Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I miss my work computer Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I like goldfishes cause they're so delicious
  OM NOM NOM NOM
View Results

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 pm
Their is no contest
21" monitor vs 10" monitor
and I tested the speed by lading gaia aquarium: 6 sec vs 172 seconds
Maybe i should just move in to my office, I practically live there anyways  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm
Wooow you use a 10"? o.o
I get frustrated using my work laptop after using my work PC. 24" down to a 17" is a real killer when you're trying to do graphic design and intricate paths.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am
Or if your trying to do the profile of a wall/floor/ceiling plan  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:43 am
I'm at my parents house using my old 16" CRT atm... I always miss my 32" HDTV that I use back at my flat. I'm too used to sitting really far back from the screen.

10" is like netbook size >_> That would drive me mad on a desktop.  

scrub
Crew

AngelLovePM

11,700 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:59 pm
I cherish my new comp that's working. I had to share a comp for 3 months and it sure stressed me out, big time!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 pm
I have a 21" monitor but I need a new one because this one is 150 years old and weighs 3 tons. D: Which I wouldn't care about if text wasn't so hard to read on it.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 pm
I miss the lab computer with CS4 Premium. ;o; Illustrator makes everything easy... once you figure out all the little things in Illustrator. XDD I definitely did something today that make my task bar disappear and the top bar with all my windows in illustrator disappear. Had no idea how to fix it, so I lived with it. XD

BUT I CAN GO LIVE THERE FOR THIS WEEK. o: They're open 24/7 for dead and finals week.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 pm
I actually open the labs at 7am and close them at 8:30pm, so I pretty much do live there, just can't afford to eat there.  

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:42 pm
I have four computers I use at the moment:

- 15" MBP
- 13" MB
- 15" Compaq Notebook PC running Ubuntu (Though the hard drive is failing so I need to replace that...)
- 16" CRT Fullscreen monitor (measurement not including plastic case) connected to the Desktop PC running Windows XP SP3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:16 pm
PainfullyVivid
I miss the lab computer with CS4 Premium. ;o; Illustrator makes everything easy... once you figure out all the little things in Illustrator. XDD I definitely did something today that make my task bar disappear and the top bar with all my windows in illustrator disappear. Had no idea how to fix it, so I lived with it. XD

BUT I CAN GO LIVE THERE FOR THIS WEEK. o: They're open 24/7 for dead and finals week.

Ooooh, you use Illustrator? How amazing is it? I'm dying for CS5, it will make so many things so much easier for me.

I don't know if you have a shortcut for the different views, but hover your mouse on the far right and a little grey bar will pop up. Click that and at the very bottom there'll be a white rectangle. Click that and change the view to the top option.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 pm
.... I really want to upgrade Photoshop, though I don't really need too at the moment plus I don't have that kind of cash.

I don't do a lot of graphic work, but when I do I got CS2 on my MBP and MB...

There's Gimp on my Compaq running Ubuntu, but then again, the hard drive is failing and I have yet to replace it.

And the Desktop PC with XP? MS Paint and "Photopaint" from the 'Ability Office 2000' suite...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 pm
I'm using it for my 2D Design final project, so I have been using it for the last few weeks. Do I use it well? Maybe not since I've to teach myself how to use it, so I'm sure I'm missing loads of awesome stuff.

Awesome. I haven't done it again, at least. x3  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am
PainfullyVivid
I'm using it for my 2D Design final project, so I have been using it for the last few weeks. Do I use it well? Maybe not since I've to teach myself how to use it, so I'm sure I'm missing loads of awesome stuff.

Awesome. I haven't done it again, at least. x3

There's plenty of tutorials around if you need to know how to do cool stuff (:
The pen tool is the greatest thing, in my opinion xD Points and paths ftw.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 am
I own a Dell 22-inch Black Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor. I really don't think I'll ever be able to use anything smaller. I'm too used to the quality!

Though, the only thing it's used for now is my xBox. 8D  

No Sex For You

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 pm
No Sex For You
I own a Dell 22-inch Black Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor. I really don't think I'll ever be able to use anything smaller. I'm too used to the quality!

Though, the only thing it's used for now is my xBox. 8D
@work
So it's a cat in your signature
Allways looked like a Glimer on my PC  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items