Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
☆ Need to Talk? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:41 pm
Hello!

As most of us have experienced, this guild is a relatively tight-knit group of people. We help each other learn about Gaia, earn gold, and fit into a rather large internet community. Recently, though, I've been reading through a couple of websites like sixbillionsecrets.com (similar in concept to Post Secret), and it struck me that there are probably people within this guild who have some problem or personal issue that they'd like to talk to someone about. The internet provides a sense of anonymity, where you can discuss something honestly knowing that the person you're talking to can't identify you or spill your problem to the people in your real life.

If you have something on your mind, no matter what it is, know that there are people here who would love the opportunity to help you, or at the very least listen. Here are some people you can PM; you've undoubtedly seen some of these people around the guild:

• Any NSTG Crewmember; we are all active here and our members come first. (Daypaw, Eternal Rebellion, Shujitsun, PebbleDrop856, GillaGrrl, Waterkin, JoyRose, and Auntie sindy)
  • Kyss Kyss
  • umbraja
  • sarahroxoutofhersox1
  • xphaox
  • Vampira Alien
  • oKitteno

If you're interested in helping, please post in this thread mentioning any specific situations you can advise about so that others may contact you.

I hope you'll take advantage of this, no matter how big or small your problem is. We're here to help one another!

heart
Kitty

Note from Ebania (July 3, 2013)
Please understand the fact that, though the people listed above are kind, loving people who want to help you in any way that they can, unless one of them says anything to the contrary, they are not professionals. What this means is that we may not have the skillset to help you if you are experiencing a traumatic psychological episode, or if your mental health or personal problems are extreme.

If you know that you need immediate, professional help, please refer to this awesome resource, which contains a list of hotlines. A professional at the other end of the line will be ready and able to help you with any mental health or deeply personal issues.

We're here for you and want you to be well. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bumping this up!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:29 pm
I would like to help aswell,is that possible?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:14 pm
This is very nice of you guys to offer. smile  

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:59 am
User Image
Kitty - I will volunteer my services for this as Its an awesome thing to do! =D
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm
Rockefor
I would like to help aswell,is that possible?

If you follow the instructions in the first post, I'll be sure to let you know. 3nodding

Thanks for your interest in helping, Rockefor. (:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:03 pm
Doing that as we speak =)  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 pm
I'm not sure if I would be good for some issues since I tend to have a sarcastic/otherwise offensive attitude at times with stupid questions (eg. http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/fishpirate666/LOFL.jpg?t=1276834589 ) or if the situation is just set up so perfectly that there is absolutely no way I could pass the opportunity up (eg.
maui boy no ka oi
lets talk sex
i heard that oprah asked rob how serious their relationship was and he said kristen was preg... i got this from faceboook
I heard that Barrack Obama is bleaching his skin and growing his hair out so after his presidency he can pursue a career in song and dance to become the new Michael Jackson. I got this from facebook.
)
Still I think it's all worth it in the end razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 pm
hi everone.  

Toxxic XD

Toxxic XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 pm
bump smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 am
Hello smile  

Spirited Sunflower

Mega Noob

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100

Kyss Kyss

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:50 pm
Id like to help to...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:48 am
I'm up for this little shindig. Already sent my pm, and a little more o.o  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tikaboo

Sparkly Fairy

9,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 am
I think this is a great idea. Just be careful to all the people who volunteer to listen and help. Im not sure what kind of qualifications people have to give advice but my suggestion would be to make sure you have some help line numbers to pass on if someone is in need of some real life help. like in a case of suicide or bullying or any kind of abuse. that is a heavy load to bear if people need that kind of help. I am over 30 years young and have a bit of life experience. Everyone needs someone to talk to at times. kudos to the people who stepped up and put their name on the list.  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff