Reply Community Lounge
WORST WEEK EVER! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm
Ever had one of those days? Well it's been one of those weeks for me.

It started out with the whole GRM and I situation which is not really something I ever expected to happen and threw me into a whole new depression. I'm still trying to sort out what the hell happened there although we've had time to talk about it and now things are at least on a better track than when they started.

Next my sister broke up with her boyfriend and just made the whole situation compound because it just reminded me of mine and everyone was talking about it. It seems like there is no end to the breakups in spring these days.

Next my uncle Dave died. The funeral was today and I just could not bring myself to go to it because I'm not in any mood to comfort anyone else. Not only that my family are a bunch of alcoholics and I'm trying not to drink which is a temptation that I'm having problems with this week and they are NOT supportive at all when they are drunk.

Now my father has had a growth on the side of his neck for a while now it started while I was still incarcerated and it has just kept getting worse. Well today was his surgery and there were some complications, of an unknown factor to me, and he almost died on the operating table and was placed in the ICU where he is having multiple seizures which are wiping his short term memory and causing severe problems with his stability.

He's been an epileptic since he was in his mid twenties and up until last October was seizure free for years so I can't even imagine what the hell is going on right now.

The story I got from my Aunt who is with him at the hospital was that after surgery he woke up and turned to my Grandmother and said "Mom what are you doing here I need to get into surgery?" where my aunt replied "You already had surgery" and he just spaced out and had another seizure and the woke up again to say "Mom what are you doing here I need to get into surgery?"

I still don't even know what the mass was but it was pretty much agreed by everyone that it was an infection of some kind because of how fast it was growing and the fact that it was warm to the touch.

The doctors were reluctant to say it was an infection but they said for sure it was not a tumor or cancer though I've not been updated yet on that.

Edit: NOW MY COMPUTER IS MAKING A FUNNY NOISE! Pales in comparison to everything else but God Damn it I need to focus on something I can control right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:28 pm
That is one sucky week....

I hope your dad is okay. That sounds terrible. For him and everyone around him worrying... sad

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Kals is questing again!

General anaesthetic is scary stuff; it can do weird things to lots of people. I hope your dad recovers.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:51 pm
Update: I just called my aunt and my father is in stable condition. It was an infection in his neck just like we thought and they are worried that the infection is going to spread into his blood so they are keeping him for observation for possibly the next two days.

He's been dealing with diabetes for a little bit now and his blood sugar levels have been in the 20's for almost an entire two months which is not good but when they took out the mass infection it dropped to 7.5! Doesn't mean it's gone just that his blood sugar is at least at a normal level.

Unfortunately he's too weak to walk right now so they've had to insert a catheter (ouch).

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong now.  

God-The-RapistV1

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm
Sweet mercy, dude. D8

May the gods look favorably upon thee from now on.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am
When my sister was having issues with her kidneys, they had to insert a catheter... That wasn't fun... No 11 year old should have to go through that... She's 19 now.

You know you've got my support whenever you need it, bro.  

Arcanas

Hunter

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm
You were not kidding when you said worst week ever. In fact, you were sugar-coating it. D:
I don't know you since I live in the games subforum sweatdrop , but I hope everything works out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon."

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:08 am
thats just.... wow....

welcome back I've missed you hope it helps >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am
GTR, I will keep you in my meditation prayers and send you positive energy in hopes that things will get better. Remember to keep your head up and keep looking forward. ^_^  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:26 am
Thank you everyone for your understanding and support. It's nice to know that the human race isn't entirely made up of assholes (like me razz ) and that people are capable of compassion.

Things are going a little better. I've been able to motivate myself enough that the house work is getting done and I'm taking care of the important stuff as it comes along.

My father is still in the hospital but if they can get his fever to a normal level then he'll be released today, or at least moved out of ICU.

I've been trying to get my application for OW put through so that I can pay rent this month and so far everything is working out fine. Today I went and I dropped off some information for them about banking and rent and whatnot and on the way back I stopped off at KFC to buy some popcorn chicken for my kids, who are coming back from GRMs parents, and I got offered a job. I've known the manager there since High school and she told me if I wanted a job to just come by at 3:30 on Sunday.

I wouldn't say things are better but they're looking up for sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 pm
I love their popcorn chicken.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm
Popcorn chicken is delicious.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm
It was yummy! whee  

God-Raped-Me

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 pm
I agree that that sounded like an AWFUL week GTR. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to look up for you, and you can be sure that Aretoo and I are always there for you if you need us.

A little while ago he and I had a similarly horrendous month. I actually have a white EYEBROW from the stress, so I can safely say I know what you're going through.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff