Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What's after Dolphinmaina & my item quest post is not workin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rolska

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:41 pm
1. Dolphimania was the fast way to make money but then they closed it. So what is the next fast way to make money.

2. My Item quest thread only got one reply and that was just saying that my avi would look good. So how can I get help when no one even looks at the thread?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 pm
1. dolphinmania was great and i do miss it (NOT going to get into everything, i do know some of the reasons it closed; lets leave it at they are staying close as far as i know) but there is still the bootygrab threads, which are not hard to find good tanks. i can still make up to 10k in 10 minutes. not as good as 15k in 10 minutes. but not a huge drop either.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/f.393/

2. you need to bump for a few pages. once people see that you are serious, then they might take you seriously. i found the guilds resourse thread on quest threads to be very helpful.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=17471937#265384185  

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:25 am
User Image1. I found this guild a helpful:

User Image

2. You might also try adding a link in your sig to your quest thread. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:14 pm
Thanks for the answers. However what exactly is "bump"? I dont do forums to often so I dont know what all the lingo is.
Oh and I just tried to do Booty Grab and the game wont start. I have tried 3 different tanks and the same story. sad

This is my Item Quest thread.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19712427  

Rolska

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:06 am
Threads are listed in each forum according to when they were last posted in. So if you post in a thread, even a meaningless word like "Bump," that moves the thread to the top of the forum, right under the stickies. This makes the thread easy to see by people just looking at the forum. In fast-moving forums like Chatterbox and Charities/Quests on Gaia, so many people post so much that a thread you posted in is no longer on the first page in just a few minutes and needs to be "bumped" up to the top again with a new post.

Your quest thread here in the guild won't be seen by nearly as many people as it will if you post one in Charity/Quests. Also, the top thread there is a sticky called THE List of Charities that has over 100 active charities which are run by people willing to give you gold if you follow their rules. Good luck!

For details on just how to play Booty Grab (since I'm not sure what is preventing your games), try Booty Grab Guide.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 am
M i s a k i .

Hmm, here's a link to one of my booty grabbing hot spots! Hope it helps. (: Click here.  

Miumarie

Newbie Noob

Rolska

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:45 pm
Doesnt work either.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Do you have all pop-ups disabled? All booty grab games should pop up in a new window when you click on them. That could be a reason for why a game won't start.

And, please forgive me if this question is too obvious, but I'm just trying to guess reasons for why a game wouldn't open up. Remember how you could only play tanks in DolphinMania that were glowing?
Are you clicking tanks that say the words "Booty Grab" on the screen and also have fish swimming around quickly with white shine coming off them? If you click a glowing tank, a Booty Grab game should open in a new window. If you click a tank that's not glowing, it just counts as a "tap." No game will open. You can't make tanks glow, you must find glowing tanks. ^^

Edit; I just read kakatary's explanation. Wow. I'd never heard that before. I'll remember that explanation now. :3

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 am

User Image

User Image

It is well known that some users are unable to open up a Booty Grab window upon clicking on the aquarium in the person's signature. This is a common issue for users of Internet Explorer. They click on a tank which says Booty Grab, the window opens up, and then there is no game and the fish are no longer glowing. There are two solutions to this issue:

1. Switch your browser to Firefox or even Google Chrome. Don't wanna do that? Then...
2. Look for Direct Links to tanks. This works like a charm.

As for links to great threads, Dancing Dolphins may not be Dolphinmania, but it has served as a substitute for me and maybe even for you.

Concerning your second question. Perhaps try posting in the Chatterbox? People there will post on your thread a lot. Be prepared for some real criticism though. You could also bump your thread. This is the best information I have to offer.
User Image

”When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.”
-Anne Bryn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 pm
Ok. Yes I only push tanks that say "play now". Yes the pop-up comes (the pic of the tank with the fish (yes they do move)). I did try direct links but they dont work. Ill try your site that you put on the previous post but I dont know if that will work.

I just checked Dancing Dolphins and it doesnt work.
But a small detail i left out was that the fish dont go fast when i go to the new screen that shows only the tank. You know how you see the fish and they just slowly go then when you do Booty Grab they speed up? Well they dont speed up they just float around like always.  

Rolska

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 pm
Sometimes that happens to me and I get an error message that says, "Game full" or "you already played this game." I'm sorry if I can't be more help. Keep trying and we'll keep trying to get you up and going!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 pm
Thanks. However I do not get messages. Actually it's more like I view the tank other than playing.  

Rolska

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

User Image

User Image

Okay, I know that if you're using Internet Explorer, you may not be able to load Booty Grab as easily as those using Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and (I think) Safari. Change your browser if you're using Internet Explorer. Here is another person who had the same issues. Also, your pop-up blocker might be causing you trouble so, check this out to learn how to disable your pop-up blocker. Also make sure you're not in any other windows other than the Gaia page and the aquarium. No extra tabs and such. This will help cut down on loading lag.

If that still doesn't work, make sure that you try the direct link. Some thread makers, for their booty grab threads, will have a direct link to their tank (Example; the poster has "Direct Tank Link". Look for these when tanks glow). This is especially important if you have Internet Explorer.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, check to see if it's just a problem with your computer. Get up and play on someone else's computer in the house. If it still is broken, it might be because your internet connection is too slow to connect to the Booty Grab fast enough before the glow disappears. To check this, go on a friend's computer at their house. If it connects, it might likely just be your internet connection.

If it doesn't connect on any other computer, including your own: send a ticket. It might be a rare bug that you have to play Booty Grab. I have never heard of a bug that keeps a certain account from working, but, if you have tried all other avenues and still can't find an answer, maybe a professional can help?

Also possibilities to consider before you contact the developers: perhaps your computer lacks the more up-to-date Flash Player or the graphics card in your computer might be a little outdated? It's a stretch, but I can think of no other solutions to this problem.

I hope this works gonk
User Image

”When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.”
-Anne Bryn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:48 am
Computer does use internet explorer, has very good graphics card, up-to-date flahplayers, very good connection, and I never had trouble with dolphinmania (i never played booty grab any where else) so i don't know why all the sudden it's acting up. But ill try what you said hopefully it works. neutral  

Rolska

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 am
nold6
Computer does use internet explorer, has very good graphics card, up-to-date flahplayers, very good connection, and I never had trouble with dolphinmania (i never played booty grab any where else) so i don't know why all the sudden it's acting up. But ill try what you said hopefully it works. neutral

Alright, keep us posted biggrin  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces