Lookin' Animated Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm
Gaia has busted out the animated items recently. Curious and excited, I looked through the items, only three types are in stock for now, and while I do want to purchase them with my gold, not my cash, there are a couple concerns I have.

Concerns:
*The animation lasts only for about a month. If they keep it like this, the value of the item can drop so DRAMATICALLY that Shakespeare would turn in his grave.
*The cash pricing seems steep considering how the novelty wears off, literally.
*Some people have complained that the animations can be a bit much. (There is an option to turn them off in preferences.)

Take the Splendiferous Halo for example, cool, it animates. Then it turns static. Does that mean one pose? Does it mean multiple poses? How can it hope to compete with an evolving item with seventy or more poses at the same price of $9.99 US.

In short, as it stands now, it cannot. >_>

Otherwise, animation seems pretty cool. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:48 pm
Wait! Do you mean to tell me (I have read zip about these) that the animation that was paid for with real money is not forever?
Well then gaia couldn't convince me to get one if they were handing them out for free. talk2hand

Other wise I'd have the blush... or better yet, a revamp of the makeup items from the masquerade and the face items all with animations

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 pm
I laugh each time someone figures out what a scam this all is. Seriously why pay to be a test dummy?  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm
I'm hoping they listen to the feedback attentively and rectify all the major problems. Maybe they could stop animating and instead of just being static, have a decent amount of poses relative to value of each item.

@Elcia: From what I read, a lot of people like that one. And yes, the amount of time the animated items stays... animated is very LIMITED. O_O  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 pm
*lurk lurk lurk* O hai!

Back ontoppic: seriously, WTF??? Why are they wearing off?
Furhtemore: I think the prices won't drop: who'd drop them? The users? -lost of cash lost then-

Maybe it'd be like OMG hat, has a couple of poses but is worth a looooooot more than the EI's with a bajilion poses...  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:59 pm
The thing is though, is that unlike the OMG hat or EIs, this item loses something along the way. The animated version > the static version, I imagine.

The OMG hat has the advantage of being a 2003 item, giving it a lot of time to age like wine. Not to mention that whole supply and demand thing.

The static version of the halo runs the risk of not having a lot of demand, if it sucks.

These are all just guesses at what might happen. Who knows? :3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:28 pm
...hmmm. True dat.  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:10 pm
I had figured that Gaia would eventually start putting out animated items. I had not figured that they would stoop so low as to charge people so much for them only to then take away the animation. (I think the fact that they charge ten dollars for any item is atrocious, actually.) I am sure that many people will not realise that is the case until after they have bought the items seeing as not everyone reads the item descriptions.

Oh, Gaia. You have no concept of good customer service, do you?  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:22 pm
You know Terra that is what has me seriously disappointed by gaia for a long time now.
This went from a fun forums community to how can we rip kids off central. Donating is one thing, and I bought one card once but there is no end to the blatant greed.
I understand needing to pay for servers and workers but this is ridiculous. All three animated items is enough to buy a movie and watch a whole hour of animation over and over forever. <.<

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:51 pm
Sometimes people forget that Gaia isn't about the items.

;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:36 pm
I've been using my cash cards to buy/sell items to fund my latest art contest (although, with the lack of entries so far, I may just end up being that much richer for the effort). I decided not to use my cash for the animated items though. Not worth it.

I bough the blush with the regular gold that is not locked in the contest since it dropped quite a bit lately. I'll wait on the owl and the halo until the end of June since they'll be pretty cheap by then. They don't look nearly so interesting without animation.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:13 am
Originally, the halo made me go "Oooh! That's awesome." But limited time animation? gonk What a rip off!

Ahh well. Gaia can add pretty much whatever it wants. As long as they don't get rid of the forums and guilds I really don't care what stupid gimmicks they throw in.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:00 am
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

It's all depends on if you know how to say "No." lol

Perhaps if we sent in complaint letters to the headquarters, they'll get the drift.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 pm
This might have a good effect on the economy. Stupid people might pour all their gold into them and then when the price drops they have less money to hurt the gaia economy.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 pm
It'd be nice if a multi-billionaire in networth, just sold his/her items and just bought store items and sold them back repeatedly.

;D

I'd think that it's the smart, clever, greedy people that can hurt the economy more, with item monopolies and having merchant groups artificially raising the price to their liking.

Not the unaware buyers that make unwise consumer decisions. >_>  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces