Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
We need guns. Lots of guns. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:16 pm
This is my custom M4 carbine, which I partially painted in olive drab (not enough headshots for red tiger stripe).
I just finished it and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out smile

Click the image for a large HD version smile

User Image

User Image

Now you're probably wondering why I have a tactical carbine...
It's not real, notice the wire coming out the back? It fires plastic ball bearings at 330 feet per second, roughly 10 per second.

So why do I have it... I use it for Airsoft, which is a bit like paintballing, except a lot better. It's much more tactical and you can actually accurately fire in a straight line, its cheaper and hurts a lot less. The general attitude of players is really good, one of the reasons I keep going back is because everyone is so friendly everywhere. It's hard to describe how fun it is really.

Admittedly it is a bit geeky but some people take it way further than I do. I just do skirmishes for fun, some people run MilSim games... which is basically LARP with guns.

Everyone wears camouflage and tactical gear anyway... not to roleplay but because it's actually useful (that's why soldiers use it)

I pretty much just wanted to show off the gun I just painted but thought you where due some kind of explanation. Everyone should totally find a site near you and give it a go though ;D
Global Map of Sites

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:49 pm
I'd love to have a real M4 carbine and that should be saying something since I'm not all that much a fan of guns in general. xd

edit add in: checked site make and non in Indiana and thus proving Indiana is so lame. xp  

wo_nyrmo

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:30 pm
I don't know anything about guns and
I've never officially played with airsoft guns;
but let me tell you, I have some stories !
Living in the backwoods I've had many, many
shots fired upon me by my friends !
They hurt too... I have a few permanent marks.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:50 pm
I don't enjoy adjustable stocks.  

Archon of Aegis

Elder

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm
lol sweet, I have a couple of scars on my hand from where I was shot from about 2 feet away... since then I have always worn gloves.

Aegis I find them really useful, when your playing indoors it helps to have a slightly smaller gun so you fit can wave it about easier.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:34 am
That, is a badass AirSoft Rifle. 8D

Mine's an M4A1 Spring-Powered, because that's all I could afford at the moment. Px

I'm soon going to get an ACOG Crosshair Scope for my Rifle.  

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:39 am
I've never done anything like this, but is sounds interesting at the very least.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:44 am
I haven't been airsofting in SO LONG. Now I really wanna go again, it's pretty much the closest you can get to the real thing, obviously with much less danger involved xd
That AEG's pretty bitchin Scrub wink

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 am
I knew someone else had to have been xd
I go down with a group of 6+ mates now, as we keep getting more people into it, so its a right laugh.

Makes you respect the armed forces skills a lot more... it's so easy to get shot I am amazed the majority of them come back!  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:42 pm
I have an airsoft magnum, and my friend Bob has an Airsoft Shotgun.

and hur hur, I totally unlocked Red Tiger on my M21 EBR today. *coughmw2cough*  

Sunday Morning Hangover

I Resare I

Hygienic Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm
nice carbine dude. wonder how much would it take to score one?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 pm
About $130 for a plastic bodied one.
Mine is utterly custom including the mechanics inside... so more like $380.

... and last night I soldered an $85 computer into the gearbox so I could program the gun to fire 3 shot burst (amongst other benefits)

So lots of money... doesn't seem that much next to my mates $1000 Magpul M4 though... it's designed for police training so it weighs and fires like the real deal in every way possible. (except the recoil can't be made like real)  

scrub
Crew

I Resare I

Hygienic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:10 am
too bad it can't copy the recoil. the recoil in the guns what makes it exciting and powerful.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:58 am
lol I live in NY and I dont want a gun lol  

HungryManNY

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 am
Xx_Human_Eraser_xX
too bad it can't copy the recoil. the recoil in the guns what makes it exciting and powerful.
blaugh

Actually the recoil in an M4Carbine is pretty low anyway, so you wouldn't be missing that much. Depending on the energy levels of your gun (although UK law restricts this alot), you could get alot of recoil on something like an AK47/Spetznaz (I used one of these the last time I went airsofting).

Damn, now I really wanna go again. Unfortunatley, I don't really hangout with those people anymore sad

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas