Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I doubt about my salvation. . . Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Confucious Embers

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 pm
. . .And I know its wrong but because of how young I am people sometimes question me and discourage me which makes me ask myself. . . Am I really saved?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm
Did you ask Christ into your heart and make him Lord of your life?
I would suggest you read a book called The Case for Christ. It will help strengthen your faith and help you when people start questioning you.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Confucious Embers

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm
Yes I did. . . I'll look for that book, thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm
Bitter_sweet_jewel
Yes I did. . . I'll look for that book, thanks.

Then you're saved. Being saved doesn't mean you're perfect, it means you are forgiven.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 pm
gothic_black_rose
I would suggest you read a book called The Case for Christ. It will help strengthen your faith and help you when people start questioning you.

Um, I would just like to know, where from the Bible you got "asking Christ into your heart" I've read a good bit of the Bible. Its pretty much most of the prophets I haven't read yet... And I have never came across that idea...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 pm
Si_Copathic
gothic_black_rose

Um, I would just like to know, where from the Bible you got "asking Christ into your heart" I've read a good bit of the Bible. Its pretty much most of the prophets I haven't read yet... And I have never came across that idea...

It's just another way of saying accepting Jesus as your savior and leetting the Holy Spirit reside in you.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

People are going to question you about your beliefs your whole life. It doesn't matter the age you are.

And being Saved as gothic said doesn't mean you're going to be perfect. We are always a work in progress. The point is that we have to continue to grow in our faith and walk with the Lord.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:14 pm
gothic_black_rose
Si_Copathic
gothic_black_rose

It's just another way of saying accepting Jesus as your savior and leetting the Holy Spirit reside in you.

even the idea of "accepting Him." Whenever I research this subject, I always see more to it then a feeling like that... but I guess this gets into a whole other topic...  

Seraphim6496

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:22 am
Well basically salvation is by grace.
It is by God's grace alone that we are saved, not by what someone may or may not say about you.
No one knows what really goes on in your heart, only God.

Sometimes even we, don't know what's going on in our lives.

We are saved thanks to the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, anyone else tells you otherwise then maybe God can use you to be a witness to that person because salvation does not come by deeds alone but as I said before by grace of God.
If you are willing to let God take control of your life then he will do magnificent things with you and you might become a blessing to other people.
Just by you being willing to serve God you are showing that you really meant it when you said, "Here am I. Send me!".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:03 am
Bitter_sweet_jewel
. . .And I know its wrong but because of how young I am people sometimes question me and discourage me which makes me ask myself. . . Am I really saved?
Please stack this among the other things which have been said, because this is just a little side note.

Please don't think that because you doubt your faith, that somehow makes it void. Let me elaborate: Because you have some doubts, that means that this is a subject that you think about, a subject you find important... one you are worried about.

I say that if there is a person who does not doubt, at least at a point of their life... that makes them careless. With care comes worries. You care, and you worry.

If you really have given your life to God, and you know you've done what you need to do, you are saved. If not, no big worries, you can fix that this very instant, by prayer.

I doubted my salvation innumerous times, to the point I'm not 100% certain of my actual date of salvation. All I know is that when I started to care... I made it a point to fix that problem. I hope you'll do the same.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:45 am
    To add with what everyone has said:

There will be times where we don't 'feel like God is there' or times where we don't feel 'Christian' (I hope that wording makes sense). Personally, this is one thing that gets me doubting some times.
    We will feel that way at some point in our walk with Jesus. It doesn't mean that God has left us. He's still with us.
    I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Gothic suggested a really good book. I believe I have the student version of The Case for Christ.
    I started reading The Case for a Creator a while back but haven't finished it yet. Stroble is a really good author.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm
Thank you everyone for those words of encouragement I have been reading and praying silently to myself and I found out that the devil try anything to make you fall of track as i say it or just basically sin or make you doubt but I now that I have to look to God when im happy and when I'm sad and even when things aren't going how I want them to. I really appreciate everyone for you words you don't know how much they mean to me. heart  

Confucious Embers

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

starry night-163

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:13 pm
Well are you repenting and trusting in the Lord Jesus christ because what saves you and makes you clean.
Romans 4:5 (King James Version)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (I like the King James version because NIV deletes whole verses and everything just seems to water things down)
Remember your faith in christ is what makes you righteous. We are saved by faith
Ephesians 2:8-10 (King James Version)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Send your questions to this Email(but ask the Lord Jesus and God for help first): james@illbehonest.com if you ever have any questions they'll reply because that's what they're there for if you don't believe me look http://www.illbehonest.com/skype.php I did it the other day when I was freaking out and he told me I wasn't saved because I didn't have the evidence of a saved person but he told me this
Quote:
If you are truly trusting in Christ of course you will not perish, but Titus 1:16 says they profess to know God but deny Him by their works. Luke 13:3 says to repent or you will perish. - Repentance is turning from sin and self-effort to Christ, to trust that HE paid it all. If your hope is truly in that there is life, but if you have no peace and are an anxious wreck the reality is that your not resting in Christ. So yes, flee from the Wrath of God to the city of refuge which is Jesus Christ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlv21zGARM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzMId-VgdAM

Oh and asking The Lord Jesus christ to come into your heart isn't biblical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvDAygfVVX0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc5lY9YP_bE&p=26EEF742A13B5AF3&playnext=1&index=47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wftJVYoORug&feature=related  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm
sin,punishment,grace.It is all a huge cycle and your gonna go through it your whole life,but so long as you accept God then your fine.  

psychocat Inc

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:26 am
There is a sinners prayer you can pray with all your heart and spirit if you feel unsure about this. But never let the enemy make you worry either. The enemy always decides he wants to distract us, into thinking of how unsure we are about salvation, faith, and our absolute love for the Lord. Yes, the personal walk with Christ is very important, as it sets presently with us, but in order to retain to salvation we must always continue our relationship with Him and put Him first in our lives. smile  
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff