Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
You People don't get it, do you? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about what I just said?
  Agree
  Disagree
  = w = Not cool man.
View Results

Astounded Thrill

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:27 am
Dolphinmania Had to be shut down. Had To. It ruined the gaian economy and made the true value of gold go down every day. There was even an anouncement about it in the forums you all never read. Lookie here. Don't go ranting and asking for the site to come back. It won't. Sure your hopes are kinda put down some, but too bad. It just made gaia to easy and lets face it, it was boring looking through page after page after page of full booty grabs and not glowing tanks. I personally think it was a good thing that the place was shut down. congradulations on realizing the truth, booty grab wasn't meant to be that easy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 am
Weird I don't ever remember getting that announcement, but it's good to read it.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Deadncrispy

Undead Hellhound

16,725 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 am
Astounded Thrill
Dolphinmania Had to be shut down. Had To. It ruined the gaian economy and made the true value of gold go down every day. There was even an anouncement about it in the forums you all never read. Lookie here. Don't go ranting and asking for the site to come back. It won't. Sure your hopes are kinda put down some, but too bad. It just made gaia to easy and lets face it, it was boring looking through page after page after page of full booty grabs and not glowing tanks. I personally think it was a good thing that the place was shut down. congradulations on realizing the truth, booty grab wasn't meant to be that easy.

it wasn't boring though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 am
When you say it like that you sound like a jerk.

Plus I think someone already posted this, and made a topic about it.
Theres no need to make another stare  

I Dizzy-Kun I

Dance Heartbeat

8,950 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am
Booty grab needs a huge over haul to cut down on inflation. Also other areas like zOMG and the RIG items. There are many things all together. Mainly booty grab was supposed to be a fun game which it still is, but I think it was intentionally supposed to not have the tanks glow as much as they do. Also generating that many tanks with gold creates way too much gold out of thin air. Kinda like the gaia gold is worthless now. Also the Cash Shop was a huge problem with inflation. Like the current RIG bundle is over 1mil. I mean come on. It's like 1mil is the new 1g on gaia. SO FAIL!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am
Astounded Thrill

"There was even an anouncement about it in the forums you all never read". That's a huge generalization. I read it, as did many other people.

I had three tanks on Dolphinmania and because it has been closed I assure you that even though my tanks are on oodles of BG threads, they won't make half as much as they did when Dolphinmania was running. Panda & Penguin Booty Grabbin' was fantastic!

But I'm not complaining, mind you. I made a lot of gold while on the site and am thankful I had the opportunity to be on it for as long as I was. I'm also happy they've invited my tanks to the regular BG threads that they are making on their Guild. Dolphinmania Admin is made up of a group of very wonderful people, and I only wish Gaia Admin was as good as they are!  

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 am
So if you hate dolphinmania so much why are you in this guild?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 am
Podium

They need something to hate?

"Haters be sippin hatorade"

Personally I don't see the change ._. I can still booty grab, heck I'm doing better thanks to the now glowing thread. If they decided to nerf more fish, fish people paid money for then petitions and strikes would flare up like a bad rash on gaia's wallet. :U Its not our fault they give us inflation causing fish for our money.  

Envoy of Void

Invisible Benefactor

10,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PvP 200

Jaruga

Quotable Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:33 am
The changes might even make the community around it way better.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 am
People need to calm down. Let gaia be greed for as long as they can, But someday its going to have to stop.

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 pm
Podium

I don't think she's in the guild at all. This guild is a public forum, so you don't have to be a member to post in here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm
I actually don't remember receiving that announcement! surprised
I must have missed it on the My Gaia page, but beleive me, I'm sure glad as heck I read it!

I'm happy now, to the fullest, that DolphinMania is being closed, and that it is a step closer to lower inflation in this community! 3nodding  

Juanito Shet

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Mp3Playa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
Astounded Thrill

Just because YOU say it does, doesn't make it true. Sure, the gold could be going up a whole ton, but when this is a site marketed for 13 year olds, it doesn't matter. My little sister has no problem working her a** off every day for a month to get whatever item has won her little heart over.

It's no different then people playing the marketplace. In a way, it gave people hope that there was more to gaia then making irl money. But they prove people wrong, like they always do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm
Mp3Playa
Astounded Thrill

Just because YOU say it does, doesn't make it true. Sure, the gold could be going up a whole ton, but when this is a site marketed for 13 year olds, it doesn't matter. My little sister has no problem working her a** off every day for a month to get whatever item has won her little heart over.

It's no different then people playing the marketplace. In a way, it gave people hope that there was more to gaia then making irl money. But they prove people wrong, like they always do.

Sounds like a sad charity story ._. You can still booty grab, If you care so much give her your computer if its faster. DM was not hope, It was a easier way to BG. You honestly lag more DURING the actual game than the threads; Depending on how good the tank is. And its not just her saying it; Its the general public =/ Take a survey. Most of the illiterate users will vote for whatever gives them gold the fastest, The smarter ones won't mind having to work a little harder.  

Envoy of Void

Invisible Benefactor

10,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PvP 200

Mp3Playa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:39 pm
Rayquaza93wi
Mp3Playa
Astounded Thrill

Sounds like a sad charity story ._. You can still booty grab, If you care so much give her your computer if its faster. DM was not hope, It was a easier way to BG. You honestly lag more DURING the actual game than the threads; Depending on how good the tank is. And its not just her saying it; Its the general public =/ Take a survey. Most of the illiterate users will vote for whatever gives them gold the fastest, The smarter ones won't mind having to work a little harder.

You lag just as equally. When you have tons of flash instances open, it becomes unstable, as flash is a very unstable code. Open 10 youtube videos, you'll notice how your memory usage skyrockets.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff