Reply Community Lounge
Physical Exercise Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:05 pm
So recently I lost a lot of weight and started working out and I have to say it really is more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

I was never a physically active person before and I never saw the appeal because I've always been a naturally strong person, I mean even before I was working out I could dead lift more than 300lbs, but now I can do so much more than I thought (not dead lifting though I can only do about 350 now).

I was completely unable to do push ups before and now within a few months I'm able to do hundreds, I enjoy being able to beat my own personal records on this because lets face facts I have man boobs, and within an hour I want to do more.

I went from curling less than 15 lbs to doing over 40 in just three months and my bicep has went from 10 inches to over 15. 17 with a pump though for a while I was larger than that. I've been slacking the last month or so.

Now I'm converting one of the rooms in the house into a workout room where I'm going to restart my routine with calisthenics and then I'm going to "steal" my cousins free weights and try to build from there. I say steal but he really doesn't want them anymore and I'm just going to get them from my sisters house before she throws them out.

Workout:

Day 1
Back/Bis - 4 sets of wide pull ups, 4 sets of 'normals' 4 sets of close, 4 sets of inverted 'normals' - 4 sets of free curls, 4 sets of concentrates, 4 sets of hammer, 4 sets of 2 handed hammers.

Day 2
Chest/Tris - 4 sets of decline, 4 sets of incline, 4 sets of flats, 4 sets of wides - 8 sets of benches, 8 sets of head cavers

Day 3
Shoulders/Abs - 4 sets of military press, 4 sets of free lifts, 4 sets of side lifts, 4 sets of mixed - 4 sets of leg lifts, 4 sets of crunches, 4 sets of bicycle, 4 sets of lateral crunches

Day 4
Legs - Pretty much anything I want to use but mostly squats/ dead lifts. Straight til failure on all sets, legs are a big group.

Day 5
REST!

And repeat.

I'm going to be working cardio in there every day, maybe even on my rest days like I was doing but probably not razz .  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 am
A good thing you might want to add in there (maybe once every two days) is a good run. Dunno how far you can run right now, but I'd start off at going a good 2 or 3 miles and work up from there. Good for the legs (so I'd suggest working in day four into that routine) and good for the cardio. Barring running (I know some people who simply can't stand running), swimming is another good way to work on cardio. Just two things to look at that I didn't see particularly mentioned in your routine.  

Undakai
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am
Ja, pumping iron iz gud. I'm pretty sure I was my strongest in high school since I had access to the weight room there. I don't know about now though.

I'd like a dedicated room for exercise.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:39 pm
congratulations! heart
You're an inspiration.  

Dose-Of-Irony

Sparkly Darling

15,350 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:44 pm
I need to get a picture of me now that I've lost weight so I can compare what I was to how I am now.

It's been hectic trying to get my schedule going but I think that tomorrow will be my day one. Light weight, high rep, just push it to the max and then hopefully I'll get that ache I've been missing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 am
I definitely second swimming, it's a full body cardio workout, and you don't have to worry about being soaked in sweat, since you're immersed in water.

Another thing I like to do when I run, is do a full sprint until you can't run anymore, then jog until you gain your breath back, and then do it again. It's essentially an explosive workout, which I've noticed give me more results than just running long distances.

Running up hills does wonders as well. And if there's a beach, or someplace with an expanse of sand, run on that, possibly during your recovery day, since sand has less of an impact on your joints, and it's a good workout as well.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Undakai
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:05 am
Arcanas
I definitely second swimming, it's a full body cardio workout, and you don't have to worry about being soaked in sweat, since you're immersed in water.

Another thing I like to do when I run, is do a full sprint until you can't run anymore, then jog until you gain your breath back, and then do it again. It's essentially an explosive workout, which I've noticed give me more results than just running long distances.

Running up hills does wonders as well. And if there's a beach, or someplace with an expanse of sand, run on that, possibly during your recovery day, since sand has less of an impact on your joints, and it's a good workout as well.
This is actually something I recommend. It's basically one of the exercises done in basic (and during morning PT on select days), where you run as a group and the last member in line sprints as fast as he can to the front of the group and then begins running at a normal pace again. REALLY good way to get a good cardio going and build up stamina for running longer distances.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:56 am
Yeah, in high school we called those "Wind Sprints". Did them all the time in soccer for off day practices. Hated them, lol.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:59 am
Someone really smart once said: "Exercise is a dirty word. Now I have to rince my mouth with chocolate." xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Congrats!  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 pm
Thaliat Everwood
Yeah, in high school we called those "Wind Sprints". Did them all the time in soccer for off day practices. Hated them, lol.
really? I thought those were when you ran from each line, back and forth...  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:44 pm
Arcanas
Thaliat Everwood

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Suicides, Arc...  

invisible-weirdo

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:55 pm
I have hurt my back at the moment. It sucks because a)I am in pain and b)I can't exercise.

I definitely agree with the suggestion that you work a good run in to your routine. Like Arc said, you will get the most out of it if you sprint then jog and then sprint again and then jog again. Bike riding is also a good alternative or swimming.

emmmahy
Someone really smart once said: "Exercise is a dirty word. Now I have to rince my mouth with chocolate." xd

lol
I have a little quote a day calendar on my desk about chocolate. I like the one for today: "One more pizza with chocolate sprinkles and you'll have to let out your shell" - Donatello, Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:53 am
[ Terra ]
I have hurt my back at the moment. It sucks because a)I am in pain and b)I can't exercise.

I definitely agree with the suggestion that you work a good run in to your routine. Like Arc said, you will get the most out of it if you sprint then jog and then sprint again and then jog again. Bike riding is also a good alternative or swimming.

emmmahy

lol
I have a little quote a day calendar on my desk about chocolate. I like the one for today: "One more pizza with chocolate sprinkles and you'll have to let out your shell" - Donatello, Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles.

lol  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 am
invisible-weirdo
Arcanas
Thaliat Everwood

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Suicides, Arc...

Suicides...I shudder at the memory. Those were evil with my asthma.
Wind Sprints was the more PC name we used for Indian Sprints...apparently someone thought it was derogatory to call 'em that. Wind Sprints were when the whole group jogged in a line and then the coach blew a whistle and the person at the end of the line sprints to the front. Rinse and repeat.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff