boring after awhile) but not mandatory. But I'd like to see one or two.
Ability Scores*: Roll dice, or 32-point buy. Monster characters are built according to savage species (I'm still encouraging two people to do so even if they don't have it. I'll walk him/her through it). Thus, the LA is abolished.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: Any non-good; you worked for a dragon that razed a village. You're not supposed to be good.
Pantheon: Any
Backgrounds: Not required; just like with an NPC minion, you were ten-second distractions before this.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] As I said, this is open-world. Wherever you want to go is fine by me, but some places are dangerous even for your level. Expect the full array of encounters.
2] We are using the Taint rule, but with one change: Other forms of the stuff exist as well. Good "Taint", called "Purity" affects creatures without the [good] subtype. Lawful Taint, "Order" affects creatures without the [lawful] subtype. Finally, Chaotic Taint, "Disruption", affects creatures without the [Chaotic] subtype. Luckily, only the strongest of aligned areas inflict this, and you'll see evidence of it way before you start growing a second arm from your crotch or something.

Creatures killed by "Purity" are reincarnated as a random celestial creature according to level (so, I'd roll on my own table, and you're a level whatever celestial creature now). You have no memories of your former life, and these memories cannot be restored. If "Order" kills someone, they are reincarnated as a random creature with the [Lawful] subtype, with influence by their alignment (so, evil becomes evil, good becomes good). "Disruption" causes creatures of 2nd level to become Chaos Beasts, 3rd-5th become Red Slaad, 6th-8th become Blue Slaadi, and 12th and up become Gray Slaads.
3]Being evil means that you basically do things with an ulterior motive, and it usually isn't bothered by who it hurts. This does not mean you refuse to save that cute damsel in distress from the cultists you see carrying her away. It just means that she might not be going HOME after she's rescued.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:11 pm
Hrrm... *starts working on something*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

The Notorious Wrat

Witty Lunatic

8,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 pm
This...this I like *works on something as well*.

Do you want my char sheet here, or should I PM it?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:00 am
Thus far my big thought is a half drow druid who is going to advance to full drow to represent learning the secrets his mother held out on him.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:30 am
The Notorious Wrat
This...this I like *works on something as well*.

Do you want my char sheet here, or should I PM it?

PM, preferably. I don't want to have to root through pages of discussion to use it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 am
Plainsfox
Thus far my big thought is a half drow druid who is going to advance to full drow to represent learning the secrets his mother held out on him.

Sounds to me like you could just use a 9th-level druid and add three levels of half-elf paragon and drow paragon.  

Slave Xaccheus

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:40 am
The thing is, you lose a bunch of nifty tricks when you go that way...or am I reading things wrong?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:52 am
Well, that was the only way I knew of to do that. If you want to use something else, go right ahead.  

Slave Xaccheus

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 am
Huh. I thought the stuff in this article was reprinted somewhere.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a

It lays out a progression from half drow to drow. If it's not acceptable, then it's OK.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:02 am
Also, how do you want rolling handled?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:12 am
4d6, drop the lowest result. Or you can use the 32 point-buy system.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 6, 4 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:45 am
I'll try rolling.

Dice Roll #1: 13  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 2 Total: 10 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 am
Dice roll #2: 9  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 5 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:47 am
Dice Roll #3: 11  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 4, 2 Total: 12 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:48 am
Dice roll #4:10  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff