I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Mama, if that's movin' on... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know Lin and I were planning to live together?
  Yes.
  No, and I'm delightfully surprised.
  Don't care. Joke's on you, d**k!
View Results

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 pm
Alright, I haven't made a thread in a while, but I'm making one now, because this is important, and I don't know exactly who did and didn't know about it...

For those of you who don't remember me, or have never met me, I'm MrJimmy, and I'm a big deal here. Here's my news:

Lin and I are now roommates.

A month-or-so ago, he was on the IRC talking about finding new people to live with, I jokingly offered to live with him, and a few minutes later we were working out the logistics fer realz. Now I'm sitting at his computer (mine borked the minute I moved... ._.) and typing this thread for you all after weeks of planning, and three painful days worth of driving across the country.

Two whole days of living here later, it dawns on me to come here and inform you all. So how totally bromazing is it that the ATG is making more and more substantial forays into the 'IRL'? biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:50 pm
This is a pleasant surprise. Way to go the extra mile (wink). I hope you two enjoy each other's company.

I feel like those previous three statements aren't connected very well. So how's the change of scenery going for you?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:17 am
It's totally bromazing so far. As the people in the Pokémon day care say: Your Lin and Jimmy are doing just fine. They seem to get along.

There's a girl here, too. :3  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:31 am
Y'all could start a... video blog too. Or a show.

Announcer voice: What happens when we take two craaazy ATGers and put them in the same house? Tune in to Fox at 8pm to find out!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:33 am
Jaft

Announcer voice: What happens when we take two craaazy ATGers and put them in the same house? Tune in to Fox at 8pm to find out!

Win.  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:32 am
Nice, hope it works out well! Don't go causing too much trouble. MrJimmy and Lin are roommies. Funny, I always kind of thought of a MrJimmy/Alcoholic Pancake roommie pairing (don't ask, I just have thought up some odd ATG pairings)...but I think Lin will make for a fun roommie too.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Hahaha, Thal... That would never work. Jimmy would be trying to read or be doing something else, and I'd be stumbling around the house drunk, looking for more beer... I'm not a good roommate.

Sounds lieks u gaiz could be having some of the funz though. Hope the housing works out. Also, I like Jaft's idea. DO EET.

- EDIT -

Also, how did you computer break by the way? Did it drop or something? Or did it just not turn on when you unpacked and hooked it up? I mean, I know you and Linny are both intelligent folks, so it will probably get fixed, but hey, doesn't hurt to lend a hand and offer some help biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:20 pm
I don't really think it's fixable, and I'm not really sure I even want it fixed. I think it's going on seven years old now, and it's been a very below-average computer for quite a while. I really only use it for a few things anyway, and I can live without them or simply use my iphone or Lin's computer to take care of them. Since it's a Mac, Lin's informed me that we can use the firewire port to suck all of the information off of it so I can retain it for later, and in a few months after we're steady here, I plan to purchase my own desktop, so I have something to work with, and so I don't have to hog Lin's personal space anymore.

We've been getting along great so far. I spend most of the day here quite bored and lonely sprucing things up and doing chores, but since they both work late today, it means I can leave for a while without worrying about them coming home before me and needing the keys (which I have the only set of for the moment...). So I'm getting ready to leave the building on my own for the first time and look around for cool things. :]  

WiskersThCatfish

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Oh, your computer's a mac? Nevermind then, I don't think I'd be able to lend any advice then. I never took the time to learn methods for dealing with mac problems. Only *nix and windows : / Understandable though

Well, if you head out, good luck finding something fun. New cities mean new adventures after all. Umm... Just out of curiosity though, what state are you in?  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:55 pm
Jaft

I... would probably watch that.

It is good to hear that you are all settling in well. smile  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:06 am
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

That's pretty cool that you guys are living together. I'd be a little nervous, living with someone else, because I'd be so set in my ways of living.

I wonder who would live me in Las Vegas, 'cause I'm not moving. xd

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:49 am
How spiffy! biggrin

You guys are like Three's Company but backwards kinda or something, yeah?

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:06 am
Wow, that is so awesome! I just moved outta my house to the next city over near my school. I've known all the people I'm living with for a while, but would have never thought of looking to the ATG for a roomie. Hope things work out and such for you guys!  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:12 am
Sounds like fun times...also, Ew...firewire...  

Arcanas

Hunter

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:26 pm
Wait we are almost to the end of the page and no one made a gay joke, or a tentacle rape monster joke. I am both sad and angered at the lack of effort in the ATG now. Kids these days.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff