Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Cosplay Contest!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Hello all guild members!!!! There has been a long absence so a couple of crew members and I have decided to do something to spice up the guild: A Mortal Instruments Cosplay Contest!!!!! I don't know how long it's gonna run, but I'll give a warning a week prior to the closing of the contest. Pretty much, it's a tektek-ing contest. Just go into Dream Avitar on tektek.org and create any character or monster or whatever from the MI series. Then, post the pic of ur made-up avi(without the items list) and it will be judged on originality.

RULES!
1)Do it yourself. I know there's no way to regulate this, but just be honest.
2)Anyone in this guild can compete. This includes the officers that put it together. There will be no bias, I promise you.
3)In your post, put the avi and who it is, that's all.
4)Must have at least five entries for contest to be completed.
5)One entry per person.

Prizes!!
1st place-A surprise collectible (valued between 50k-100k)
2nd place-10k gold
3rd place-5k gold

and...GO!!! Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:53 pm
○○○

Soo happy you posted~! Things were quiet… o:

I made one of Magnus Bane. I'm quite fond of it, actually, and might even strive to make it my next avatar. P:

User Image

○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CherryGoes_POP

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 pm
User Image

I have attempted to make Isabelle.
I didn't want to make the white dress because
1. None of the white dressed on tektek match the distribution in the book. And
2. I'm guessing thats what everyone else is gonna try to do xD
Anyways yeah, here is my fail version of Isabelle, mostly everything on her has to do with something she was wearing in the book.
(And I love your Magnus cynoyrae xDD)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 pm
User Image

I chose to do Isabelle. I wanted to show off her kick-a** beauty and made her have a bit more umph! This is what I imagined her battle armor would be kinda like. heart (and I agree, love the magnus!)

netherfreak
Captain

Blaise1897

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:25 am
User Image
Here's my failed attempt at Alec.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 pm
This is my version of a battle ready Jace. sweatdrop
User Image  

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

stargazerwings

Clean Werewolf

2,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 am
here's my version of Alec sweatdrop

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am
Here's my imperfect Clary, at Magnus's party right after she found Simon as a rat.
User Image  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

MonochromeMidnight720

Romantic Phantom

9,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:37 am
User Image

This is my version of Magnus with mini versions of the other characters! rofl (Isabelle, Jace, Simon, Clary, and Alec)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 am
Ok, so this is a bump/warning! ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO SUBMIT YOUR COSPLAY AVI TEKTEK THING!!! So far, we have 8 entries but 130 members! Come on my friends, get those creative ideas going. Remember, TWO WEEKS!!! Have fun and good luck! heart  

netherfreak
Captain

CherryGoes_POP

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm
lunalovegood720
User Image

This is my version of Magnus with mini versions of the other characters! rofl (Isabelle, Jace, Simon, Clary, and Alec)

I love yours xD Its very creative, the only thing I don't like is that you got his eye and hair color wrong ._.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm
○○○

Well, to be honest, it's really difficult to pinpoint Magnus' eye color and shape on an avatar, let-alone in reality.
Especially if you think about cat eye technicalities; green-gold eyes can shine just green or gold, or be equally colored in different lights. So it could look mostly green at times.
Maybe he decided to be super flamin' that day and changed his hair red. LOL.
I do agree that it's a bit difficult to tell who this is based on those pointers, though. Gotta watch out for that~. But I like the mini-characters around him, and I agree; it's wicked cool. 8DDD

I reeeeally love both Alec avatars. Awesome.
I think the second one is more "Alec"y based on the clothing attire. We all know Alec's fashion sense is crap. XD Then again, maybe Magnus booted some style into him, lmao.
I put the second Alec up beside my Magnus 'cos I'm a dork and it looks so wicked.

I love the Jace as well. WINGS. ID Hurrrr.

I think the Clary's pretty, too. The dress threw me off, but then I remembered the chapter you designed it after and it works quite well.

I like both Isabelle entries! It's difficult to tell that the first one has long hair, but I see it now. 8D I love both outfits a ton~.

And yes, I am just commenting randomly on everything. I'm SOO BORED and hyper. Excuse me. ;D
○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:52 pm
A casual Jace, walking the streets with weapons unseen by the Mundanes.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm
NO MORE ENTERIES AFTER TOMORROW!!!! And we ONLY have 9 entries!!!! This makes me sad...Plz submit ur cosplay!!! Im begging uz!!!!!!!!!! gonk Ok, GO!!!  

netherfreak
Captain

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas