Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:47 pm
I've been getting up at 5:30AM for work all week. This morning I had the opportunity to sleep in until 7PM if I felt like it...but I got up at 6AM anyway.

Why? Well if you've read the title of this thread, you've probably figured out that the answer is BACON!

xd We rarely have bacon in the house, but my dad was having a really bad day a few days ago, so the next morning my mom got some bacon for us...naturally there's some left over.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I looooove a good breakfast. But since I have to get up early for work most mornings, I usually don't have time to make and enjoy a good breakfast. And if I'm going to have a good breakfast, I don't want to rush it.

So this morning, my breakfast consisted of: Coffee, Scrambled eggs with onion, cheese, and avacado, bacon, and toast.

It was glorious and I enjoyed every bite of it, without having to shove it down my throat and rush for the door. xd My boyfriend teased me last night when I told him that I planned to get up earlier than I needed to, just for the sake of breakfast. My response? "It's BACON dammit! Bacon is always worth it!"

Oh yes, the point of this thread? Well if you've made it through my bacon fueled ramblings, the discussion topic is this: What things would prompt you to take a little extra time out of your day? Is there a particular meal or daily ritual you really enjoy, that others might tease you for when you put a little extra effort into it? And also breakfast. Some people love it, some people ignore it completly. What about you?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm
Bacon is amazing! I get to cook bacon every morning at work and I chow down on it as I make it (as long as managers aren't looking). BACON IS DELICIOUS.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:50 pm
...After working at a butcher's shop for the past 3 years, I'm kinda sick of bacon...every morning, at 4am till about 10, we're constantly making bacon...-_-

That's prolly why I'm over my max weight limit -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:54 pm
I LOVE bacon. There is no other food like it in the world. Once that smell wafts into the bedroom I'm up and AFTER that smell. MMMMmmmm

As for things that I sometimes take extra time for, is a nice BATH. I don't know what it is, but if I take the time to have a nice relaxing bath after work, or before homework I'm just more charged to do well. It's almost hardwired into me that a bath is something to be appreciated. Ask Aretoo about it any day and he'll tell you that I love getting clean in the bath. *Shrug*  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 pm
Baaaaacon~
Bacon is awesome and I don't blame you. I live on my own and my cooking skill is minimal at best, so I don't really cook breakfast ^^; (breakfast for me is a bowl of cereal or at best, a bagel). I love breakfast back at my parents house when they go all out for it though. Bacon (if we have some) and eggs, sinangag (it's basically just garlic fried rice) or pandesal (a....bread roll thing. Shut up it's good!), and my dad's coffee which incredibly sweet and I love it~

As for a daily ritual....nothing really comes to mind sad as that may be ^^; At least not right now. If I can come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:50 am
I gave up bacon...

Unless it's turkey bacon. Mmm... biggrin  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:50 am
Blah, my mom eats that. Not as cool as real honest to goodness bacon. I love bacon. I am a bacon fiend.

As for my mornings, most days I either skip breakfast or pick it up at McD's on my way to work. This may explain why lately I've only been losing the same 3lbs over and over, lol. But on the weekends, my dad makes breakfast. (Yeah, I'm at home still, but the rent is wicked cheap and the food really is free...and I may be out in 6 months any way.) Dad usually makes scrambled eggs with cheese or fries them, and there is always biscuits (we're part Southern) and either sausage or bacon or country ham (think Canadian bacon) and it is awesome. Some days there is even country gravy! Yum!  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 am
Southern cuisine would blow up my heart. biggrin  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:50 pm
invisible-weirdo
Baaaaacon~
Bacon is awesome and I don't blame you. I live on my own and my cooking skill is minimal at best, so I don't really cook breakfast ^^; (breakfast for me is a bowl of cereal or at best, a bagel). I love breakfast back at my parents house when they go all out for it though. Bacon (if we have some) and eggs, sinangag (it's basically just garlic fried rice) or pandesal (a....bread roll thing. Shut up it's good!), and my dad's coffee which incredibly sweet and I love it~

As for a daily ritual....nothing really comes to mind sad as that may be ^^; At least not right now. If I can come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know.
lol bread roll thing...you're a silly Pinay ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:53 pm
Arcanas
invisible-weirdo
Baaaaacon~

Yes I am, so shut up you =P
Besides, I really don't know the American equivalent of it so it's just 'bread roll thing'.
And I really do love the stuff. It sucks that I can't get it anywhere nearby though...

invisible-weirdo

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm
Jaft
I gave up bacon...

Unless it's turkey bacon. Mmm... biggrin

Kals is questing again!

TurBacon is okay, but really easy to overcook and not as good as proper fatty side bacon. In the UK I think they call it streaky bacon. Here we just call it bacon or side bacon. I love the thick-cut kind, sometimes maple-smoked.

Thal: In Canada, Canadian bacon is called back bacon. I only know this because I looked it up after someone mentioned it. Maybe it was Homer Simpson. I was all "wtf?! We have our own kind of bacon? Why have I never heard of this before?"

My preferred bacon preparation method belongs on "thisiswhyyourefat.com"; I fry the bacon nice and crispy in the pan, then toss some bread in to fry in (and subsequently soak up) the fat. Preferably a nice multigrain bread. I might fry up an egg or two after the bread and make a fried egg and bacon sandwich, but it's also fun to turn the bacontoast into bull's-eyes (think ummm eggs in a basket or... people call em different things. You cut a hole in bread and fry an egg in the hole while simultaneously toasting the bread). I know it's not great for me to ingest all that fat and salt at once, but... mmmmmmmmmmmm artery-hardening goodness. Totally worth the gall bladder attacks I inadvertently triggered.

I'm with Kusa on the bath issue (well, figuratively at least... I doubt we would both fit in the tub at the same time), but I have to shower after. I am one of those people who soaks in the bath until it's gone tepid, adds more hot water, and soaks some more (depending on how good the book I'm reading happens to be and at which point I fall asleep). The idea of soaking in my own grime grosses me out though, so I have ot have a proper shower when Im all done. The hot water tank is refilled again by then anyways XD

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm
Kalstolyn

I'm with Kusa on the bath issue (well, figuratively at least... I doubt we would both fit in the tub at the same time), but I have to shower after. I am one of those people who soaks in the bath until it's gone tepid, adds more hot water, and soaks some more (depending on how good the book I'm reading happens to be and at which point I fall asleep). The idea of soaking in my own grime grosses me out though, so I have ot have a proper shower when Im all done. The hot water tank is refilled again by then anyways XD

Check sig for details!

I actually take the time to shower BEFORE the bath really well so that I'm not feeling all grimy. But it makes it hard to get enough hot water for a long bath though.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:17 am
Kals is questing again!

Ah. Well a shower after makes it quick and easy to prevent a tub ring from forming, as the tub gets rinsed automagically. And even if I showered first, I would still have to shower again after. I'm kind of compulsive like that. Also I hate sitting in the bath with wet hair.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:40 am
Hehehe... AutoMAGICALLY. ^_^

Personally I don't really care about the life of the tub, since it's already breaking down. I know just what you mean about compulsions. I can't resist eating chocolate that is sitting on the table. I just can't help myself. xd  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 am
invisible-weirdo
Arcanas
invisible-weirdo
Baaaaacon~

Yes I am, so shut up you =P
Besides, I really don't know the American equivalent of it so it's just 'bread roll thing'.
And I really do love the stuff. It sucks that I can't get it anywhere nearby though...

lol. it is damn tasty. Maybe I'll send you a package or two.
course, my favorite is the Pan de Leche... om nom nom.

But I think most other people would call our lovely bread "dinner rolls" Even though most Filipinos eat them for breakfast, snacks, all the damn time! ^_^

I'm actually having one with my coffee as I type this...breaking off a piece, letting it soak up some coffee, then popping the soggy bread in my mouth...Mmm, breakfast of champions  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff