Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I understand that this should go into the art sub-area, but how would I get an opinion in there? It's hardly ever visited.

My final for art is coming up and I've been writing down some ideas. I, personally, want to draw something that has to do with idioms (i.e. Hit the nail on the head, hanging on a limb, etc). My dad suggested body parts since he didn't think my ideas were all that special.

I want to know what you guys think. :3

I have to do TWO pieces. The ideas for each separate piece will be divided by an = sign.

1. Water splatters/splashes = Eyeballs or eyes

2. Paper bag crumpled to look like a mushroom cloud = a real mushroom cloud.

3. Gun to the head, flowers/birds exploding on opposite side = Hands holding a brain, another hand holding an umbrella over the brain to prevent a blood rain from hitting it; symbolizes a stroke.

4. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." A girl holding a bird with two hands outstretched towards her crotch = "Gut feeling." Hands coming out of the stomach and pointing to it/touching it.

5. "Bite your tongue." Person about to eat a tongue with their own tongue cut out = Head on a silver platter, literally.

6. "Crack someone up." A person chiseling away on another person; the original meaning is to laugh so hard you hurt. = "High on the hog." A person some a pig, holding it like one would a joint.

7. "Cry wolf." A person with their mouth open, wolves pouring out. = "Pipe down." A person swalling a piece of pipe.

8. "Can't cut the mustard." A hand trying to stab a mustard jar or bottle. = "Out on a limb." A person hanging off an arm or leg.

My dad's ideas are next (his are more for study because I like to draw all the little lines):
9. Baby hands = Old person's hands

10. Baby feet = Old person's feet

11. Baby face = Old person's face

If you have any ideas to add, let me know. I'm just curious as to what you guys think I should draw. Quite frankly, I'm tempted to put the list away and make a series out of it when I find time to draw what I want.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm
I visit it regularly, there just are not too many active threads.

About idea four, I don't understand how they would be outstretched towards the crotch.

I'm in favour of number 6.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm
Jaft
I visit it regularly, there just are not too many active threads.

About idea four, I don't understand how they would be outstretched towards the crotch.

I'm in favour of number 6.

You have a piece of paper. I picture it this way: The girl's poised almost like she's floating. Her lower region'll be suggested, not actually drawn. There'll probably be a hint of pubic hair. The hands are coming from the bottom corner of the paper, like they're going to grab her.

I was going to be a little more disgusting with it and draw hands actually coming out of that particular part I can't really talk about on Gaia (xP), but I might not want to go with that just in case there are some boundaries to which I must stay in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm
OOOOOOH, the bush being her pubes? I also like number 4 too then.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 am
#4 made me laugh at the play on words. I like it.

For the guts side, though.... Would it be more clear if hand were going into the stomach instead of hands coming out? I'm imagining more hands reaching in a hole in the torso and gingerly holding intestines. Or intestines having been pulled out of a wound and maybe being held affectionately to the face of the person. Then it's like...'feeling' as in touching, and maybe 'feeling' as in emotion. If it's just the stomach you want, though. I like touching more than pointing at any rate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 am

@Waku: I'll think about that one, with the intestines. I could get pop culture-ish with it and draw a person about to kiss intestines, a heart in between the two of them.

Like I said, I just might make a series out of it for kicks and giggles.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 am
I like #3 with the gunthing. I can picture it, a realistic gun (magnum or an uzi) pressed against a person's head/ear, a rainbow mesh of flowers birds thing coming out of the other ear...but I don't know if it's the thing for a final. And the stroke symbol thing...meh, I don't think highly of that.
"Cry wolf" I like.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:32 am
My problem with the gun one is that a have a friend who has a teeshirt depicting a silhouette of a girl with a gun to her head, and birds are flying out the other side. I want to say it was Threadless shirt, but I'm not sure.

So that seems too popular a concept to me.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Erius zee Dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm
Well, attention has been drawn... that means the thread can go where it belongs now.
Your initial audience will find it, everything will be in order, and that's what everyone loves, right? whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:51 pm
Have you settled on an idea yet?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

I have not. I still have to run the ideas by my teacher and I don't see her until Tuesday.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 am
That's so far away. D8  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Nevermind. I called her up and ran them by her. She said they all sounded just fine, that I should keep them for future classes. The ideas, that is.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm
You will scan us some copies for us to look at, right? :3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Yeah, I'm gonna wanna see this stuff when it's done (if not some progress along the way~)!  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff