Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Feedback! - Separate threads for each section? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes, sounds awesome!
  No, that's a stupid idea.
  Okay...but! (you give us suggestions lol )
View Results

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:17 pm
So, since you've heard the news, we have alternatives in the making. In a subforum of the guild, we're thinking of having separate threads for each section. (Dolphin, Monster, Meat, etc). It'll work the same way as now, except no site to update. You suggest your tank, we approve, and you post in that thread.

It may be more difficult to remove the tanks if they no longer qualify (there would still be a report tank thread), because we would have to delete posts.

Still, we want your feedback! What are some pros and cons? Let us know what you think.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:23 pm
I'm definitely voting for separate threads for each section. ^_^  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

ll M E E P U ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:25 pm
We understand that everyone here misses the site already (even though it's not down yet) So we really do appreciate any suggestion, ideas and help you may offer!

We are trying to keep the spirit of DMv2 alive, even if it's just on this guild. Help us with your feedback! :3
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 pm
Sounds like a good idea. heart  

Angel Spirit Girl

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm
I like this idea of the separate threads for each fishy just like how the site is setup. I think the main thing is stopping people from just posting to bump it or something because you would have to delete those posts and it would be alot of work, but I know you guys can handle it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 pm
azndreams
I like this idea of the separate threads for each fishy just like how the site is setup. I think the main thing is stopping people from just posting to bump it or something because you would have to delete those posts and it would be alot of work, but I know you guys can handle it.

I was thinking of keeping the topic locked, until a user is approved. Then, when they are ready to post, we momentarily unlock the thread for the user to post. Once their post is in, we re-lock it!
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

ll M E E P U ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 pm
ll P W E E P ll
azndreams

I was thinking of keeping the topic locked, until a user is approved. Then, when they are ready to post, we momentarily unlock the thread for the user to post. Once their post is in, we re-lock it!
User Image
My thoughts exactly Pweep!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 pm
I like the idea 3nodding

and specially the organization, each tanks on a separated place makes them easier to grab.

May i suggest something else?

A thread where we could post the links of the tanks that wefind glowing at the time, like a glow report. That way people with lag will only be on that single thread waiting for a glor from the respective section smile  

The stepfather of lies

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm
ll P W E E P ll
azndreams

User Image

Ahh I see then. That is alot of monitoring and mini management, but it's pretty much the only way to keep it under control that I can think of. Too bad there wasn't a way to bring up the threads here on gaia to the fore front when they are glowing and the ones that glowed go back in circulation until they glow again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm
That'd probably be good, and it'd be a way to keep DMv2 together.

However, I'm not one for guild booty grab threads. No idea why. :/

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm
Mermaider
I like the idea 3nodding

and specially the organization, each tanks on a separated place makes them easier to grab.

A thread where we could post the links of the tanks that we find glowing at the time, like a glow report. That way people with lag will only be on that single thread waiting for a glow from the respective section smile

That sounds nifty! The user should also tell how much time is left in the glow, if they can. We'll keep this in mind =)
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 pm
Would it be good to have them as "low-lag" threads? Or would that be to much of a hassle? >.> 'Cause I think the whole point of DMv2 was that it didn't lag. ^ ^"  

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 pm
azndreams

Ahh I see then. That is alot of monitoring and mini management, but it's pretty much the only way to keep it under control that I can think of. Too bad there wasn't a way to bring up the threads here on gaia to the fore front when they are glowing and the ones that glowed go back in circulation until they glow again.

It seems so, but we have a large crew. Any of the crew can lock and unlock a topic, so the user could contact any of the crew, rather than just the admins to be added to the site. In the long run, it might actually be easier.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 pm
ll P W E E P ll
Mermaider
I like the idea 3nodding

A thread where we could post the links of the tanks that we find glowing at the time, like a glow report. That way people with lag will only be on that single thread waiting for a glow from the respective section smile

That sounds nifty! The user should also tell how much time is left in the glow, if they can. We'll keep this in mind =)
User Image

That would be nice too 3nodding  

The stepfather of lies

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:39 pm
Blood Pop
Would it be good to have them as "low-lag" threads? Or would that be to much of a hassle? >.> 'Cause I think the whole point of DMv2 was that it didn't lag. ^ ^"

We are looking at ways to reduce the lag. There is an option when posting in guilds if you want to add your signature or not, so users would have to choose not to, to post. If you have suggestions, let us know!
User Image

Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces